Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Trollhawke posted:

What are you guys working on?

Anything 5e?

My Early Modern North European fantasy thing, Swords of the Eastsea. It's got a talking severed head which might have been the head of Jesus, post-Tolkien, an Elf PMC, Lemmy, some historical people, Norse vikings who drown each other in ritual combat and cats.

It's even lurching toward completion and Gnome's gonna publish it whenever it's done. Which is this fall. Finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Trollhawke posted:

So currently I'm working on a 5e setting where Skeletons overrun everything, a summoner class and a source book for Dungeon World based on materialism (like precious gem golems, a town made up of support beams and carpets, a class based on having loads of money, etc etc).

Anything 5e?

I just found Planetes and now I'm writing up some material for a game set on and above Earth, Luna and the cold space in between inspired by that, Full Moon and The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. Its the a couple decades into the Second Space Age with permanent habitation on the moon, in orbitals and a few brave souls out on the Belt or Mars. Earth's hungry for resources, Luna's hungry for a little less oversight, etc. Probably something I'd like to try in PbP using FAE, or Fate if I'm feeling sassy and want to write up some skills.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Here's what I'm working on tonight:

Looking for three more for fantasy football!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Esser-Z posted:

I've been working on a D&D-4e-as-mecha game I'm going to be running soon. Just need to wrap up my setting document so I can post a recruit thread.

Entirely unrelated, this bird is awesome:

Reminds me of this.

Also should be working on an post for my space fantasy mecha game, but real life keeps happening to me. :(

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

I got the schedule for the Gamer's Club at my college planned and submitted for approval before all other clubs, does that count?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I have like three or four different ideas bouncing around in my head that I'm not working on because I'm afraid they'll be terrible.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Right now I'm alternately working on a 13th Age scenario based on Thrice-Great Sahua Beneath The Waves and trying to get my group on the same page re: the pronunciation of "sahuagin"; the latter is taking a lot more work.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Working up the enthusiasm for D&D 5e's adventurer's league.

Just doing it so I can poach players for better games tbh.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solomonic posted:

Right now I'm alternately working on a 13th Age scenario based on Thrice-Great Sahua Beneath The Waves and trying to get my group on the same page re: the pronunciation of "sahuagin"; the latter is taking a lot more work.

how do you pronounce sahuagin?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
SAH-hwah-geen

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I pronounce it "saw-hoggin'"

I've been working on an adventure for 13th Age, which I just got done doing running the intro and first encounter of. You can take a look at the wip version here.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It rhymes with "toboggan."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Saw. Hoo-ah! Gun.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand Brittain posted:

It rhymes with "toboggan."

this makes sense

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Trollhawke posted:

So currently I'm working on a 5e setting where Skeletons overrun everything, a summoner class and a source book for Dungeon World based on materialism (like precious gem golems, a town made up of support beams and carpets, a class based on having loads of money, etc etc).

Anything 5e?

My "Cave on the Borderlands" campaign petered out due to two of the players having kids at around the same time, so I'm working on putting together a 4e X-Crawl campaign. The problem is I can't seem to come up with a good overarching plot/framing device. I want there to be some kind of ongoing... something happening in between the dungeon crawl, and I keep being dissatisfied with everything I come up with.

If I can't figure out something, eventually I think I'll can it for now and maybe try to run something unrelated with one of the various Gumshoe-engine games.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

fatherdog posted:

My "Cave on the Borderlands" campaign petered out due to two of the players having kids at around the same time, so I'm working on putting together a 4e X-Crawl campaign. The problem is I can't seem to come up with a good overarching plot/framing device. I want there to be some kind of ongoing... something happening in between the dungeon crawl, and I keep being dissatisfied with everything I come up with.

If I can't figure out something, eventually I think I'll can it for now and maybe try to run something unrelated with one of the various Gumshoe-engine games.

Evil Corporation uses experimental sports drink, it turns men into monsters and now the corp trying to eliminate the evidence tying them to it. Or, the party needs to raise money to save the orphanage where they all grew up from being turned into a dismal factory where the orphanage's children will be forced into slave labor.

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

fatherdog posted:

In addition to volunteer professionals like (some of?)the PCs, more and more people are being forced to compete due to increasingly draconian laws- people who might otherwise resist the regime. Rumors persist of new 'megadungeons' which could hold contestants for years. Rumor also has it that the famed but reclusive xcrawl recruiter 'Toro G' is actually some kind of fallen elder god who is drawing power from the crawls to fuel his re-ascendance.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

PublicOpinion posted:

Evil Corporation uses experimental sports drink, it turns men into monsters and now the corp trying to eliminate the evidence tying them to it. Or, the party needs to raise money to save the orphanage where they all grew up from being turned into a dismal factory where the orphanage's children will be forced into slave labor.

