Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
In retrospect, the Bears in reverse eliminator was idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Damnable Harbaugh.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Eliminator Week 1: Bears over Bills. :saddowns:
Eliminator Week 2: Saints over Rams. :saddowns:

gently caress it, new plan: 0-17 in Eliminator, 17-0 in Reverse Eliminator.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Welp,

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Lock up your microwaves... SwearingScience is here!
Current pickem record: 17-14. I am about as good as a coin flip.

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

Kwik posted:

Eliminator Week 1: Bears over Bills. :saddowns:
Eliminator Week 2: Saints over Rams. :saddowns:

gently caress it, new plan: 0-17 in Eliminator, 17-0 in Reverse Eliminator.

I believe the double reverse may be a genuinely new gambit.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I've managed to go 0-2 in reverse eliminator (largely because I forgot about it until Monday last week), so I might as well attempt 0-17.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I picked the bears in pickem reverse pickem and spread pickem. Got 2 out of 3.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
gently caress you Kaepernick

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

axeil posted:

In retrospect, the Bears in reverse eliminator was idiotic.

I dunno, the Bears are pretty bad...but bad teams win more than good?? Makes you think.

I'm sitting at 15-16 in picks and I'm out of reverse eliminator. Thank goodness for regular and kicker eliminator because I obviously have no idea what any teams are going to do this season.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If ya'll don't go with Denver you're playing with fire

So glad I did this too. How many people did we lost to the Saints, Hawks, and Niners upsets?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
This is spectacular, 0-2 in Eliminator, Reverse Eliminator, and Spread Eliminator, 2-0 in Reverse Spread Eliminator. Good to know my policy of taking all sure bets early to avoid a week 1 or 2 loss is paying off this year.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I'm eliminated from everything but spread already. I'm 0-2 in most everything else.

What percent of players are already eliminated after week 2?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spintzel posted:

I'm eliminated from everything but spread already. I'm 0-2 in most everything else.

What percent of players are already eliminated after week 2?

Let's see:

243 are 2-0
60 are 1-0, presuming most of those just forgot to pick.
and ~300ish are 1-1, 0-1 or 0-2.

For reverse:

139 are 2-0
28 are 1-0
~180 ish are out.

For spread:

32 are 2-0
9 are 1-0
~110 are out.

So yeah, at least 50% out in everything after two weeks.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I just don't have a handle on anything at all this year! :suicide:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

New England at home against Oakland has to be the Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week™, right?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

New England at home against Oakland has to be the Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week™, right?

I miss the old website picks on the side feature.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Chichevache posted:

So glad I did this too. How many people did we lost to the Saints, Hawks, and Niners upsets?

:rip: Pour a 40 out for your fallen bros Chich

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah, Oakland playing New England on the east coast? Oakland doesn't win this game 100/100 times

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

axeil posted:

I miss the old website picks on the side feature.

Haha, the lock of the week was always my pick, shoe-in of the week was japtor's, and the gambletron was a ridiculous algorithm I made up. I actually have disabled code in current eliminator that would hypothetically allow users to build their own gambletron, but it's a performance nightmare so I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

evenworse username posted:

I just don't have a handle on anything at all this year! :suicide:

Weeks 1 (and basically up to 4) are madness. If I were a betting man, I'd just avoid betting the first few weeks of the NFL until some clear trends start to emerge. That being said, I am eliminated from eliminator, reverse elim, spread and reverse spread eliminator.

And now to dig myself out of the funbucks hole.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Madcosby posted:

Weeks 1 (and basically up to 4) are madness. If I were a betting man, I'd just avoid betting the first few weeks of the NFL until some clear trends start to emerge. That being said, I am eliminated from eliminator, reverse elim, spread and reverse spread eliminator.

And now to dig myself out of the funbucks hole.

I'm starting with a money line bet on Atlanta. At least we'll have ~$700 to blow on a Sunday parlay instead of ~$500 :hfive:

I'm taking the Patriots this week in Eliminator because there's no point saving them for a later point in the season at which I'll likely already be eliminated anyway. I'll save the Raiders for a later week in Reverse though lol, thinking I'll take either Vikings or Buccaneers there.

In hindsight this might have been the best opportunity to use Atlanta in Eliminator.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Randandal posted:

I'm starting with a money line bet on Atlanta. At least we'll have ~$700 to blow on a Sunday parlay instead of ~$500 :hfive:

I'm taking the Patriots this week in Eliminator because there's no point saving them for a later point in the season at which I'll likely already be eliminated anyway. I'll save the Raiders for a later week in Reverse though lol, thinking I'll take either Vikings or Buccaneers there.

In hindsight this might have been the best opportunity to use Atlanta in Eliminator.

I did the same thing.

Gotta get start that bank roll so I can bet like a saudi prince come sunday

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Set myself up a 3,4,and 5 way Parlay bet for this week. One of them has to pay out right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Set myself up a 3,4,and 5 way Parlay bet for this week. One of them has to pay out right?

Only if you used same 3 bets in the others and the 4 in the 5 way.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Dunno if it will fix itself or not but I've somehow picked the Falcons twice in pickem

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Bet the loving house on the Patriots this week

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blitz7x posted:

Trap game

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

I remember another time the pats were favored by two touchdowns....

https://saseliminator.com/bet/view/eliminator/2012/team-graph/REG/2/public/h/reg

https://saseliminator.com/game/info/2012091602

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The 2014 Oakland Raiders are not going into New England for their early game Home Opener and winning

I will cut my hair in the style of Mark Davis if the Raiders win

which they won't

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Blitz7x posted:

The 2014 Oakland Raiders are not going into New England for their early game Home Opener and winning

which they won't

Quoting this just in case.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

which they won't

Look, the Raiders probably won't win, but I'm still taking the Bengals in eliminator and the Steelers in reverse. Raiders and Browns can upset the Pats and Saints respectively, but the loving Titans sure as poo poo can't beat the Bengals. Sankey for 150 yards and 3 TDs

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Things must be screwed up this year if I'm first in Spread Pick'em after two weeks.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Lazerbeam posted:

Dunno if it will fix itself or not but I've somehow picked the Falcons twice in pickem

Sweet I got double points for the win

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

Lazerbeam posted:

Sweet I got double points for the win

Fixed. drat race condition I'm too lazy to fix...

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
As a Seahawks fan I know you don't want to gently caress around with the Cardinals in Arizona. So I went with '9ers as reverse eliminator and got that to pay off. True story.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shouldn't the standings be sorted by win pct? Obviously you should be required to have picked a minimum number of games, but I have a 29-15 record but I'm behind someone who is 30-17

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Things people in the world apparently actually care about: Their standings in week 3 of SAS pick ems

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

actionjackson posted:

Shouldn't the standings be sorted by win pct? Obviously you should be required to have picked a minimum number of games, but I have a 29-15 record but I'm behind someone who is 30-17

Yeah but 30 > 29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Betting 717 on Da Beeeerrs tonight. Since I suck, everyone should put all their fun-bucks on the jets for easy $.

• Locked thread