Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Harrison

Harrison approaches the man he shot. Making sure both his gun and the other man's are safely out of the other's reach, he kneels down near him, and, after securing him and his weapon, he says, "I know who you are. You're the dude who shot at federal agents. You're also somebody who's going to die if I don't do anything." Standing up, he walks over to the hall window, and yells down to Martin, "Bring up the doctor's bag. I've got wounded up here!"

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Martin Dash

Torn between helping his new colleagues and making sure any further targets can't flee, Dash makes a decision to ignore the car for now and get the first aid kit - a wounded captive is worth more to them than a shoot-out on the streets.

Running to the open trunk of the car, he grabs the kit and slams the lid closed with his other hand, still gripping his pistol before moving off again. As he reached the doorway to the apartment building, he took cover against the wall and leaned in to take account of any fleeing targets before proceeding cautiously to the second floor apartments.

Cautiously advancing, taking cover where possible in case someone gets past the others. If anyone pops their heads out of their apartments, will Fast-Talk I'm a federal agent.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Apartments

Martin heads up the stairs and down the hall just like Harrison and Gates minutes before, and finds it clear. He approaches the wounded man who glares daggers at him; if looks could kill, he knows he and Harrison both would be piles of ash right about now. A few feet away, Sergeant Gates checks the door to 2D and finds it locked, and takes a step back. Raising his assault rifle, he fires off a short burst into the door handle, blowing out the wood around it. He takes a step back and pistons his foot out, kicking the door handle free of the wood and the doorframe, and the door swings inwards with the force of the blow.

Just as the door in front of him swings open, the door behind him literally explodes off its frame, and before the ranger can even turn around he feels something massive slam into his back, lifting him off of his feet and carrying him forward into the apartment. Dash and Harrison barely see the action through the dust kicked up from the damaged wall, but can see Gates lifted bodily before whoever came out of the woodwork (literally) takes him into the witness' apartment. Gates finds himself slammed down into the floor, feeling his teeth rattle in his head as a knee is planted in his back. He hears heavy breathing and feels the hot, smelly breath on his ear, and in his peripheral vision he sees a muscular hand clamped on the back of his neck.

From within the apartment comes a terrible, female scream, and Gates feels the hand at his neck loosen as his assailant looks up, distracted; the sergeant is able to look across the room as a glass shatters, and standing there is their witness, her face white. The ranger feels the pressure let up on his back as his assailant begins to get to his feet, forgetting Gates. He hears a voice that sounds like it has been ravaged by years of smoking. "gently caress, no witnesses!"

NYPD update coming shortly!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
Jack takes the opportunity to escape and get out from under this nasty motherfucker. Flipping over onto his back, he draws his pistol and fires a doubletap into the man, center mass. "Harrison!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Harrigan's Office

The detective looks up from his work, his eyebrows raising while he listens to Jennifer speak. He looks over to Callahan and adjusts himself in his seat, motioning for the two of them to come in and sit down. "Yeah, I got the message you were coming up. CDC and the Marshalls, huh? This must be something pretty big." Frank closes his folder and tucks it into a drawer in his desk; Nash catches CLASSIFIED and a shield stamped on the folder before it's put away.

Frank laces his fingers together and leans forward, glancing between his two guests. "Now, you two make more sense coming in that the Department of Defense, but I'm gonna take a guess that your story is there's some serial killer on the run that has a thing for leaving bodies flayed open, and does what he can to putrefy the bodies. Am I right?" Frank gives a big grin before digging a bottle of scotch out of his desk, as well as a couple of tumblers. He doesn't give a chance to respond before continuing. "Because DoD gent, whose rear end I just kicked out of my office here a few minutes ago, gave me a cock and bull story about how it could be a terrorist attack. Now here's the thing."

Harrigan pours a bit of scotch into the tumblers, sliding one glass across the desk and shrugging as if to say 'who ever wants it,' before splashing another finger into his own and taking a deep breath through his nose; a look of elation spreads on his face, before he turns serious again. "You two are ALSO spooks, but you aren't with the one I just dealt with. Now, I ain't heard anything through any of my channels, so maybe you guys are with him, maybe you guys are with someone else. But I need to know, before I tell you ANYTHING even resembling the truth.."

