Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Honestly, a loving Bacon Double Cheeseburger, fries, and a drink cost $13. You can get a better burger, fries, and a drink for less at a good local pub for gently caress's sake.

Yeah, they have good food, but it a complete ripoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

can we agree that "gourmet" burger joints that grind up choice cuts and put them on brioche with some kind of artisan cave cheese and a side of "frites" are the loving worst?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the five guys are cool. i met them when i was 18 & stoned

time for lunch,. @FIVE GUYS!!!

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
havin a burger from the huddle house for lunch fyi. aint no five guys on this streets

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Infidel Castro posted:

Honestly, a loving Bacon Double Cheeseburger, fries, and a drink cost $13. You can get a better burger, fries, and a drink for less at a good local pub for gently caress's sake.

Yeah, they have good food, but it a complete ripoff.

Hell, go to Fuddruckers and get a 1 pound hamburger fries and a drink, and it's cheaper than that.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Richmond has amazing local restaurants. Not that chain poo poo on every corner.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

FogHelmut posted:

cant go national, cant compete in this category

Doesn't NEED to go national. In & Out only needs a Best Coast clientele to continue to be supreme.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Decebal posted:

It's better then McDonalds.

it isn't, it's garbage

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hobohemian posted:

Hell, go to Fuddruckers and get a 1 pound hamburger fries and a drink, and it's cheaper than that.

Honestly, I completely forget they even exist most of the time, and the one nearest to me is right next to a mall with a Five Guys in it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The best part of Five Guys is being able to tell your coworkers you just got filled up by five guys at lunch.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

Honestly, I completely forget they even exist most of the time, and the one nearest to me is right next to a mall with a Five Guys in it.

they bulldozed the fuddruckers near me and now there's a chick-fil-a in its place

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
literall twice the price of in-n-out

a good burger but ill pass

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Nobody linked it? Ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1Krfww5eE

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Five guys is good but a local burger joint will blow it out of the water

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Five guys is good but a local burger joint will blow it out of the water

Local is almost always better than chains.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

FogHelmut posted:

can we agree that "gourmet" burger joints that grind up choice cuts and put them on brioche with some kind of artisan cave cheese and a side of "frites" are the loving worst?

i'll agree with you

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i went there once and my burger was really big and the bag was filled with fries and the grease completely disintegrated the bottom of the bag so I had to ask for another bag

it was good

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Local is almost always better than chains.

Local burger joints around here are all expensive and think piling pastrami or gyros on top of a burger is what makes a burger good. Honestly I'd rather just go to fuddruckers and get a regular drat hamburger cooked med-rare for a reasonable price.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

FogHelmut posted:

they bulldozed the fuddruckers near me and now there's a chick-fil-a in its place

NOM's quiet counterreformation begins!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Five Guys burgers are disgustingly greasy.

Although its a full service restaurant, if we're comparing chains, I think Red Robin burgers are superior.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm burgin so loving hard right now. Why do I have to be in a country where they don't believe in burgers?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
When I moved out to Southern CA, Five Guys had not expanded into the region, so In n Out was the supreme leader.

A few years later, people given a choice widely prefer a Five Guys burger. In n Out is an superior alternative to the cheap burgers you'd get at McDonalds, BK, or Carls Jr, but if you want to spend a few extra bucks you get a much better burger, on a better bun, with way more variety to the flavor.

Five Guys makes its money from people who don't want fast food, don't want to pay for "fine dining" but want a good meal for a good price. If you want to min/max food/money then In in Out is better, but if not most people widely prefer Five Guys.

There are few things the original Five Guys dictate to their franchise owners. One is the no freezers policy, the other is the type of bread. They will literally search out bakers in the region willing and able to provide the specific kind of bread before they allow the franchise to be opened.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
sriracha on burgers yay or nay?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo, anyone who likes fuddruckers oughta be shot in the streets like a dog

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I went there on my birthday. Tried to tell my friend not to order fries since a single order of fries is enough food for like 10 loving people. He did it anyway.

Burgers are ok, If pricey. Whataburger still infinitely superior.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i like to go to fuddruckers and ask for a cup of water. then fill it up with nacho cheese and leave. haha suckers

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I hear it's a great place to get food, although apparently their fries aren't quite as good as they advertise. But their burgers are supposedly godly. What do you say?

they both are very good, please send them to australia

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I had a burger yesterday called The Plague Bringer and I thought of EBOLA and goons.

10oz of black angus sirloin. It was a spicy drippy mess and fitting of the name. Best burger I've had that isn't homemade.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Enjoy your bowel cancer and heart disease, guys :thumbsup:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Leonard Ghostal posted:

Enjoy your bowel cancer and heart disease, guys :thumbsup:

eat a loving burger you loving pussy

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

Chinatown posted:

eat a loving burger you loving pussy

ok

Leonard Ghostal fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 19, 2014

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

mcdonalds and burger king are better than any local burger joint

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
Of the medium sized chain burger joints, Smashburger and Culver's are both better than Five Guys.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

five guys is expensive and I would hesitate to call a greased ball of bread, beef, and condiments a burger. don't get why it's always packed, you would get a burger faster from a pub.

this is canada though and people go ga-ga over new American chains for a bit so maybe it's not so busy elsewhere?

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

five guys is expensive and I would hesitate to call a greased ball of bread, beef, and condiments a burger. don't get why it's always packed, you would get a burger faster from a pub.

this is canada though and people go ga-ga over new American chains for a bit so maybe it's not so busy elsewhere?

Every time I go into a Five Guys it's pretty packed. I don't know why, we have a plethora of local joints that are even better for the same price.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
ill gently caress 5 guys up real quick then poop

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Every time I go into Five Guys Burgers and Fries I gently caress the staff members in exchange for favorable reviews on my internet flash game, then I brutally torture and emotionally abuse my boyfriend, sexually assault a guy at wedding, have Phil Fish come to my defense and then get a load of people to defend my manipulative sociopathic nonsense lmao.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
sike i usually just get a cheeseburger and leave

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Checkers is really good for a fast food joint. Their roadhouse burger is pretty baller. And fully loaded fries are worth the diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
It's good but not as good or cheap as In and Out Burger but unfortunately the midwest only has 5 Guys and Smashburger. Fuddruckers is dead.

• Locked thread