Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Zombie #246 posted:

Wow that seems really powerful

Well, the best hand you're likely to end up with is trips and it only triggers off an opponent's cheating hand it's definitely moderate. Great to win lowball though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That's a great card. More card draw is always good, and a reusable punishment for Cheatin.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Love that art.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Love that art.

I know, right?

And even if Fetch just ends up resulting in a card at lowball every other turn, it's still mega good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.gomorragazette.com/uncategorized/single-gradin-double-dealin-saddlebag-first-reactions-with-jon-del-arroz/

Everyone got some good toys out of Double Dealin'.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I opened the starter I got for Christmas today and had a few damaged cards. I emailed AEG, and they're on holiday until Monday. Does anyone have experience with AEG customer support they feel like sharing so I know what to expect?

jadarx
May 25, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

I opened the starter I got for Christmas today and had a few damaged cards. I emailed AEG, and they're on holiday until Monday. Does anyone have experience with AEG customer support they feel like sharing so I know what to expect?

I've had good luck the one time I had to deal with them.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Father Wendigo posted:

I was missing a card in ntnr. Emailed them saturday night, they emailed me monday for my information, got my card the next week.

Easy peasy george and wheezy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They're going to get some good toys from the first Pine Box expansion too. Blessed and Miracles are being added, and each outfit gets a new faction card. Pretty much confirmed now that there'll only be four outfits in DT:R, though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
How does the Horse Wranglin' work with the Mechanical Horse?
Do I just pay 1 ghost rock for HW and 1 for MH and give it to anyone, or do I have to do the Mad Science test and give it to mad scientist?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

adhuin posted:

Do I just pay 1 ghost rock for HW and 1 for MH and give it to anyone, or do I have to do the Mad Science test and give it to mad scientist?

I've asked that elsewhere. For now how I'd rule it is that you still have to boot a Mad Scientist and pull.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/aeg5..._eid=2ad0e126b7

Core set for 20bux.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
A friend and I are thinking about going in together on the Daily Deal and getting two core sets. Would two core sets put us in the realm of having a decent four-player game?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

A friend and I are thinking about going in together on the Daily Deal and getting two core sets. Would two core sets put us in the realm of having a decent four-player game?

Oh totally.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Welp, here's to another FFG core set.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Welp, here's to another FFG core set.

Doomtown is by AEG.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh weird, dunno where I got that idea.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Somberbrero posted:

Oh weird, dunno where I got that idea.

You probably heard Doomtown was an LCG. LCG is a term wholly owned and used by FFG.

Doomtown is not an LCG. It is an ECG. Which is exactly the same thing, but not copyright violating.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
With the GenCon thread showing up, I just remembered that I bought the fancy pants wooden Doomtown set last year at GenCon. It's MISB.

I had bought it because my friend made me camp out with him for shopping (I had no planned purchases of my own) with the intention to flip it, but forgot about it until now.

Is it still worth something? I thought they were gonna do a bigger re-print later.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Sigma-X posted:

With the GenCon thread showing up, I just remembered that I bought the fancy pants wooden Doomtown set last year at GenCon. It's MISB.

I had bought it because my friend made me camp out with him for shopping (I had no planned purchases of my own) with the intention to flip it, but forgot about it until now.

Is it still worth something? I thought they were gonna do a bigger re-print later.

$175-200 on ebay. Also, I told you to sell it right after GenCon for max free dollars.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I played 1v1 for many games last night, using a slightly modified Sloane deck against my friend's Law Dogs Dead Man's Hand deck. I did alright every time I could neutralize Wendy in the first shootout. The only downside is that I was too gun-shy to make it over to my opponent's deeds, making those money-siphoning abilities useless much of the time. I'd win through killing all his dudes.

Also, I could never, ever cheat, because he had way too many abilities to punish that. Thankfully I pulled legal full houses nearly every hand.

Deckbuilding seems like a bit of a headache with trying to balance suits and values. Do certain factions have different values they're "best" at, to help me wrap my head around deck design?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BJPaskoff posted:

Deckbuilding seems like a bit of a headache with trying to balance suits and values. Do certain factions have different values they're "best" at, to help me wrap my head around deck design?

Sort of, although it's mostly due to the distribution of diamonds. I find the Law Dogs work well with A-4, Sloane with 4-7, Morgan with 7-10 and 4th Ring with 10-K. I'm not saying that's how you have to build things but as I built my decks that's how things fell into place. If you go Morgan Gadgets for example you'll find yourself probably settling into a 7-9 scheme because that's where all the good gadgets are. I build for full houses so I like to keep to a 3 numbers with a few cards falling outside those numbers if they're powerful enough to justify inclusion. Unprepared & Pistol Whip are two such cards.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This is mk I of my new Law Dogs deck.

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/345/law-dogs-flush-deck

It's the tried and true "make half your deck actions and pull easy flushes" formula. Right now I've got the value spread out because I want to avoid cheating, but I'll probably narrow the whole thing down to about a range of 7 values.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is mk I of my new Law Dogs deck.

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/345/law-dogs-flush-deck

It's the tried and true "make half your deck actions and pull easy flushes" formula. Right now I've got the value spread out because I want to avoid cheating, but I'll probably narrow the whole thing down to about a range of 7 values.