Well, I mean, the endgame is always gonna be "Dystopian government conspiracy" so I can turn it into The Running Man, but that (and likewise the Evil Corporation idea) is something you want to gradually build to. I need some kind of good interstitial for the early part of the campaign. The orphanage idea might have some legs, but one of the reasons I want to do an X-Crawl campaign is to let people go buck-rear end wild with whatever ridiculous overpowered optimization they want, and I don't want them to have to choose between sending money back to the orphanage or buying their next ridiculous magic item.

(Also I'm 99% certain that one of my players is going to use an X-Crawl campaign as an opportunity to play Kenny Powers as a Sorcerer which would probably not mesh well with altruistic motives.)

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Trollhawke posted:

Anything 5e?

Working on a Life path system similar to Traveler for Castles and Crusades games I run. The challenge has been keeping it player friendly with minimal penalties (although I have made a version that has equal number of both since one of my groups is into the whole 'characters getting wrecked during character creation' thing).

Otherwise preparing a Dungeon Crawl Classics 'campaign' which takes place in a section of land waaayyy to the north in a setting I made. Map The players start with 4 level-0 characters each, and have been pushed into militia service by the local Baron promising coin to anyone who can who can figure out what the hell is happening to his caravans going south. This starts off a huge chain of events shoving the players into higher levels, through deeds of heroics and bravery, and eventually ending in some climactic fight at level 10 I have yet to plan.

A friend is preparing to run the Hoard of the Dragon Queen campaign line for 5E which starts up in September, I am pretty excited for it. :) I regret not getting the book at Gencon though :(

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Cassa posted:

Working up the enthusiasm for D&D 5e's adventurer's league.

Just doing it so I can poach players for better games tbh.

That's the best use of organized play games honestly. Scout out the good player or two and snipe em for your own group.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ThreeStep posted:

I just found Planetes and now I'm writing up some material for a game set on and above Earth, Luna and the cold space in between inspired by that, Full Moon and The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. Its the a couple decades into the Second Space Age with permanent habitation on the moon, in orbitals and a few brave souls out on the Belt or Mars. Earth's hungry for resources, Luna's hungry for a little less oversight, etc. Probably something I'd like to try in PbP using FAE, or Fate if I'm feeling sassy and want to write up some skills.

Don't forget The Rolling Stones ! And you'll probably want some of Allan Steele's orbital books as well, not the Coyote stuff. Coyote is quality frontier fiction, but his orbital books are what you want for this project.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

fatherdog posted:

Well, I mean, the endgame is always gonna be "Dystopian government conspiracy" so I can turn it into The Running Man, but that (and likewise the Evil Corporation idea) is something you want to gradually build to. I need some kind of good interstitial for the early part of the campaign. The orphanage idea might have some legs, but one of the reasons I want to do an X-Crawl campaign is to let people go buck-rear end wild with whatever ridiculous overpowered optimization they want, and I don't want them to have to choose between sending money back to the orphanage or buying their next ridiculous magic item.

(Also I'm 99% certain that one of my players is going to use an X-Crawl campaign as an opportunity to play Kenny Powers as a Sorcerer which would probably not mesh well with altruistic motives.)
Maybe you can introduce a shady rival team or otherwise play up the bad side of professional sports.
The other team could try to sabotage one of their runs and now the group wants to get revenge but there's more going on - fantasy drugs and other cheating are an excuse to introduce unique effects and items , other teams that were screwed over by the bad guys if you want to add investigation etc.
And behind them you have the evil corporation/government, which is now conveniently embodied by what was originally just a rival sports team.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Trollhawke posted:

Were you inspired by that hilarious CK2 image where SKELETONS have overrun most of Europe? I would post it but it has completely disappeared from the net.

quote:

Despite owning it for like a year I reread AW recently and it clicked with me for the first time and oh god send help I am buried in playbooks and hacks.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm currently working on starting up a 5e Eberron campaign despite not having any hard rules for any of the things that make Eberron interesting. Idk how that's going to work out in practice.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

Solomonic posted:

SAH-hwah-geen

It's this, but with relatively even emphasis. It comes from the name of the translator of a Mormon pamphlet Zeb Cook or somebody found in their hotel room in Brazil.

\/\/\/ I'm working on screaming at and insulting people for not being inclusive enough and poorly representing our hobby.

MartianAgitator fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 20, 2014

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
working on shitposting

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Workin' on finishing up my terrain table, as well as playing around with some skirmish game rules that I've wanted to make. Goal is to emulate kung-fu action films and cheesy shonen in small gang skirmishes. Resolution mechanic uses Mah-jong tiles for RNG, along with a parry system based on matching tiles into valid combos. Debating on generic, "Design your heroes" stuff or pre-made selections, but I'm a poor sculptor, so leaning towards the former.

Playtesting takes a stupid amount of time in design, especially in regard to tweaking movement mechanics and trying to capture the appropriate feel of the genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I did not actually say you guys can start a new chat thread, geez!

I was going to re-open that one once I got back and there's some cool charity stuff in there, so I may as well.

• Locked thread