Slugging back the scotch, Frank grimaces and gives his head a curt shake before exhaling. He sets the glass down, resting both hands on the desk again. "Are you two AEGIS or Black Book?" His face goes impassive as he studies the two's reaction, his eyebrows raised.

Outside, Tami finds that electronic signals are being jammed all throughout the building. Whatever messages she has for the two inside are not making it through, but a quick check shows that the blockage is not up to NSA standards and wouldn't stand a chance against someone who knows what they're doing. She looks at one of her monitors and spots a man in a black suit picking his way through the cars in the parking lot, headed towards her van. He doesn't seem to realize there are cameras on him, and as he draws closer he pushes his jacket aside to reveal a pistol.

Synoria Dyne
Nov 1, 2010

Tami Lea Kayla

Tami narrows her eyes at the sight of the pistol. Not favoring the idea of being shot while cracking the blockade on her information, she scoots closer to the door and draws her own gun, waiting for the man to get closer.

The intent is to slam the door open in his face and possibly do some damage to him.

Synoria Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 6, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Nash

Nash glances at Jennifer before returning his attention to the detective. The man had just supposedly thrown out what could only have been a Black Book agent, and Nash had a fifty-fifty chance of giving the right answer anyway. "AEGIS," he says.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Harrison

"Dash, get yourself and him out of the way", Harrison says, gesturing at the wounded man. Then crouching, he walks towards the door to apartment 2D. Kneeling in the doorway, he aims at the attacker's knee, and pulls the trigger.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jennifer Stetson

Jennifer grabs the tumbler and takes a sip of the Scotch, not surprised that it's not top shelf, but what did she expect from the police? She then nods as Nash gives up the goods on them being with AEGIS. "Yeah, we ain't black book. Kind of a shame you know the difference; I had this good story set up about how domestic terrorists were smuggling in diseases in infected hosts, and then hacking off their limbs to hamper identification and thus the chain of the disease, but I guess I'll have to save that one for another time." She finishes the Scotch and places the glass down on the table, sliding it over and nodding as if to say, "put some more in that thing."

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Martin Dash

Sighing at having to take orders again, he slides the first aid bag back further into the room, before grabbing the wounded man with his free left hand by the back of his shirt-neck and dragging him bodily into cover. All the while, the handgun in his other hand hovered above him, pointing at his chest.

"I will not hesitate to unload this clip, so keep still and loving silent," he hissed between gritted teeth as he braced for another pull.

Kneeling a small distance from the downed man, he aimed towards the open door, keeping their captive and the entrance in line of sight.

"Identify before re-entering!"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
NYPD

Harrigan visibly relaxes when he hears the two agents are AEGIS, and gives a curt laugh when Jennifer motions for more scotch. "Lady after my own heart. Might need to look you up if we make it through all this." He pours a double of scotch and slides the glass back over, tucking the bottle back into its drawer.

"Had a Black Book guy in here earlier. Didn't like that I made him, since he didn't know me and didn't know where my loyalty lies. Lucky me that he had to turn his gun in or I think you guys might've had another corpse on your hands." He pulls the confidential file back out of his desk and flips through it for a moment, before folding it back and turning it around, sliding it across the desk and tapping the photo. It's a similar one to the one they'd seen in the briefing, but is done at a much wider angle, directly above the scene, as well as pictures of the walls higher up that show droplets of blood.

"Had one of the techs climb up on the fire escape and get this picture. Our John Doe wasn't killed and scattered on the ground, and we checked the roof; they weren't killed there, either."

Frank leans forward, his face dark. "They were killed in midair, and dismembered on the way down. Either someone swallowed a grenade or we got a freak on our hands." He looks down at the file and sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "You guys take that. It's not on file here for the actual investigation, so it's off the books. I don't know any paranormal experts so you'll wanna run that by CAPS, see if there's anything to the splatter. They usually catch bullshit like that." He shifts in his seat, looking over at his computer.

