Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Strain is a pretty good show. It's like they made a show about what would have been the interesting part of the walking dead. It starts off slow but it's building up to something it cool it seems like. I'll probably eating my words though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cool man i'll check it out

thanks

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
The Strain has some decent CG but the acting and writing is pretty awful, but it's still a better show than what the Walking Dead is now. Fargo is the best show to come out of FX is a loooong time.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Dude, I am pretty easy on shows and movies. Like I can deal with what might be questionable writing and chalk it up to "well that person is just a little weird ok?"

But the writing and acting in this show is ridiculous. How this is popular I have no idea, I'm guessing its got some concepts that appeal to nerds but I couldn't make it halfway through the second episode so I couldn't even really get a good idea of wtf was going to happen

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Are you talking about walking dead or the strain?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Are you talking about walking dead or the strain?

hes talking about your posting

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
The strain dude... come on lol

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

Mash posted:

The Strain has some decent CG but the acting and writing is pretty awful, but it's still a better show than what the Walking Dead is now. Fargo is the best show to come out of FX is a loooong time.

Sons of anarchy is the best fx ever had wtf??!!1

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kaytwo posted:

Sons of anarchy is the best fx ever had wtf??!!1

justified is way better than both

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ive never seen the strain but i will assume its better than the walking dead since it is loving garbage for morons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

agreed. Justified is so good and FX's best, Fargo is a very close second and sometimes better but it also has only had 1 season so far so next season could suck horribly.

I kinda liked the strain at first, but I gave it up around ep4 or 5. the writing/characters are stupidly bad. the predictable vagina started crying about killing PEOPLE and there has to be another way!!!; the custody thing is loving dumb because who cares about that poo poo in 2014; some gay mexican dude and his boring junkie brother and fat friend escapes; sean astin is a gay whiny beta pussy; and too much boring lovely written personal drama and forgettable+unlikable characters.

Waldo frey is about the only semi interesting character and that's because he only shows up for a couple seconds. just give me sword slashing zombie-worm people.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 19, 2014

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
are they going to make the world end like the books also did they include the rat catcher man

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Mash posted:

The League? Archer?

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
It's a fun show. I like to imagine they took some crappy characters and writing from a boring tv drama show and threw some campy horror in. It's good if you don't go in thinking every tv show has to be fargo or breaking bad these days like some kind of chump.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i heard that OP has a fantasy where 500-1000 zombies take turns gangbanging his butt and then he turns into a zombie and does the same to his own dad

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

zombies are epic

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Sons or Shield. I gave justified half a season and it jsut didnt do it for me. Maybe ti got better?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I heard the same, except his dad is a fart vampire and he's sucking off a gay dracula's dick

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Fishy Joe posted:

are they going to make the world end like the books also did they include the rat catcher man

I haven't read the books, but it is looking like yes to the world ending, and yes the rat catcher is in it and has back story.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

apathypuff posted:

I heard the same, except his dad is a fart vampire and he's sucking off a gay dracula's dick

vampires dont have genitals in this. they fall off and are like 'oh well'. instead they piss and poo poo out of their rear end at the same time like a bird. seriously its a big deal

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

tomstuart posted:

i heard that OP has a fantasy where 500-1000 zombies take turns gangbanging his butt and then he turns into a zombie and does the same to his own dad

apathypuff posted:

Why are you guys writing fanfics about me? Goons are weird as hell.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Daedra posted:

ive never seen the strain but i will assume its better than the walking dead since it is loving garbage for morons

:agreed:

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
if the walking dead was real wouldn't all the zombies get merced pretty quick and everyone would just be ready to blast in case some granny decided she wanted to die at walmart or whatever

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They need to rename the bad amc show The Boring Talking Living People, The Strain is fully badass and basically Blade II without the Mary Sue

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Ruby got Railed posted:

Sons or Shield. I gave justified half a season and it jsut didnt do it for me. Maybe ti got better?

The first half of Justified's first season is probably the worst part of the show, and the answer was The Shield

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
The strain has Kevin Durand (rat guy) and he's hot as gently caress so if nothing else there's that

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Daedra posted:

anything zombie related is loving garbage for morons

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

genghis.khan posted:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Justified rules so hard.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

genghis.khan posted:

careful, that's racist. zombies are an allegory for black people :ssh:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

They need to rename the bad amc show The Boring Talking Living People, The Strain is fully badass and basically Blade II without the Mary Sue

Except for Pawn Shop Badass, with a massive case of I'm Too Old For This poo poo.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
The Strain is the worst show I've seen in years, you have been warned. And yes, much worse than Walking Dead.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Just finished the first episode and it was hella gay

and not in like a cumming in butts way

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
Clearly anyone saying The Strain is the worst hasn't been watching the gloriously terrible show Under The Dome.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I made it half way through the first episode before shutting it off. The premise had some potential, but the writing, acting, and dialogue were really, really bad. The CDC people being super careful and wearing spacesuits on the plane but then casually handling a mysterious black box covered in skulls while wearing plain clothes was about the point where it got so dumb I just couldn't take it. In a post Breaking Bad world I guess I just can't suffer through badly written shows the way I once did.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 19, 2014

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Is tyrant any good. The commercials make it look pretty good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bo-Pepper posted:

Clearly anyone saying The Strain is the worst hasn't been watching the gloriously terrible show Under The Dome.

yea it's not the worst ever; it's more like a lot of wasted potential and just not worth watching. i agree though that Under the Dumb may be the worst i've seen in quite awhile--you can't even hate watch it. the badlist was really horrible too, not the worst but really drat bad

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 19, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
What I love about the Walking Dead is that they supposedly didn't have any sort of zombie stories in that "reality". No one knows what a zombie is and the word basically doesn't exist.

Zombies in the Strain are just a way for him to spread his silly worms while eating people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
im just into the second ep and im like "this is gay" but im still watching

im really high tho

• Locked thread