Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vordhosbn
Aug 7, 2008

So your bro and his girlfriend are pretty much your landlords, then, right? I wouldn't consider that equal footing really.

It sounds like you were pretty upfront about it before moving in, so I can understand being irritated that they didn't just say no from the get-go instead of assuring you it wouldn't be a problem. Perhaps they just didn't realize how potent the smell would be when they agreed to it? I don't smoke weed myself and I don't spend a lot of time with people who do, so when I moved in with my first roommate who smoked on a regular basis, it was kind of a learning experience.

Fandyien posted:

they tried to downplay how much of a problem it was because i was so clear about it but i could tell they were both hella irritated and my brother was talking about spending $150 to buy me a vaporizer to solve the problem which frankly i'm not willing to accept since thats profoundly unfair on him

He offered to pay for a vape for you? That really speaks to how much it must be bothering him. Just do it if it makes him happy. It's their house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
start vaping then you idiot

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Get a job op and stop being a nuisance to your family.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You don't smoke weed in TYOOL 2014.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Sucks your family is lame as hell op, both my parents and my brother smoke weed everyday.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Are people reading the loving thread? They moved in together and are all on the lease. It is not his brother's place that he's paying rent at.

Christ.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Shadow posted:

Are people reading the loving thread? They moved in together and are all on the lease. It is not his brother's place that he's paying rent at.

Christ.

nah i'm not on the lease, though i initially asked to do that. it's all moot now anyway because i had a talk with my brother about what i, and he, were really getting out of this arrangement since it played out a little differently than we had each individually anticipated. i think he had a kind of paternalistic vibe w/the whole thing and i just had a really strong gut feeling that if it only took four or five days for a misunderstanding liek that to crop up than they would probably continue to do so, and i wanted to keep getting straight A's while i finish college so i'm gonna move back home where i had everything worked out pretty well and wasn't bothering anyone

anyway to all the dudes who were calling me the platonic ideal of pathos im inclined to agree for sure.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Vordhosbn posted:

So your bro and his girlfriend are pretty much your landlords, then, right? I wouldn't consider that equal footing really.

It sounds like you were pretty upfront about it before moving in, so I can understand being irritated that they didn't just say no from the get-go instead of assuring you it wouldn't be a problem. Perhaps they just didn't realize how potent the smell would be when they agreed to it? I don't smoke weed myself and I don't spend a lot of time with people who do, so when I moved in with my first roommate who smoked on a regular basis, it was kind of a learning experience.

He offered to pay for a vape for you? That really speaks to how much it must be bothering him. Just do it if it makes him happy. It's their house.

see the thing is my brother is like, an incredibly nice and considerate guy, and he would be willing to do all kinds of things for me like that, and i'm not really comfortable w/him buying me fancy things or viewing me as a sort of pet project. i mean he sees it as just being a helpful big bro so it's not on him at all i think we just had different expectations. i was hoping to acquire some genuine unrestricted independence and didn't, he was hoping to improve my general condition but didn't. one of us says tomato, the other says tomahto, so i decided to call the whole thing off

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm just trying to poo poo post because i got a new name av combo

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Knew it OPs a bitch rear end

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

Knew it OPs a bitch rear end

yeah this is probably the only real lesson i've learned, whcih is that im hella bitchmade.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Fandyien posted:

yeah this is probably the only real lesson i've learned, whcih is that im hella bitchmade.

u need jesus. pray hard for god to take away ur marijuana addiction so u can begin healing the wounds it has created in ur family. gid bless u and good luck

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fandyien posted:

nah i'm not on the lease, though i initially asked to do that. it's all moot now anyway because i had a talk with my brother about what i, and he, were really getting out of this arrangement since it played out a little differently than we had each individually anticipated. i think he had a kind of paternalistic vibe w/the whole thing and i just had a really strong gut feeling that if it only took four or five days for a misunderstanding liek that to crop up than they would probably continue to do so, and i wanted to keep getting straight A's while i finish college so i'm gonna move back home where i had everything worked out pretty well and wasn't bothering anyone

anyway to all the dudes who were calling me the platonic ideal of pathos im inclined to agree for sure.

good, this way you can pretend it was mutual

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
Is ur brother hot OP? He sounds hot

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Get some therapy and get a job

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fandyien posted:

Yeah, probably a good idea. Sometimes moving in with someone destroys a relationship. Happens to a lot of friends post-high school, in college, or after. Good luck.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

i think you should get your revenge by videotaping yourself loving his girlfriend and send it to him and then move out, cuck and run, that's the clear strategy here imo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

good, this way you can pretend it was mutual

nah it wasn't mutual he basically called me an idiot and said my reasoning was flat out wrong but he wasn't like genuinely angry, or so he claims

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fandyien posted:

nah it wasn't mutual he basically called me an idiot and said my reasoning was flat out wrong but he wasn't like genuinely angry, or so he claims

believe it or n ot im actually commending you cause the tension would've eventually caused strain on the relationships

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Sorry about the parody thread but it amused me to turn your so-called life into a gay fanfic. Apologies, I'm from the internet. You did the cool and dude-righteous thing in this GBS E/N thread and I like weed too, so we're cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
go crusin op problem solved

• Locked thread