"If you really wanna check out the John, I'll send note of your clearance down to the morgue." He turns to his computer and start clicking around, and after a minute gets a frustrated, confused look on his face. "That's weird, the network is d.. oh. poo poo." He quickly checks his cell phone and, after a moment, digs out his HERMES device. "We're getting jammed." Sure enough, checking their own devices, Nash and Jenni find they have no connection to the outside world.

"This ain't good."

Outside, across the street, the man creeping up on the van stops right by the van door and slowly and cautiously attaches a suppressor to the end of his pistol. Right as he finishes, he looks up in time to catch the edge of the door right in his nose, crunching it against his face and sending him staggering back with a spray of blood, and breaking his sunglasses, falling from his face in two pieces. The man does not grunt or react, but merely shakes his head to reassert himself, glaring at the woman with reptilian eyes.

Tami acts quickly as to not waste her opportunity; she hops down from the van and twirls her pistol, bringing it butt down in the man's face with another crunch. Pressing her advantage, she spins on her heel, hooking the heel of her other foot against his head and staggering him once more, before completing one more spin to piston her foot out into the top of the man's head. The man slumps to the ground with a groan and lies still, but breathing, and Tami assumes a more neutral stance, her eyes still on the man at her feet. His kung-fu was no match for hers.

Tami basically kills the fucker in one surprise round. Note: this was a loving Saurian Man in Black, with 60 HP, and Tami wrecked his rear end. MARTIAL ARTS IS GOOD

I'll have apartment team's update here later tonight.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637812/ 10 x 3 + 4 = 34 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637814/ Bonus damage rol

Pistol Whip -> Spin Kick -> Roundhouse Combo
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637821/ 13, 14, 15; all succeses; last hit deals 1 bonus damage before multipliers
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637824/ 8, 9, 12; no successful blocks! All three hits land!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637827/
4 x 3 = 12
4 x 3 = 12
3 x 4 = 12

-12/57 LP MiB ARE YOU SERIOUS

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 9, 2014

Synoria Dyne
Nov 1, 2010

Tami Lea Kayla

A faint smile of satisfaction of a job well done graces Tami's face briefly as she contemplates the incapacitated Saurian. Hard on the heels of the faint smile is a scowl as she realizes this has the potential for Issues. She scans the area, seeing how much attention she's already attracted, if any.

Synoria Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 9, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Nash

Callahan's hand immediately goes to his sidearm, though it stays in its holster. To Jennifer, he says, "stay down," and he crosses to the office door. He peeks into the hallway outside, asking, "how long ago did the other guy leave, and what did he look like?"

If there's nothing in the hall, I'll look out the window, too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jennifer Stetson

Jennifer raises the second glass at the detective and bottoms down the drink in one gulp. She then pulls her flask out of her purse and fills up her glass with a clear liquid, and offers some to the detective. When the photo is slid across the desk, she lets Nash look at it first before she takes it, gives it a quick scan, and slides it into her bag for safe keeping. "If it's all the same to you, while I'm here and got my collection kit I might as well collect some samples, see if I can find out what cooked his goose."

Before she can make a mortuary joke, the detective freaks out, and Nash takes his stance. Not willing to argue with the armed guy defending her, she crouches down on the ground and pulls the HERMES device out of her purse and tries to text Tami, "No dice. Can't get a text out to Ms. Bitch out in the car." she then remains silent for a second, "you all need to get me a gun next time."

Yeah, just going to back into a corner or something.

