Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Daniel can also double-kill at his current location on a 4+ (if I'm reading the skill right), but he does roll for exposure once. If he'd be better off somewhere other than the colony next turn, just let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think we want to empty the Colony as much as possible.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Updated previous post to reflect dead school zombie.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Keep, Play Card, Search Again with 4 Die

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
GTR plays a card

1 Outsider Grocery Store Outsiders Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony.

GTR gains control of:

Ashley Ross Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.

Edward searches again. Card sent.
Keep or make noise?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Ashley to Gas Station
Ashley Barricade Gas Station (for free)
Edward Makes some Noise!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ashley moves to Gas Station. Ashley is unaffected by exposure
Ashley creates a free barricade at Gas Station
Edward makes some noise. New card sent

Make more noise or keep one of the cards?

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
A noisy noise annoys an oyster.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
keep card
Play Food 2 card
Edward search again with last die

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

GTR plays Food 2 (Grocery Store). 2 food is added to the supply

Edward searches again - keep or make more noise?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Also I'm off to sleep, and I don't think GTR's last search is likely to affect the game state, so Fat Turkey feel free to preload your turn and I'll update in the morning if you want to.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Keep Card

Can't afford to make more noise. Not as much food as I hoped, but I'll have an extra action die next round to use. I intend to basically camp Edward here and try for as much food as I can each round.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Right-o

David searches the school
David builds a barricade
David builds a second barricade
(David really likes school it seems, the breeding ground of a lifelong love of spreadsheets that took him where he is today...well not today...where he was before the zombies took over and rendered his VBA knowledge redundant)

Whether I search again depends on what I find. I think we can risk a noise, but then again I don't think we need to risk too many zombies when we have such good searchers here already.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Ashley was told she could join our Colony on the strict instruction that she must never enter the Colony, she must go somewhere else and build walls every turn to make up for the additional zombies her existence had created. In return, she must search that place every time she was able to, and give any food she found to the Colony.

What a deal.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Fat Turkey posted:

Ashley was told she could join our Colony on the strict instruction that she must never enter the Colony, she must go somewhere else and build walls every turn to make up for the additional zombies her existence had created. In return, she must search that place every time she was able to, and give any food she found to the Colony.

What a deal.

She's on a super secret mission for TEAM SCIENCE.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

David searches at the school. Card sent.
Becoming increasingly responsible for the deforestation of the surrounding area, David builds two barricades at the school.

Keep card or make noise?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

David keeps one card

Morale: 7
Rounds: 4
Food: 2
Waste Pile: 4
Crisis Cards: 5

Players

Servoret

Bev Russell - Mother 34 2 4 Colony: Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony as long as there is at least 1 helpless survivor token at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 1
Dice: 3 5 1

WhiteHowler

Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand. Wound x1
Cards: 5
Dice: 5 6 6

Some Numbers

Thomas Heart - Soldier 64 1 3 Colony: (5+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Equipped: Night Vision Goggles At the beginning of each round roll 1 additional action die.
Carla Thompson - Police Dispatcher 22 4 2 Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Cards: 3
Dice: 5 5 6

Gravy Train Robber

Olivia Brown - Doctor 56 4 3 Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.
Edward White - Chemist 44 4 3 Colony: Once per round, when performing an attack with Edward, you may play a medicine card to kill 3 zombies instead of just 1. Do not roll for exposure. Do not use the ability on the medicine card.
Cards: 2
Dice: 6 3 4

Fat Turkey

David Garcia - Accountant 50 4 3 Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 4
Dice: 2 2 4

End of round!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

The colony tries to eat, but cannot. No food removed, 1 Starvation token added, Morale decreases by 1
Waste is checked. No problem (4)
Crisis is resolved. The following cards are revealed

Food 1 Starter
Food 1 Starter
Food 1 Police Station
Food 1 Starter
Food 1 Starter

Crisis averted!

Zombies are added to the colony. 6 zombies are attracted to the colony.
Zombies are added to locations.
Police Station: 1
Grocery Store: 2
School: 1, 1 barricade destroyed
Hospital: 1
Gas Station: 1
No zombies added from noise.

Round decreases. First player passes to Fat Turkey

Morale: 6
Rounds: 3
Food: 2
Starvation: 1
Waste Pile: 4
Crisis Cards: 0

Players

Fat Turkey

David Garcia - Accountant 50 4 3 Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card.
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 1 1 5

Servoret

Bev Russell - Mother 34 2 4 Colony: Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony as long as there is at least 1 helpless survivor token at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 4 3 6

WhiteHowler

Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand. Wound x1
Dice: 6 2 5

Some Numbers

Thomas Heart - Soldier 64 1 3 Colony: (5+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at the colony. Do not roll for exposure.
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Equipped: Night Vision Goggles At the beginning of each round roll 1 additional action die.
Carla Thompson - Police Dispatcher 22 4 2 Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Dice: 4 1 5 4

Gravy Train Robber

Olivia Brown - Doctor 56 4 3 Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself.
Edward White - Chemist 44 4 3 Colony: Once per round, when performing an attack with Edward, you may play a medicine card to kill 3 zombies instead of just 1. Do not roll for exposure. Do not use the ability on the medicine card.
Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Dice: 2 6 5 3

Kerro fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 28, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Night Vision Goggles. I roll a 4th die.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

quote:

The raiders are gone. We gave them the last of our food. Well, not quite the last, but we didn't have enough left for everyone to eat so the group decision was that no-one would eat. I guess it's fair, but is it wise? Some of us are going to have to go out there again tomorrow and try and find more food for the colony. Shouldn't the strongest among us get to eat, so that we can help the rest? I don't know how much longer I can take this. I'm feeling weaker by the day, and I can feel a sickness taking hold of me.

