Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Between FFTA and Pokemon Emerald I'm not sure I'll need a new iOS game for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm just glad I don't have to refresh the app every week now since automated altstore refreshes broke a while back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Decent guide for delta if anyone needed it

https://youtu.be/uQkodIYsb8c?si=wyoHpa0LJDTO3Fto

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DS games with the vertical layout and touchscreen are surprisingly good to run on a phone turns out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Weedle posted:

once i hooked it up to my google drive it synced all my roms and saves from the altstore version :thumbsup:

I guess I need to hook up my google drive to my phone/ipad then.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DS games with the vertical layout and touchscreen are surprisingly good to run on a phone turns out.

It’s a little small on my iPhone 11 Pro but still workable.

I had a hell of a time setting it up on the phone; I downloaded a rom and it was .rar, I downloaded a .zip version and all good. I’m missing files? I thought this was the emulator! I downloaded the emu files from archive.org but the expected file size doesn’t match, I downloaded another from archive and the size matched for two of the three files. I downloaded a third nds emu pack from archive and all three files were accepted and then I could finally play.

I absolutely do not need another emulator but I was curious to see how it did for nds because that can be tricky on single screen devices.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
Does iPhone/apple devices have the specs to emulate ps1/2/3 games? Should we expect more emulators for more advanced systems or are there limitations (legal or technology) that would prevent this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Serrath posted:

Does iPhone/apple devices have the specs to emulate ps1/2/3 games? Should we expect more emulators for more advanced systems or are there limitations (legal or technology) that would prevent this?

PS2 definitely but that’s going to take someone to make the emulator for it.

The dolphin emulator absolutely rocks on Apple devices so hopefully that comes out soon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

PS2 has an ARM based emulator but its creator abandoned it some time ago so it's unlikely to show up, and if it does it'll probably get hit by the same knock-off rule that took down GBAiOS. PS3 is extremely demanding and makes heavy use of multithreading due to how the PS3 works so it's another one unlikely to show up. Xbox emulation as I understand it requires DirectX support to function so is also unlikely. Likely the highest level emulation you're going to see is PSP since there's been an Android version of PPSSPP for a long time now, but it's going to be a question of whether emulators can use MoltenVK on iOS or if they're going to end up having to use Metal. Dolphin has a native Metal renderer in its Mac version already but it'll be a question of whether Apple considers that "retro" since they've been very pointed in specifying they're only allowing "retro" console emulation. Also whether the Dolphin devs actually cleaned up the Wii firmware code they used to decrypt Wii games that they got stung by when trying to get listed on Steam.

Basically just look at the current state of Android emulation, which for the most part has stalled out around PS2/Gamecube and there's your list of what's probably being worked on.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

DRINK ME posted:

It’s a little small on my iPhone 11 Pro but still workable.

I had a hell of a time setting it up on the phone; I downloaded a rom and it was .rar, I downloaded a .zip version and all good. I’m missing files? I thought this was the emulator! I downloaded the emu files from archive.org but the expected file size doesn’t match, I downloaded another from archive and the size matched for two of the three files. I downloaded a third nds emu pack from archive and all three files were accepted and then I could finally play.

I absolutely do not need another emulator but I was curious to see how it did for nds because that can be tricky on single screen devices.

the files you were missing were BIOS and firmware files that are required for DS games to run. sounds like you tracked them down!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

How’s the other goon guild for rumble doing? Want to merge with our guild? We had all three rewards every season so far. We have some openings and with Darkmoon Faire it’s a lot funnier now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I keep seeing ads for that anime titty cover shooter game and it’s got me wondering: are there any good casual cover shooter type games for iOS? I’m remembering mass effect infiltrator, which unfortunately disappeared from the App Store many many iPhone iterations ago, I’m wondering if there’s anything like a spiritual successor for it. Ideally nothing I’d be embarrassed to play in public or in front of my wife

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

I keep seeing ads for that anime titty cover shooter game and it’s got me wondering: are there any good casual cover shooter type games for iOS? I’m remembering mass effect infiltrator, which unfortunately disappeared from the App Store many many iPhone iterations ago, I’m wondering if there’s anything like a spiritual successor for it. Ideally nothing I’d be embarrassed to play in public or in front of my wife

There’s a Division game coming out soon-ish and that should be a proper cover shooter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay but do your soldiers' asses jiggle when you fire

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

who needs a wife when you can get all those waifus

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dating is just a gacha, if you think about it,

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Dating is just a gacha, if you think about it,

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
of course you want two girlfriends, so you can merge them for a 1% chance of getting a 6⭐ gf!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So you download emulator, download rom, unzip if it’s .7z and then enjoy?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
So I thought Apple TV mirroring for delta would just send the controller overlay as well but nope delta straight up just makes your phone a controller and only the game on the TV.

Response is real good. Real gem of an app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

sonatinas posted:

So I thought Apple TV mirroring for delta would just send the controller overlay as well but nope delta straight up just makes your phone a controller and only the game on the TV.

Response is real good. Real gem of an app.

Hot drat, I never would have thought to try- thanks for sharing!