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 10, 2014

Synoria Dyne
Nov 1, 2010

Tami Lea Kayla

After prodding the Saurian with a toe, Tami sets to work restraining him and stowing the would-be assailant like so much cargo in a free space in the van. She slides back into her seat and begins working on cracking that communications blockade.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Apartment Showdown

With the momentary distraction given by the witness stumbling upon the fight, Gates tries to throw his weight up against his attacker to throw him off, but finds the wind driven out of him when he finds resistance akin to lifting a Buick with a push up. His assailant stands on his own, apparently not even noticing the Ranger's struggle, and starts towards the woman. Agent Harrison rounds the corner in time, taking a knee and aiming for the same; in spite of the thick dust in the air obscuring his view, the single bullet rips right through the back of the assailant's knee and causes him to stumble, roaring out in an animistic manner in pain and frustration as he turns towards the secret service agent. Through the dust, Harrison sees two glowing pinpoints of yellow light where the man's eyes should be, narrowing to slits. The woman shrieks once more, turning to flee back into her kitchen, and the man with the glowing eyes turns towards her, seemingly torn between the woman and his attacker.

Out in the hall, Dash presses his gun into the hawaiian shirt's chest, dragging him into the safety of the room he was in. He feels the man grab at his gun and wrist, but he snatches the weapon away before the man can grab it; he is obviously growing weaker and weaker as he loses blood, and the man just groans as he's lain against the wall.

Gates takes the opportunity to roll over, grabbing his rifle and aiming at the indecisive attacker. Each bullet strikes home with a spray of blood, causing the man to stagger back and nearly collapse when he puts weight on his wounded knee. The dust settles immediately with the man's wounding and both Gates and Harrison see the man for what he is: a hulking being covered in bizarre, almost shifting tattoos that are made to look bloody. The man wavers on his feet for a moment, groaning low in his throat before falling forward with a thud, exhaling slowly as the life leaves his body. In the blink of an eye, the man seems much smaller dead than he was alive, and the tattoos no longer seem to shift.

Standing to his feet, Harrison is taken by how silent the world is now, until behind him a bit of rubble falls to the floor from the hole the man made.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638161/ Gates rolls 13
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638164/ Black gets a 10 and rolls again
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638166/ Black gets a 23
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638178/ Harrison hits with his shot to the knee
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638179/ Harrison deals 16 damage; 12 HP is one quarter of the target's maximum HP, so only 12 damage is inflicted, and the knee is crippled
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638181/ 50/50 chance bullet hits Gates as well, it does not
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638202/ not gonna roll how bad of a failure this actually was for the grab
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638211/ Gates lands all three shots, and gains +1 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638223/
8x4 - 32
4x4 - 20
6x4 - 24

NYPD

Nash peers out in the hallway cautiously, but only sees the normal work of desk jockeys filling out reports and forms. Going to the window, he twitches the blinds aside and looks outside, seeing Tami lugging the limp body of a man with a bloodied face with his hands bound behind his back into the NSA van. Tami notices him and gives him a curt little salute. Beyond that, he sees nothing really out of the ordinary. Jenni takes cover, but Harrigan just gives the two of them an odd look.

"Look, there's Black Book in the building, but we don't know where. We don't know if they know who we are, or where they are; we don't even know what kind of technology they're using. There's no use panicking. They might be going for the body, they might be coming for me, who knows." He shrugs, taking the drink offered, wincing after he drinks it. He gives Jenni a horrified look. "Jesus CHRIST, is this kerosene? How do you drink this poo poo and live, lady?"

Outside, Tami shuts the van door and gets back in her seat, gingerly stepping over the captured and unconscious saurian. She dons her headset once more and glancing back up at the window she saw the man with the jammer, noting that it was only two windows away from where Nash was. She checks her cellphone signal tracing and, after a moment, finds the direct link to Jenni's phone, only because she had made an attempt to text her moments before. She establishes a direct connection with the phone, sending a short message to the scientist.

"Com jam. Your floor, two rooms over, my left. MiB in van."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jennifer Stetson

Jennifer shrugs at the police man, "that's for emergencies mostly, like when I need to disinfect a wound, or take my mind off this awful poo poo going on. Some of the poo poo I've seen on CDC missions in the third world would make you have even cheap alcohol on you at all times. Plus putting wine in a flask is kind of frowned upon." she quickly pulls the HERMES out and reads the text, then shows the phone to Nash and then the detective. "Well who the hell is two offices down? I'd be willing to bet that's your Black Book. Tell us everything so Marshal McStudly over here knows what he's getting into when he kicks that door in."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
After reaching for his M4 and then blasting this freak, Jack dusts himself off and then stands up. He will put another burst into the guy to make sure this paranormal shitter stays down. "Mrs. Sheppard are you ok? US Secret Service, please come with us, quickly."