The dead were quieter this morning, the air feels tense and still. Inside, we're beginning to look more like them. They gaze in, we gaze out. The same blank stares, hung shoulders, slack faces.

The first hailstones fell just after lunch, rising quickly from a patter to a deafening roar as the skies tore open above us. It's tearing through what remains of our defences - apparently the weather can't stand the waiting any longer. I'm going out to see what I can do. God help me.

New crisis!

Action queue: Fat Turkey's turn

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Rod moves to the Police Station
Rod searches the Police Station
Rod wants better bloody dice

I editted out my barricades because I thought I'd see what I get before I decide what to barricade.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Rod moves to the Police Station, ignoring exposure
Rod searches, card sent

Keep or make noise?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can I get a hand update?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sent!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Also we need to prepare for the consequences of failing that crisis losing all the barricades would be very nasty and could get people killed.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Would the barricades fall before or after the zombies for this round are placed?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can do more than my share of the Crisis. That's exactly why I wanted an update of my hand.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Good point. I don't think I've seen one being used. How many were in the starting hands?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I can't help on this, but I will be using all my resources for food digging this turn. I will also try moving Olivia on my turn if we can get the Colony population down further.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

The crisis will resolve before zombie placement - you can see the sequence of steps from the previous end of round posts.

Rod keeps the card he found

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Ok I replied. But double check your PMs, I sent my orders, then changed it I'm a second one after.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Turkey plays Food 2 School. 2 food added to supply
Fat Turkey plays 1 card into the crisis
Rod builds two barricades at the Police Station

Morale: 6
Rounds: 3
Food: 4
Starvation: 1
Waste Pile: 5
Crisis Cards: 1

Players

Servoret

Dice: 4 3 6

WhiteHowler

Dice: 6 2 5

Some Numbers

Dice: 4 1 5 4

Gravy Train Robber

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Dice: 2 6 5 3

Fat Turkey

Cards: 4
Dice: 1 1 5

Action queue: Servoret's turn

Kerro fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 28, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can you update how much food we have?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Bev (3) uses her once per round to kill the zombie on entrance 1 and one of the zombies on entrance 6.
Mike (4) searches the grocery store.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Bev is just gearing up to slaughter more zombies when...

quote:

Crossroads Card: Outbreak

At first Jerry just had a light fever, but the next day his neck was swollen and had a strange purple tint to it. Now three days have passed and you've never seen anything like it. The yellow buboes that have formed under Jerry's jaw are leaking pus, and the odor that surrounds him is harsh and bitter. This can't end well.

Option 1

Kick Jerry out! Remove a helpless survivor token from the colony. Lose 1 morale.

Option 2

The sickness spreads through the colony. Each survivor at the colony receives 1 wound. If Olivia Brown or Janet Taylor are not in play, roll a die for each helpless survivor at the colony. On a result of 1, kill that helpless survivor

All players must vote Option 1 or Option 2

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

We have Olivia Brown, and she can heal people at the colony for free on GTR's turn. I guess this is a no-brainer. If we could kill off two helpless survivors for one morale, it might be a different story.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Servoret posted:

We have Olivia Brown, and she can heal people at the colony for free on GTR's turn. I guess this is a no-brainer. If we could kill off two helpless survivors for one morale, it might be a different story.

Yeah, I can heal people for free once per turn. I hope you don't find it selfish I'm going to heal the Doctor first though! I'll get my turns back to back, and will target another with my second heal.

So yeah, no brainer here.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If we kick Jerry out and move someone else out, that reduces the amount of food we need.

However, a handful of wounds is a thing we can deal with.

I'm willing to go with either option.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Some Numbers posted:

If we kick Jerry out and move someone else out, that reduces the amount of food we need.

However, a handful of wounds is a thing we can deal with.

I'm willing to go with either option.

If it was more than 1 for 1 I'd agree with you, but I think we need to take the option that costs us nothing other than a few lines of bold text in one of my posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Option #1:
Kill one helpless survivor, we drop one morale

Option #2:
Four people take wounds.

Option 2 seems better.

The doctor in time will only be able to heal 3/4, if she's in the same space as them. And we may need a Colony evacuation anyway.

Also, I have slept on it and I think we may need to overstack the Crisis deck to ensure it passes. I admit I may have made an error myself, as I put a Junk into the crisis, but I hold a toolkit that can build two barricades for no actions and thought that would be useful in the future. Now I'm not sure it would be worth as much as ensuring this crisis is passed, or maybe even over supplied to get the bonus. Depends on how many cards people are going to contribute. Can we have a count up?

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 28, 2014

• Locked thread