Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
If a guy who plays bass guitar is a bassist, why isn't a guy who drives a race car a racist?

o wait yeah... NASCAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Seriously only a fuckin moron would walk into a raceway or a highway so they deserve death.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Throwdini posted:

Its manslaughter not murder. Are there other sane adults around I can chat with?

u know where u are?

yr in the jungle baby.

you gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieee

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

lol we wish, truth is you can't even accidentally crash your car anymore due to weather or animals without the police citing you for something.

Reckless driving, made up speeding charges.

God loving help you if you hit and kill a dude, even if it wasn't your fault. You are gonna be spending some time in court defending BS charges.

Better hope your judge is sane and in a good mood that day!

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

shiksa posted:

u know where u are?

yr in the jungle baby.

you gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieee

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cesar Cedeno posted:

lol we wish, truth is you can't even accidentally crash your car anymore due to weather or animals without the police citing you for something.

God loving help you if you hit and kill a dude, even if it wasn't your fault. You are gonna be spending some time in court defending BS charges.

Better hope you have family in law enforcement.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cesar Cedeno posted:

manslaughter has been around longer than cars have

iNFUSiON
May 1, 2005
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
~ Robert A. Heinlein

Throwdini posted:

Its manslaughter not murder. Are there other sane adults around I can chat with?

Here?

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Yeah if you hit someone's car they promise you they will give you a ticket. You fight one they offer another. Get a lawyer when this happens and make it a non moving violation.

Manslaughter is a hell of a sentence 10 years iirc, same as Murder 2 in some situations (like some local guy who shot some guy stealing his running car out of the driveway, not guilty, but would have been 10 years). Sure it's easier to explain manslaughter than murder but a criminal record is some serious poo poo not to mention cost of representation and prison. (what are the rules for having somebody else pay these anyway? I think said local guy got the city to pay his attorney's fees b/c not guilty, although the city wouldn't pay the asking price. Seriously though do you sue for the cost of representation or?)

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!
Recorded history begins in 1776 and what could be called civilization didn't start until the invention of the car.

Anything before that was just a series of increasingly elaborately dressed neanderthals beating the poo poo out of each other.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Recorded history begins in 1776 and what could be called civilization didn't start until the invention of the car.

Anything before that was just a series of increasingly elaborately dressed neanderthals beating the poo poo out of each other.

1776 was the start point things didn't get real till we got real guns in the civil war

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

iNFUSiON posted:

Here?

Yeah if you hit someone's car they promise you they will give you a ticket. You fight one they offer another. Get a lawyer when this happens and make it a non moving violation.

Manslaughter is a hell of a sentence 10 years iirc, same as Murder 2 in some situations (like some local guy who shot some guy stealing his running car out of the driveway, not guilty, but would have been 10 years). Sure it's easier to explain manslaughter than murder but a criminal record is some serious poo poo not to mention cost of representation and prison. (what are the rules for having somebody else pay these anyway? I think said local guy got the city to pay his attorney's fees b/c not guilty, although the city wouldn't pay the asking price. Seriously though do you sue for the cost of representation or?)

Attorneys fees are very, very, rarely paid for in America.

Even if you get off the charge(s) you are likely $10,000 or more in the hole, and possibly still down a car. Or you could chance it with an overworked, drug and booze addled public defender lol.

For most people this means a trip to the poor house (streets)

lol oh yeah and there's probably civil suits from the dudes family next!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Magneto would be good at race cars cause he could stop all the other cars w/ magnetism

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Throwdini posted:

Could be murder 2 depending on what intent the prosecution feels good about proving.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Tony stewart murdered a man.

But this time he didn't.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

He's smiling because he knows he'll get away with it

plus he's got a taste for it now. murder that is. Tony Stewart won't stop at just one

I'm hoping.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!
Or for non rich nascar drivers:

Moridin920 posted:

Could be murder 2 depending on whether or not the prosecution thinks you own a suit.

Wish I was joking, I worked in a place where the judge "jokingly" said anyone who shows up to court not in a suit is already guilty in his mind. He's a fat old white guy, as I'm sure you already pictured.

