Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3dvd5_JAHMAL1111_njpw-9-15-14/1#video=x2613p6

9/15 Korakuen show up on Dailymotion. Jahmahl also has the 9/13 show but it's some sort of minimal setup or fancam with no themes.

The themes that are normally blocked on Ustream are all there, but unfortunately after he had trouble with the last Korauen show he's now editing out MiSu's entrance.

Edit: He also has Blue Justice V, which I at least want to see the main from.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Thauros posted:

Jahmahl also has the 9/13 show but it's some sort of minimal setup or fancam with no themes.

that's what those nicopro exclusive shows look like, 1 hard cam, same music muting as iPPV & no commentary.

I subbed to nicopro to watch all the BOSJ days that were on it last year and it wasn't really worthwhile.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Observer:

quote:

At press time, Ustream is only listing the first of the two Destruction shows, 9/21 in Kobe, for broadcast, which may be the last iPPV. The show will start a 3 a.m. on Sunday morning on the East Coast and midnight Saturday night on the West Coast. The 9/23 show in Okayama is not listed for iPPV and there has been nothing said to anyone about New Japan continuing the service and we’ve checked around and nobody seems to know anything. So the Okayama show and 10/13 Sumo Hall show look to be the first major New Japan shows in a couple of years which at this point won’t be available live outside of Japan. Over the past year, Ustream has also broadcast almost all the Korakuen Hall shows, but did not broadcast the past two. The only rumblings we’ve heard going forward are that Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling is in negotiations regarding handling the American PPV of the Wrestle Kingdom show on 1/4 at the Tokyo Dome, which would likely air on a tape delay at 8 p.m. Eastern on 1/4.

Bad news on a couple fronts, though I'm not going to panic this time until KoPW comes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
What about Nico?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

Just found out about this, what's the name of the movie in romanji? Wouldn't mind checking it out if it becomes possible in the future.

It doesn't mention the title in that post (just like coconono said, a translation of "I'm in my first movie, go and see it!") but I can go track it down I guess. Or maybe just ask him on twitter...?

If I'm not traveling this winter I'll be at the Tokyo Dome show guaran-drat-teed.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Yottsume says King of Pro Wrestling will be available on UStream:

https://twitter.com/puro_yottsume/status/513685647177953280

Maybe they worked out a deal for someone else to handle the business end of things? Or maybe it's just a mistake.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, just came to post the same thing.

quote:

PuroresuShop.com ‏@puro_yottsume 2m

#NJPW King Of Prowrestling 10.13 Ryogoku will be available on USTREAM

That would be great if they follow ROH's route and use Ustream with their own payment system. UStream's feeds are great, but the payment system can gently caress up at times.

EDIT: It looks like he's just going by the logo on the picture, which sadly could just be a fuckup. I was hoping he read something on the Japanese website.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 21, 2014

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone have a non-Ustream link to the show? I can't buy it because they don't accept my bank card and apparently their website was designed in 2002 so I can't use Paypal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

An Actual Bear posted:

Anyone have a non-Ustream link to the show? I can't buy it because they don't accept my bank card and apparently their website was designed in 2002 so I can't use Paypal.

Ustream's payment processing seems to be hosed, I tried buying it yesterday and was unable to. It should be up on DailyMotion soon and I think everyone can watch this one there guilt free.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I was able to buy it just now with no issues, so at least some payments must be going through.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Finally got around to watching the last two matches. I'm glad I managed to remain unspoiled, I assumed Fale retained since I heard nothing about a title change. I'm a bit bummed they seem to have no plans on giving Shinsuke the IWGP championship, but I'm not going to complain about my favorite wrestler winning a main event and the IC title has main event prestige when he has it.

At this point they should probably just make it a Shinsuke facebelt though. The only IC title match since the summer of 2012 he wasn't involved in took place in CMLL.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
What was the cause of NJPW's momentum in the last couple of years? They always seemed like they were there and had some good matches but in the past couple of years things have really picked up. My instinct is that it's them establishing big main event stars in Okada/Tanahashi/Nakamura combined with better access to streams so its easier for fans who aren't in Japan to follow, but I'm just guessing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Perry Normal posted:

What was the cause of NJPW's momentum in the last couple of years? They always seemed like they were there and had some good matches but in the past couple of years things have really picked up. My instinct is that it's them establishing big main event stars in Okada/Tanahashi/Nakamura combined with better access to streams so its easier for fans who aren't in Japan to follow, but I'm just guessing.

company got sold from Yuke's (yes, the people that make WWE games...) and is now owned by BushiRoad, who make collectible card games and mobile phone software. They've put more money into the product, and Gedo and Jado have taken over booking and kept it really simple, classic pro wrestling. And then their collection of wrestlers just keep on putting on amazing matches. It's into a real virtuous upward cycle at this point.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

I think it started with Tanahashi and Suzuki's 5 Star Match and continued with the Okada and Tanahashi feud, that and any other pro wrestling at that time was kind of dire. WWE, TNA, ROH all were in a slump for multiple reasons and NJPW was the next big alternative.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea, I'd heard good things but had never really gone out of my way to watch NJPW until someone mentioned the Tanahashi-Suzuki match. After watching that, I decided to track down WrestleKingdom 7 after it happened. From there, I was all in.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Nico's streaming service is pretty easy to navigate. You just buy points and then use the points to buy a ticket for the stream I think. It accepted my Visa debit card just fine.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

spoilers for todays show: http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/detail_result.php?e=888

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

What's that about Bushi and the NWA Jr Title?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

KOPW probably gonna be:

Styles vs Tanahashi
Nakamura vs Shibata
Okada vs Naito
Taguchi vs Desperado
Splitters vs Bucks

the BUSHI thing is he wants to challenge for the NWA jr title, which unfortunately is no longer held by Ricky Morton

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

All those matches gonna be rad.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The last Splitters/Bucks match was awesome, that card looks great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

masato tatanka posted:

KOPW probably gonna be:

Styles vs Tanahashi
Nakamura vs Shibata
Okada vs Naito
Taguchi vs Desperado
Splitters vs Bucks

the BUSHI thing is he wants to challenge for the NWA jr title, which unfortunately is no longer held by Ricky Morton

Nakamara vs Shibata is really weird, Makabe makes more sense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

masato tatanka posted:

KOPW probably gonna be:

Styles vs Tanahashi
Nakamura vs Shibata
Okada vs Naito
Taguchi vs Desperado
Splitters vs Bucks

cant wait to order i...oh.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00O3gQQY96c

He's back!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Chase Owens has the most lifeless eyes I've seen this side of a corpse.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This is the peak of modern society.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Thoughts on Okayama:

- These Bucks vs. Hooligans sprints get pretty boring after you've seen them a couple of times because they do the same stuff every time.
- Nakamura/Ishii vs. Fale/Tonga was suprisingly good and you can't pin it all on the Japanese guys, Fale and Tonga are both improving.
- Between their characters and working styles Honma and Shibata have great chemistry and I'd love an extended program between them but that will probably never happen.
- El Desperado already seems way more interesting as a heel. I was a little disappointed in KUSHIDA's somewhat inconsistent selling of the knee after how great he'd been at it on the other show, but the match was still very good. It was nice to see a juniors tag that diverged from the typical pure workrate formula by having a clear heel/face dynamic.
- The crowd didn't care about Yujiro vs. YOSHI-HASHI at all to start out with but by the end they were really getting into it and so was I, so good for them.
- Okada really carries himself like he's The Guy. I thought he did a good job here fighting someone who's clearly below him in the pecking order and so shouldn't be working a pure 50/50 match.
- Unfortunately he also has an irritating tendency to build his matches around getting his Rainmaker arm worked over but never actually having it impact the match in any meaningful way. He doesn't sell it well while on offense and doesn't give the impression he's having to work around it. In spite of that the Anderson match was good. The flip out of the gun stun was super cool. I thought they reined in the typical stretch run excess (probably because it wasn't a title match) and the match was better for it. I think there were only two Rainmaker counters instead of the usual ten, but I still want to see him just hit the loving move first try at some point.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 24, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Okayama's up:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3e9kn_JAHMAL1111_njpw-9-23-14/1#video=x26iea2

Is it remotely possible to get this in avatar size? I'm terrible with gifs

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KOPW card:

http://www.njpw.co.jp/match/card.php?e=889

Ibushi/Honma/Nagata/Makabe vs Tonga/Fale/Gallows/Anderson
IWGP Jr Tag Championship: Timesplitters vs Hooligans vs Young Bucks
NWA Jr Championship: Chase Owens vs BUSHI
NWA Tag Championship: TenCozy vs KES
YTR/Saku vs Suzuki/Iizuka
IWGP Jr Championship: Taguchi vs Desperado
NEVER Championship: Yujiro vs Ishii
Nakamura/Tacos vs Goto/Shibata
Match for the Tokyo Dome briefcase: Okada vs Naito
IWGP Championship: Styles vs Tanahashi

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
too many loving titles

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing I know about Chase Owens is that he holds his own in this fun match with Cedric Alexander, Adam Page & Trevor Lee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bo0uLukLIw

A lot of posters here are more familiar with Smoky Mountain than I am so I won't bother commenting on the commentary and production values/botches

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tonfa posted:

KOPW card:

http://www.njpw.co.jp/match/card.php?e=889

Ibushi/Honma/Nagata/Makabe vs Tonga/Fale/Gallows/Anderson
IWGP Jr Tag Championship: Timesplitters vs Hooligans vs Young Bucks
NWA Jr Championship: Chase Owens vs BUSHI
NWA Tag Championship: TenCozy vs KES
IWGP Jr Championship: Taguchi vs Desperado
NEVER Championship: Yujiro vs Ishii
Nakamura/Tacos vs Goto/Shibata
Match for the Tokyo Dome briefcase: Okada vs Naito
IWGP Championship: Styles vs Tanahashi

Rad card. So let's be real, at WK we're getting Okada vs either Tana or Styles.

That's a win/win right there.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

it's at Korakuen, I wonder if it's sold out yet...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

it's at Korakuen, I wonder if it's sold out yet...

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=889

Uh, it's at Ryogoku Kokugikan/Sumo Hall like always. You should definitely be able to get a seat.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Tonfa posted:

as much as we are all tired of ytr/misu i think a tag team of ytr and sakuraba is the funniest thing ever.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=889

Uh, it's at Ryogoku Kokugikan/Sumo Hall like always. You should definitely be able to get a seat.

I meant that :downs: I might have enough this month to go see it, I'll check the dates to be sure.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Is it remotely possible to get this in avatar size? I'm terrible with gifs

I already forgot what the new fize size and stuff is.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Know I'm late, but that final counter to the Gunstar was rad as hell.

Also, the KOPW card looks like one of the best in awhile. Though, I'm tempted to do a drinking game where I take a shot for every super kick in that Jr. Tag belt match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?

Needs More Jazz posted:

Also, the KOPW card looks like one of the best in awhile. Though, I'm tempted to do a drinking game where I take a shot for every super kick in that Jr. Tag belt match.

rip needs more jazz

• Locked thread