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Martin Dash

As the rattle of the automatic gunfire ceased, Dash held his breath a moment waiting for something else to happen before exhaling.

With what sounded like the immediate threat taken care of, he flicked the safety of his pistol on and tucked it into the back of his belt once more. Grabbing the medic kit and rifling through it for bandages and gauze to stem the flow of blood from the wounded man.

Ripping open the packaging with his teeth, he slapped it against the man's sucking chest wound and applied pressure in an attempt to stem the blood flow. First Aid had never been one of the things that came up much for Dash in Iraq - anything powerful enough to penetrate the hull armour of a vehicle usually never left big enough pieces by the time someone got to them.

"Medic! We need to stabilise this guy!" he yelled to the air, hoping at least one of the others knew what the hell to do.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
"Nah, just let him bleed out. Save the bandages."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Nash

"I'd rather not get into a shootout inside a police building," Nash says, giving Jennifer an admonishing look. "We need to get a look at that body first of all. Detective, do you think you could run interference on whoever's down the hall?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Harrison

"Crap", Harrison says, as he comes over to where Dash is trying to tend to the person bleeding out on the floor. Kneeling down next to them, he starts rummaging through the medical bag for supplies. "I'm going to need you to keep pressure on that wound until I can apply the bandages, please", he tells Dash. Then, he gets to work. He has a life to save.

Performing First Aid. Modifier +6 (+3 Int, +1 First Aid, +2 Doctor's bag)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Apartment

Agent Harrison works quickly, and with Dash's assistance, stops the man's bleeding, but does not prevent him from slipping into unconsciousness. The man's pulse is, mercifully, still fairly strong, and Harrison believes he'll make it even after succumbing to shock. Dash, meanwhile, gets blood all over his good clothes.

Sergeant Gate's petty burst makes the body shudder from the force of impact, but little more. Following Mrs. Shepard into the kitchen, the Army Ranger ducks just in time to avoid catching a frying pan upside the head. It takes a moment to calm her down, staying at more than arm's length away to avoid a bashing, before the woman finally comes to her senses and immediately starts bawling. She slumps to the floor, her face buried in her hands as she tries to tell the soldier how scared she was through her hysteria. Clearly, she won't be of much use here.

Apartment team is basically done. Unless you spend a good amount of time here, the lady won't be able to tell you much; she is a little too freaked out by two men plowing through her wall and watching a massive guy run towards her and get gunned down brutally.

You guys only have room for two passengers; one can ride in back and one in the trunk. So you can take any combination of the three with you back to the mansion: Shepherd, Miami Vice, or Weirdo.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Martin Dash

A sigh of relief escapes Dash's lips as their captive finally seems to be stabilised. He wipes the back of his hand across his forehead to clear some of the sweat that had been running into his eyes, smearing a red streak across his face.

"Let's get the gently caress outta here wit' tha pair of 'em before the boys in blue show up," he says, moving to their patient's feet and taking grasp. "We'll throw this one in the trunk and get him back to the compound. Then I'll get changed and torch the car somewhere."

Nodding to Harrison as he hooked his hands under the man's arms, he counted down from 3 and hoisted him up and began walking to the vehicle - Gates could catch up with them with the woman in tow. Time was of the essence now.

