Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highmoves
Sep 2, 2003
Local Goat Advocate
Complete Gimic burgs and I'm allergic to peanuts. Place needs to GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

highmoves posted:

Complete Gimic burgs and I'm allergic to peanuts. Place needs to GO

Allergic to peanuts lol kill yourself

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

but do they have tots?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
cajun french fries>>>french fries>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tater tots

highmoves
Sep 2, 2003
Local Goat Advocate
sorry, after working diligently for the last 19 years avoiding peanut death I've learned to appreciate life. All the care for trans and lbgt community, where is representation for the peanut/tree nut afflicted.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I ate at In-N-Out yesterday. A Double Double, fries, and delicious pink lemonade cost me less than $6.

I ate at Five Guys one time and ended up spending over $25 for the same meal for two people to eat. gently caress Five Guys.

I also have Whataburger :smug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gaunab posted:

cajun french fries>>>french fries>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tater tots

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

5 guys > MacDonald's > In n out

Truth.

If you literally think that McDonald's is actually better than In-N-Out your brain is loving broken.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its the starbucks of burgers and fries

you get a pretty good $6 burger and fries for like $11 after tax and its worth it because its expensive and you're a yuppie

protip: just get some fries takeout and buy your burger at burger king

bmc
Jul 21, 2014

Five Guys tends to have overpriced burgers.

To add to that, they always squish the buns down too much, so you're left with a rinky dink burger.

In-n-out does make as close to perfect of a fast food burger that you're going to get in terms of their quality and consistency.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

icantfindaname posted:

US average for a big mac is $4.62 according to google, five guys double patty burgers start at $6. a bacon cheeseburger is $7.80

except that double patty burger is like a half pound of meat versus less than a quarter pound in a big mac and the big mac isn't even at the top of the mcdonalds lineup anymore

youd be better off comparing the single patty to whatever the big burger mcdonalds sells

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
knew someone who got in early on a couple of 5 guys franchises. that seems like the best way to enjoy them, imo.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
There is a secret war being waged between the burger empires that will soon affect the price of burgs, globally. I have seen the McDonald's shocktroops, jackbooted and ski-masked, marching through the streets. I have seen the Burger Kings parachuting into the misty mountains of distant jungles, leaving me to assume that it is only a matter of time before they ingratiate themselves with the indigenous people and lead a burger-coup against the developing world. I have seen the Habit Burger test kitchens where burger meat is infused with a thousand and one addictive designer chemicals, all formulated by that jaundiced lich, Karl Lagerfeld. Governments are rapidly being eclipsed by the power of mighty mega-corporations and, at the top of that one-eyed pyramid, are the burger empires. Why do you think that McDonald's is replacing 1000% of its staff with robots? Why do you think Five Guys' founder is using burger-money to fund a project that will turn him into a living crystal? Why has Sonic's board of executives quietly patented infrared weapons that could work on the moon?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 20, 2014

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

i really thought tot-talk was going to revolutionize this thread

how wrong i was

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

There is a secret war being waged between the burger empires that will soon affect the price of burgs, globally. I have seen the McDonald's shocktroops, jackbooted and ski-masked, marching through the streets. I have seen the Burger Kings parachuting into the misty mountains of distant jungles, leaving me to assume that it is only a matter of time before the ingratiate themselves with the indigenous people and lead a burger-coup against the developing world. I have seen the Habit Burger test kitchens where burger meat is infused with a thousand and one addictive designer chemicals, all formulated by that jaundiced lich, Karl Lagerfeld. Governments are rapidly being eclipsed by the power of mighty mega-corporations and, at the top of that one-eyed pyramid, are the burger empires. Why do you think that McDonald's is replacing 1000% of its staff with robots? Why do you think Five Guys' founder is using burger-money to fund a project that will turn him into a living crystal? Why has Sonic's board of executives quietly patented infrared weapons that could work on the moon?

behold the future:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

plumper fuckbus posted:

how wrong i was

same

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if i had a choice between one fast food with tots and one without, id take the one with tots

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

plumper fuckbus posted:

how wrong i was

Tater tots as an adults is pretty cool. Had these sweet potato tots once, poo poo was great.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
tater tots are ok but usually way too salty

i tried homemade tator tots once, pretty good but absolutely not worth the effort