I just built almost the same thing except I went even more balls to the wall with the flush theme. I'm only running 13 non Club cards and 4 of them are starting dudes, the others are:

2x Pair o'six Shooters
2x Peacemaker
2x Bluetick
4x Steven Wiles

My starting lineup is:

Olivia Jenks (3 cost, 1 Upkeep)
Philip Swinford (3 cost, 0 Upkeep)
Clyde Owens (7 cost, 2 Upkeep)
Travis Moone (2 Cost, 0 Upkeep)

The point of the deck is to hyper aggressive on the first turn, drat all the rest. Clyde Owen is the only character that can innately call someone out at home and with the Law Dog's outfit ability he'll have a target. I'm running every cheating punishment card I can in the club side basically and essentially daring my opponent to try it. I have enough upkeep to cover my costs and enough starting cash to lose lowball for a few turns. A lot of decks will have hands that will take a few turns to get rolling and I'm looking to capitalize on that. I've got Kidnapping and Ambush in the deck as well to help force them into conflict. Basically since I have no control points and recurring income I'm banking on killing their wanted dudes and using a variety of club based income to support myself as I lose lowball hands. With a 1/4 ratio of non-clubs to clubs, both Olivia and Travis are free to fight on their own with a high chance of drawing a flush, and I'm not worried about enemy studs with all the minus bullet stuff I'm running. Drawing a 'Hiding in Shadows' on the first turn ensures that Clyde Owen is not going anywhere in a shootout.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

adhuin posted:

I Got an official answer for this: Tapping Mad Scientist, pulling and playing it to that guy are part of the cost (which must be paid).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.alderac.com/doomtown/files/2015/01/Quaterman.jpg

I want this to evolve into competing Lawdogs/Morgan versions.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I like how making a flamethrower, or auto-revolver, is somehow more comlex than making an automaton.

That's a darn interesting card though. Slots very well into existing Morgan Gadget Decks though it's off numbered the difficulty itself should mean you can get them out pretty easily off Elander Boldman.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Went 3-1 with my Law Dogs flush deck. I need to adjust the Dudes, Deeds and Goods, but I really like it so far.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
I just found out about this game and am totally going to buy into it. I'm just sad I can't get the premium set any more ):

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Went 3-1 with my Law Dogs flush deck. I need to adjust the Dudes, Deeds and Goods, but I really like it so far.

What did you run against? I got destroyed in a game by 4 ring. He pulled 2 legit fullhouses off against me then sacrificed his spell to raise by two more in one game. It was brutal. It didn't help the first spell he dropped was Forget. That almost completely shut down my ability to call him out from home. Long story short; I don't think there's enough cheating punishment to make a legal flush deck work IMO.

nyxnyxnyx posted:

I just found out about this game and am totally going to buy into it. I'm just sad I can't get the premium set any more ):

I'm bringing my cards down with me for the Star Wars event. Will be there on Saturday night but after the Netrunner should be finished up(9/10pm). If you're out or its done we can get a game in.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

What did you run against? I got destroyed in a game by 4 ring. He pulled 2 legit fullhouses off against me then sacrificed his spell to raise by two more in one game. It was brutal. It didn't help the first spell he dropped was Forget. That almost completely shut down my ability to call him out from home. Long story short; I don't think there's enough cheating punishment to make a legal flush deck work IMO.

Sloane Huckster.

Wylie Jenks was reliably able to put together straight flushes, and Bottom Dealin' did a ton of damage to my opponent's cheatin' full houses. Pinned Down and Sun in Yer Eyes helped mitigate the large bonuses from the Bobo/Jose Morales combo.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

I'm bringing my cards down with me for the Star Wars event. Will be there on Saturday night but after the Netrunner should be finished up(9/10pm). If you're out or its done we can get a game in.

Well I sure hope I'm not done... :p But yeah sure we can do that!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Doomtown is really a fantastic game. I've heard Fourth Ring is really dominating right now, but my friends and I aren't even looking to net deck or whatever. The mechanics are so much fun that I often don't realize that while two of us were busy blowing apart each others' dudes in a single turn's worth of shootouts, the other guy in the game is winning simply because his dudes are still alive.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

Doomtown is really a fantastic game. I've heard Fourth Ring is really dominating right now, but my friends and I aren't even looking to net deck or whatever. The mechanics are so much fun that I often don't realize that while two of us were busy blowing apart each others' dudes in a single turn's worth of shootouts, the other guy in the game is winning simply because his dudes are still alive.

Similarly, one of my favorite things to do is construct a deck so that I can start a faction leader. Because those guys are boss.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Similarly, one of my favorite things to do is construct a deck so that I can start a faction leader. Because those guys are boss.

I've heard the term "Sloane Hexproof" thrown around and I'd like to give that a go, starting with Sloane. Hexproof is Magic slang for "I can target my guy, but you can't", which would negate all those nasty shootout abilities.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://m.imgur.com/a/5oVOU

Full Election Day Slaughter spoilerses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

http://m.imgur.com/a/5oVOU

Full Election Day Slaughter spoilerses.

Sweet Jesus, Laughing Tom. :stonk:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Election Day Slaughter (the card) looks sick. I could see the other players ganging up on you real fast though.

The mad scientists look intriguing, and I hadn't really been interested in them before. Morgan really likes red cards I guess?

How will Experienced dudes work, for anyone who played the original game?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

BJPaskoff posted:

How will Experienced dudes work, for anyone who played the original game?

If I recall correctly, you could swap an Experienced Dude for an Inexperienced Dude (or vice versa) for free as a Noon Action. They also keep all the crap they have on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Father Wendigo posted:

If I recall correctly, you could swap an Experienced Dude for an Inexperienced Dude (or vice versa) for free as a Noon Action. They also keep all the crap they have on them.

Correct. You can swap a Dude for another Dude of the same name and different experience level without cost, the Dude retains all Goods, and the dude replaced is discarded. What I'm not sure about is whether the Dude will retain any temporary bonuses, like Control Points or modified Bullet Rating. They used to, but card memory no longer exists. Also I don't know whether the new Dude will come in booted or unbooted if the old Dude was booted.

• Locked thread