Feel free to suggest something else when we start moving - someone (or me) might want to take their vehicle for further inspection.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
Jack escorts Sheppard out while Dash gets the perp in the hawaiian shirt. Once sheppard and miami vice are in the car, gates hands harrison his assault rifle and slips a suppresor onto his pistol for a little mopup wetwork, dealing with the weirdos who posed as cops. "Meet me around the corner, I'll be right back" Jackie Jack says before he goes to wrap up the business.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Harrison

"Sure, hold on", Harrison says to Dash. Then, pulling out his cell phone, takes pictures of the face and the tattoos on the man they killed, hoping that they might give them some identification as to who he was and what he was doing there. Then he helps carry the wounded man down to the car. When they're down there, he takes Gates's assault rifle at the other man's request, and gets in the car.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Apartment

Dash and Harrison load the injured man into the trunk of the car before Gates leads Mrs. Shephard out, making sure the woman doesn't see anything else to further trouble or panic her. She climbs into the back seat and sits behind Dash, while Harrison takes the rifle from Gates. The sergeant heads towards the alley while his comrades get the car warmed up, and after a moment Gates finds one of the two rent-a-cops, still hunched down and babbling to himself.

The ranger lowers the pistol to the back of the man's head and, without flinching, pulls the trigger, putting an end to the man's life. As he turns to look for the other man, the wall of the second floor explodes outwards, punctuated by an inhuman howl. Jackie shields himself from the falling debris with his arm, and through the cloud of smoke and dust, he locks eyes with something with yellow, gleaming eyes. The creature roars, pouncing from the second floor straight down at the ranger.

Gates, seeing the massive hands reaching for his head, is able to move back just enough that the creature instead strikes his chest, driving him to the ground and driving the air out of his lungs. He feels his ribs crunch and black flowers blossom in his vision, but he remains conscious, staring up into a horrifying wolf-like face. The creature's lips curl back in a snarl, and it speaks in a slow, guttural voice. "NO. WITNESS. ESSS." Jackie feels an instinctual fear burst inside his head but does not feel the worst of it; whether this is through shock or actual courage, he doesn't know. He feels a shake come to his hands but little more.

Out on the street, Mrs. Shephard screams in terror and ducks her head down, covering it with both hands. Harrison watches as something else entirely easily trashes the outer wall of a New York apartment building and knocks Gates to the ground with ease. Dash has seen this as well, from his position in the driver's seat.

Something else has come tearing rear end out of the complex, and since Gates was still hanging out around the building trying to kill civilians, he's the first one hit by it. He is at 4 life points now; he has no penalties for his injuries yet, but he is at -2 from failing a fear roll. The rolls between Jackie and the creature were actually amazingly good; it's only through his excellent dodge that Gates wasn't killed in one hit.

Dash and Harrison are both across the street, and Gates is about 10 feet into the alley. The creature is fairly large, about eight feet tall it looks like, but it's currently crouched on Jackie's chest. Only Jackie has heard what it said. The creature thinks Jackie is incapacitated, so Jackie has initiative; Harrison and Dash will act next, and then the creature will act last.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643227/ Stalker Attack, perfect roll: 24. Not gonna roll for rule of 10 since that is impossible to dodge.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643230/ Jackie Dodge at -5, perfect roll: 14. Looks like I was wrong; time to roll for rule of 10!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643238/ Jackie Dodge, another 10, so +5 to his roll, making it 19.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643239/ Jackie Dodge, another 3 added, for 22.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643241/ Stalker Attack, adds +3, for 27. Beats Jackie by an entire success level, so Jackie is hit.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643243/ Stalker Damage, 8 x 6, 48 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643246/ Jackie's kevlar soaks 18 of the damage, dealing 30 directly to Jackie
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4643251/ Jackie rolls a fear test at -3, and just narrowly fails; he loses 1 essence point and is at -2 for his rolls in the next turn.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
Jack moves his pistol arm slowly, in an effort to not draw the creatures eye with sudden movements before he could make it count. Once his arm is about halfway off the ground he snaps it up and shoves the suppressor into the beasts chests and pulls the trigger as fast as he can.

mag dump into him before I die! as many additional attacks as you will let me get away with.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 14, 2014

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Martin Dash

"poo poo, that's an Infused, we gotta peel out! Buckle her up!" Dash yells at Harrison as the cloud of brick dust obscures Gates' and the creature's struggle.