We have a good justice system.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Yeah hes guilty. Guilty of being WAY TOO INTO his sketti.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Gutcruncher posted:

lmao we should not let retarded people drive NASCARS.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Wish I was joking, I worked in a place where the judge "jokingly" said anyone who shows up to court not in a suit is already guilty in his mind. He's a fat old white guy, as I'm sure you already pictured.

We have a good justice system.

Unfortunately true.

Man I see people in the courthouse with sneakers, shorts, and a t-shirt on sometimes though, it's like they aren't even trying.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

Unfortunately true.

Man I see people in the courthouse with sneakers, shorts, and a t-shirt on sometimes though, it's like they aren't even trying.

i show up in the cheapest shittiest clothes i can for jury duty so i go home early or dismissed. Also don't wash your court clothes.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I watched that video. Dude walks onto a active racetrack, at nigh, wearing black. Tony Steward should be charged with raising the average IQ of the human race.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 20, 2014

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Gutcruncher posted:

his knees weak arms are heavy

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Gutcruncher posted:

lmao

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

dontcareaboutname posted:

i show up in the cheapest shittiest clothes i can for jury duty so i go home early or dismissed. Also don't wash your court clothes.
i just let the freshly tattooed friend of the family DEATH on my forehead do the talking

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

You should serve on a jury. It's a good thing to do and you can literally decide the case yourself.

Influencing the rest of a jury is super loving easy. It is down right scary, "I don't know guys, I don't think we should ruin his life over this." Bam. Saved a dude.

Just think you could have helped some guy get off on bullshit drug charges or something and made a bunch of jerkoff cops and rear end in a top hat prosecutors mad.

I wish I could do jury duty every loving day.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Seriously only a fuckin moron would walk into a raceway or a highway so they deserve death.

Clearly the 1000 HP cars with tinyassed wheels and no visibility on a mud track should easily have been able to swerve around the yahoo jumping around the course.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cesar Cedeno posted:

You should serve on a jury. It's a good thing to do and you can literally decide the case yourself.

Influencing the rest of a jury is super loving easy. It is down right scary, "I don't know guys, I don't think we should ruin his life over this." Bam. Saved a dude.

Just think you could have helped some guy get off on bullshit drug charges or something and made a bunch of jerkoff cops and rear end in a top hat prosecutors mad.

I wish I could do jury duty every loving day.

I got jury duty in the mail, I'm gonna do it for that reason.

At the very least you can force a mistrial.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

-Tony Stewart

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
last two court cases i almost got on jury for were both estimated by the judge to be 3 weeks minimum, gently caress that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fyodor posted:

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

-Tony Stewart

Tony Stewart: Bunghole Hunter

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Moridin920 posted:

I got jury duty in the mail, I'm gonna do it for that reason.

At the very least you can force a mistrial.

You're doing gods work my son.

iNFUSiON
May 1, 2005
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
~ Robert A. Heinlein

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Attorneys fees are very, very, rarely paid for in America.

Depressing

last two court cases i almost got on jury for were both estimated by the judge to be 3 weeks minimum, gently caress that.

Don't they pay you for service plus transportation? I don't remember if they also pay for like missed work or whatever, probably not but w/e

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

iNFUSiON posted:

Here?

killing someone for taking your property actually is criminal though. you can only use deadly force to protect life not property, dude deserved to go to jail.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

iNFUSiON posted:

Depressing

Don't they pay you for service plus transportation? I don't remember if they also pay for like missed work or whatever, probably not but w/e

i'm not going to sit on a trolley for 3 hours a day to sit in court, if i drove it'd cost more gas than i get paid for.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bip Roberts posted:

Clearly the 1000 HP cars with tinyassed wheels and no visibility on a mud track should easily have been able to swerve around the yahoo jumping around the course.

no see the car in front of him with the bigass wing saw him so he should have seen him too

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

iNFUSiON posted:

They give you some money I think but it's like $20 a day. If you're missing a lot of work it's probably not worth it.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

iNFUSiON posted:

Depressing

$10 per day.

vvv Only if a case can be made that you made an effort to avoid them or that there was simply no way to avoid them. After seeing the footage, I don't see how anyone could make that case for Tony Stewart.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 20, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

the law actually backs you up on this

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Only got jury duty once, and there was only one case that week.
It pleaded out the moment a group went for selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they wil let you change the day of your summons change it to be a friday before a holiday weekend.

• Locked thread