Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
before amazon i couldn't get any decent tailoring books for less than $80 dollars but now i can get a pretty good one for my ipad for only tenbux

but ebay and amazon have let a bunch of depressing steampunk cosplay girls exhaust the supply of the ones i really want so they have shot up past $400 and they're never for sale because nerds buy them and then never use them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

BONGHITZ posted:

what makes tailoring books so good?

there are lots of cool pictures, even in later books like a 70's edition where everything is high waisted plaid super snug hips over a flared leg with a razor sharp crease. also, there are little techniques that can really only be learned from books unless you're lucky enough to find an old school tailor willing to teach you

a lot of tailors don't bother learning certain techniques since couture has become a cashmere hoodie over some off the rack pants, maybe altered, that get steamed every week so why bother learning how to draw up your own patterns for each customer or how to carefully shape with an iron if the customer won't notice the difference

so of course internet weirdos snatch up vintage shears and a good quality 16 pound dry iron and the only copy of a cool old book to come for auction all so they can buy a pair of pinstripe pants from the goodwill they can dye yellow to dress up like doctor who

• Locked thread