He starts the Lincoln, gunning the engine and tearing out of the parking bay in one fluid movement, glad he'd parked for a quick escape.

"Keep it off us while I sail this landbarge!"

Drive like the wind!

crowtribe fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 15, 2014

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Harrison

Agent Harrison stays in the car, and, seeing their witness begin to panic, tries to reassure her. "Ma'am, don't worry. We won't let anything happen to you. You have my word on that. We're from the government. We're going to keep you safe."

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 15, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Apartment

Gates places the pistol directly under the creature's jaw and fires twice, both rounds ripping straight through its throat and spraying blood all over his face. He flinches at the hot blood and turns his head as he hears his allies peeling out. He looks back, watching the blood drip through the massive claws on the creature looming above him, fury in its eyes. It brings one of its hands up and roars in Jackie's face, flecking foam onto his bloodied face, and the army ranger closes his eyes against the inevitable, never to open them again.

Dash guns the engine, hitting the street with a screech. He and Harrison don't see their comrade's fate but they know they can guess it. The woman has devolved into sobbing fits, going completely quiet and withdrawn otherwise. Harrison looks behind them, seeing the creature lope out of the alleyway, covered in blood, and howl towards the sky. He meets eyes with the monster, and it turns, shrinking back into the alleyway.

Either agent checking their phones find that they have no means to contact any of the other cell members at the moment. For now, they're on their own, with a wounded man tied up in the trunk of their car and a witness who is going to need some psychiatric help.

Jackie plugs the beast twice but not enough damage to incapacitate it again. It then proceeds to deal 120 damage by targeting his throat.

Needless to say, Sergeant Gates is now deceased. I'll be opening recruit to replace him; in the mean time, I need to wrap up the NYPD side, and then you guys will get a little bit of downtime when NYPD team gets back to do research and get your new guy involved.

Synoria Dyne
Nov 1, 2010

Tami Lea Kayla

Reluctant to leave the MiB unattended in the van, no matter how incapacitated he is, Tami rolls her neck and begins working on a TEMPEST attack for the person who had the gall to think his blocking was better than her NSA skills.

Launching a TEMPEST attack against the entire building until I find the guy in question.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jack "Jackie Jack" Gates
It was a perfect doubletap. 2 to the head and ugly was still alive. He heard the tires squeal and knew this was the end. At that moment all tension left him and he laid back and stared the creature right in its eyes, thinking about the music video to the song Thriller and a dumb skit him and his squadmates did on some offday in the barracks. Unable to roll away from the beasts slash at his throat, Jack finds himself choking on his windpipe and drowning in his own blood. The track in his head skips over to billie jean and Jack expires to a "he he" from the king of pop.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
NYPD

Harrigan furrows his brow at this news, turning back to his computer for a moment. "No clue. That office is supposed to be vacant. Was a detective's office but the guy moved out to California with his family. Yeah, I don't see any records of someone having that office." He turns back to the others and scratches his chin.

"I can get you guys down to the morgue, easy, but I dunno what to make of the jamming. If you wanna check it out, I can go with you and give you a sort of cover on why you're checking the office out, but if you wanna let sleeping dogs lie, by all means." He fishes a passcard out of his desk and slides it across to Jennifer. "That'll get you clearance into the morgues. Us dicks save 'em for outside investigators like yourselves, so there'll be few questions asked."

Outside, Tami launches the TEMPEST software on the terminal and gets to work, watching the console light up with different miniature screens of the various computers in the NYPD. The software, assisted by Tami's skills, begins to scroll through every single electronic device with an operating system or means of communicating with something with an operating system in the building. iPhone screens, PC desktop screens, cops watching cat videos on company time, all flicker to life on the console screens before her. Tami spreads the software out across the three different screens to speed up her search, keeping her eyes peeled for anything that might be causing a jam.

