Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

She has bendy bones how do you think she curls up into a ball

By being reconstituted as formless energy, doy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

RyokoTK posted:

It's maybe not a new low for Nintendo or anything, but it is kinda disappointing.

Disappointing that we got alt costumes based on her game complete outfits from Fusion and Zero Mission?

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 21, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It would be hilarious if you could morphball in that outfit

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I personally find the athletic wear to be less groan-inducing than her standard vinyl catsuit.

Still anticipating a lot of deleted Samus pics on Miiverse, though, if the One Piece community is any indication.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Manticore posted:

if the One Piece community is any indication.

...do I even want to know?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Supercar Gautier posted:

By being reconstituted as formless energy, doy!

Oh yeah well explain this nerdo!!

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Oh yeah well explain this nerdo!!

Walking animations in old games are so entertaining.

edit: I would totally call all of you big megadorks and say that Metroid doesn't really have much in the way of canon, but then one of you would be like "Yeah she does, you moron, it's on her right arm!" or something equally silly.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 21, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Those outfits are from Zero Mission and Fusion.

And they look much better than her skin tight butt suit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Skin tight butt suit is the best. I would post pics, but I don't want to get Cheetos dust on MORE keys

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The outfit and high heels make her look like a race queen.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

bendy(wo)man

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The morph ball official size is like 1 meter in diameter, so it's a tight fit, but no bone crunching required. Any reasonably fit woman could fit in there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

My favorite part about this was when people acted like this was some sort of "new low" for Nintendo.

What a special hobby we have.

Are people going to lose their poo poo over Bayonetta then? I mean hell they're funding 2.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Oh good, while the Smash thread is discussing the "leak" the Wii U thread is handling the bi-monthly Samus discussion

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Samus is sexy :smugmrgw:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It wouldn't even take that much flexibility to get into the Morphball considering it's 3 feet tall.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Splatoon is going to be very good and I can't wait for it

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

I hope it gets the online community it deserves. I'm excited to hear more,frankly. Its a fresh look at multiplayer FPS and just looks incredibly fun.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Austrian mook posted:

I hope it gets the online community it deserves. I'm excited to hear more,frankly. Its a fresh look at multiplayer FPS and just looks incredibly fun.

It is great that we can still see some new creative gameplay in major releases. The DS and Wii are/were good for that as well - the OP discussion bringing up the Trauma Center series makes me want to pick up Trauma Team again. Of course all of Nintendo's first party series are always high quality, but I hope we'll see more unique gameplay spinoffs like Captain Toad or new IPs that actually have new gamplay like Splatoon.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I cannot wait to splat a bunch of doods.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I saw an article on IGN wishing that Splatoon was a platformer, because if there's anything Nintendo needs it's more platformers!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

axleblaze posted:

I saw an article on IGN wishing that Splatoon was a platformer, because if there's anything Nintendo needs it's more platformers!

IGN is dumb

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

zenintrude posted:

IGN is dumb

I know, it's just that was particularly :psyduck:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

axleblaze posted:

Well if it's a shooter and requires an online presence that's not the most ideal situation either. It would be great if they released specifics because this thing could easily wind up forgotten.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I certainly think you need some kind of single player narrative driven component, but I'm a weirdo who barely plays online multiplayer at all.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

I certainly think you need some kind of single player narrative driven component, but I'm a weirdo who barely plays online multiplayer at all.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Splatoon is not going to be on my list of games to get.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

greatn posted:

Splatoon is Nintendo's Titanfall

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dunban posted:

Oh good, while the Smash thread is discussing the "leak" the Wii U thread is handling the bi-monthly Samus discussion

There's a smash thread :stare:

I better get over there and start posting pics of samus :mario:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Trent posted:

There's a smash thread :stare:

I better get over there and start posting pics of samus :mario:

If you want to be seen like you know what you're talking about, go into the thread and post "DUCK HUNT DOG CONFIRMED" its a joke that they'll all enjoy and appreciate.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wanna know why people are going apeshit over Spaghetti-O cans just because they have Nintendo characters on them. People are hoarding them thinking they'll be worth something in years to come(well outside of the obvious lets eat a 20 year old can of spaghetti to see what happens)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mabels big day posted:

I don't even like shooters, and I'm excited for Splatoon! I'd love to play it with ya'll.

Austrian mook posted:

Well, it'll have us! :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't even like shooters, and I'm excited for Splatoon! I'd love to play it with ya'll.

Well, it'll have us! :unsmigghh:

All hail the SplaGoons! :black101:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Splatoon is a game I want to be interested because it looks rad as hell but I'm not convinced it's going to have a strong enough online community to keep me playing. Just going to have to wait and see.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's the first I've heard of it.(The spaghetti o's thing). Who's going crazy, reddit?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wanna know why people are going apeshit over Spaghetti-O cans just because they have Nintendo characters on them. People are hoarding them thinking they'll be worth something in years to come(well outside of the obvious lets eat a 20 year old can of spaghetti to see what happens)

I wouldn't eat a can of spaghettios that came off of the factory belt.

Edit: Beefaroni on the other hand...

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

zenintrude posted:

Splatoon is Nintendo's Titanfall

Only it will actually be a finished game with content.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Splatoon feels like the super-arcady online games that Sega put out on the Dreamcast. Small arenas and simple mechanics, I think this will be the perfect mix of casual and competitive.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bread Set Jettison posted:

If you want to be seen like you know what you're talking about, go into the thread and post "DUCK HUNT DOG CONFIRMED" its a joke that they'll all enjoy and appreciate.

I just read the last five pages of the thread and I think you were trying to trick me! :mad:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Trent posted:

I just read the last five pages of the thread and I think you were trying to trick me! :mad:

No way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Trent posted:

My condolences. :(

• Locked thread