Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah i really miss walking into small businesses where the owners were all hopped up on "HOW TO OWN A SMALL BUSINESS" and spend the whole time trying to satisfying your every need and then they're also libertarians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's doing a really good job of murdering all comic book stores

where are you supposed to go to hang out with tatted up shy bookish girls when that happens amazon

coffee shops

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i bring biooks to bars now too

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Alereon posted:

yeah gently caress amazon especially for trying to tell publishers they cant overcharge me

you see the publishers are isis and amazon is the kurds. independent book sellers are those villages in the middle where everyone gets beheaded.

i'm crazy Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and I just cant stop slashing prices!!!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

Small business owners are actually subhuman garbage and America's vanguard on the quest to sell out everyone and everything for a dollar. I support Amazon in utterly destroying them. nothing of value was lost.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think obama should declare that anyone who is a coal worker in any of those coal places will be paid a living wage until they find a new means to support themselves and then he should just ban coal mining

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

Coal miners make top-of-pay-scale money in the areas they work in. A coal miner in West Virginia makes more than a professor at WVU.

pay them whatever they make now then

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

the usps is publicly controlled, entirely self-funded (none of your taxes pay for it) and works better than any of the private carriers. you have literally nothing to complain about here.

grow up

I would happily pay taxes for it if that means no more trash delivery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Cold on a Cob posted:

in canada they are slowly phasing out home delivery in favour of putting in those big community mailboxes

bitch all you want about usps but if they ever start losing money have fun fighting them when they put one of those communal mailboxes on your front lawn and you come home to piles of junk mail all around it

(luckily for me i'm next to an apartment building so they'll probably put the mailbox beside that but other people in older, densely packed neighbourhoods are pretty hosed)

Lol i can't remember living anywhere that didn't have communal mailboxes.

• Locked thread