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

drat, lot of hate for five guys. One opened up in my area, and it's cheaper than Carls Jr. Which is loving awful (it's also cheaper than a lot of other places). poo poo, a sandwich at a 711 costs more than five guys. The only near comparable thing is located out in the mountains, and that poo poo is more expensive, and not quite as good. Yes let me go to the biker bar in the mountains and pay 15 dollars for a burger with nothing on it and some fries VS five guys coming in at 9 dollars. Which is still outrageous for what they're selling.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

behold the future:

i fukkin KNEW htat kOl quest was based off something else

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

moonshine is...... posted:

drat, lot of hate for five guys. One opened up in my area, and it's cheaper than Carls Jr. Which is loving awful (it's also cheaper than a lot of other places). poo poo, a sandwich at a 711 costs more than five guys. The only near comparable thing is located out in the mountains, and that poo poo is more expensive, and not quite as good. Yes let me go to the biker bar in the mountains and pay 15 dollars for a burger with nothing on it and some fries VS five guys coming in at 9 dollars. Which is still outrageous for what they're selling.
sounds like you live in an expensive area and shoulndt be if a 4 dollar difference between burgers matters to you

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
like mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, french fries, potato wedges, potato salads, etc. but don't like tater tots or hash browns

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Anime Five Guys

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

i fukkin KNEW htat kOl quest was based off something else

wasnt that the cola wars?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Gaunab posted:

like mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, french fries, potato wedges, potato salads, etc. but don't like tater tots or hash browns

Remove potato salad and insert scalloped potatoes and this is the correct opinion. You're so close.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

wasnt that the cola wars?

ya

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gaunab posted:

*Smh* friend, you are one sick puppy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

When I moved out to Southern CA, Five Guys had not expanded into the region, so In n Out was the supreme leader.

A few years later, people given a choice widely prefer a Five Guys burger.

as someone who has lived in SoCal all their life, what the gently caress are you talking about lol

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Gaunab posted:

what the gently caress

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

is Roy Rogers the only place that doesnt put any toppings on their sandwiches by default, and you have to ask for them specifically? Because it really seems like a bad idea flavor wise

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dandywalken posted:

is Roy Rogers the only place that doesnt put any toppings on their sandwiches by default, and you have to ask for them specifically? Because it really seems like a bad idea flavor wise

They got the Fixin's Bar. You put what and how much of it you want on yourself.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They got the Fixin's Bar. You put what and how much of it you want on yourself.

Yeah but their drive-thru man... you cant fixins via drivethru.

Though yeah, the roast beef with Fixins bar stuff is pretty loving good tbh

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Gaunab posted:

Right there with you, dude. Not personally a fan of potato chips either.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

When I moved out to Southern CA, Five Guys had not expanded into the region, so In n Out was the supreme leader.

A few years later, people given a choice widely prefer a Five Guys burger.

Moridin920 posted:

as someone who has lived in SoCal all their life, what the gently caress are you talking about lol

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Five Guys is better than most other fast food burgers but worse than most other burger joint. I'd rather have a Hurphy's burger. Five Guys just tastes like any home made burger I've made, and I don't even think they'll put a fried egg on it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
burgerville supremacy lol

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Where can one purchase potatoes from KSKJHCGBKHL·RCECENLKJHLUSHK·KJK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Taima posted:

Here's the thing man. I didn't just move to the West Coast, I've always lived here, in privilege and health on the ocean homie. Silicon valley poo poo. I've had plenty of delicious steaks and fancy rear end burgers. So I know good meat when I see it, dig?

So I just wanted to pop in and tell you that you're real dumb if you think In and Out has "sour meat" what the fuuuck? They don't use any additives in the meat and they don't even freeze the patties. Did you get a fuckin pickle in your burg and decide that the whole thing was sour? Because pickles are pickled. They tend to be slightly sour.

Of all of the possible criticisms you could make of In N Out this may be the lamest, but what can one expect of an East Coaster. Go back to Florida or whatever shithole you called hearth and home dawg

Lmfao jesus

• Locked thread