Tami will take ~33 minutes to find out who is jamming them and put a stop to it. In the mean time, Jenni and Nash can head down to the morgue if they like.

e: woops forgot the numbers

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4644537/ 17, get to roll again
5 x 15 = 75 minutes to find the computer!! But a roll of 17 halves the time to 33 minutes; further success levels will continue to reduce this, so let's roll the rule of 10.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4644541/ Only boosts it to an 18, so it will take the full 33 minutes

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 15, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jennifer Stetson

Jennifer takes the key from the desk with a wink at the police officer, "He, you said dick," is all she can muster as the scotch and rubbing alcohol start to combine with a lite breakfast to start to get her buzzing. She looks at Nash, "Up to you buddy. We want to check out the office I'll come along; I just don't want to go to the morgue by myself, so either we're skipping the office, or heading down first and after I'm done I'll wait in the car like a little kid while you come back up here."

Synoria Dyne
Nov 1, 2010

Tami Lea Kayla

Tami glances over her shoulder at the MiB briefly as she keeps scanning.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Nash

"Let's go straight to the stiff," Nash replies, "before Black Book get their hands on it, hopefully. Detective, thanks." He shakes Harrigan's hand before heading to the morgue.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
NYPD

Harrigan nods, shaking Nash's hand with a grin. "Unless they got someone else with a pass, I doubt it. But I'll be here if you need me. Hang on." He reaches into his desk and hands Nash his card. "Gimme a holler if you need anything, I'll see what I can do. Don't expect miracles, though." With that, Harrigan goes back to work, letting the two see themselves out with the file he'd given them.

Stepping out into the hall, Nash glances down towards the door Tami had indicated; it's currently shut, with the blinds drawn, but nothing else seems to be out of place. He and Jennifer make their way back to the elevator and press the button, watching the lights above it as the elevator comes from the bottom floor. Behind them, Nash hears the click of a door opening and glances back, watching a man in a black suit step out of the closed office. The man stops, staring flatly at him from behind sunglasses, his face showing no emotion, before he adjusts his tie and walks over, giving a forced smile at the both of them before reaching to hit the down button. He pauses when he sees its lit and glances up at the floor indicator, nodding slightly.

The seconds stretch out, the man in black glancing around fairly calmly as he waits for the elevator. After a few quiet moments he forces a chuckle, looking at Nash. His voice is unremarkable save for its flatness. "Slow elevator. Must be busy downstairs." He forces a grin, before going back to looking bored. Jenni notices the man glancing at the folder tucked under her arm, but doesn't move it; the way it holds against her body hides the labels on it.

After what seems like hours, the doors slide open and the man steps into the back of the elevator, his hands at his sides. Jenni and Nash follow him in, and the man digs a phone out of his pocket, glancing at it. "Ground floor, please." He doesn't even pay attention to the two agents now, his brow furrowing behind his glasses as he looks at his phone. Nash presses the button for the ground floor, and the doors slide closed.

Behind him, the man in black puts the phone to his ear, and the marshall can hear the faint sound of a ring tone from the man's phone. After a minute of ringing, the faint voice of an operator speaks. "The number you are trying to reach has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet."

Shutting the phone with a grunt of frustration, the man behind them now begins to act more agitated. The ride down is tense and quiet, and when the doors slide open, the man shoves by the pair without a word, making a beeline for the front door. Jennifer and Nash both feel their phones buzz as they finally receive the messages Tami sent them earlier.

Outside, Tami glances over from her work when she hears the buzzing of a phone coming from her captive's jacket.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 17, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Nash

Putting a hand on Jennifer's shoulder, Nash says, "I need a smoke, I'll see you in a few." Stepping out of the elevator, he makes his way to the front door, pulling his cigarette packet from a pocket. He exits the building and lights a cigarette, watching the man in black from the corner of his eyes.

Perception 3 + Surveillance 3

Edit: does this guy have a gun holster?

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jennifer Stetson

Jennifer just stands in the elevator as Nash rushes out. "loving rear end in a top hat could have asked if i needed one, stupid no allowing smoking in buildings, things were better in the past." she mumbles to herself as she presses the button to keep going down to the morgue. Why do they always stick them in the freeking basement?

Continuing to go down, since splitting the group always works wonderfully in horror movies.

• Locked thread