Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

kwinkles posted:

i am not having any of that 68LC0x0 no fpu bs though

and definitely not the EC series with no FPU or MMU

I'm still irrationally mad that the 68040 MMU only does 4KB/8KB pages, the 68030 was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

all acorns are/were awesome.

Palm level of awesome.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jerry Cotton posted:

i really want a sam coupe

sometimes i look at sams and bbc micros on ebay, but they always sell for way more than i want to pay for a computer i'll play with for three days and then put in a cupboard and never use again

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

sometimes i look at sams and bbc micros on ebay, but they always sell for way more than i want to pay for a computer i'll play with for three days and then put in a cupboard and never use again

same but also dreamcasts

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jerry Cotton posted:

same but also dreamcasts

that seaman game where you could talk to sea man

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kwinkles posted:

that seaman game where you could talk to sea man

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't know what to do with my knowledge of that game I don't want to play it actually :smith:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eschaton posted:

and definitely not the EC series with no FPU or MMU

I'm still irrationally mad that the 68040 MMU only does 4KB/8KB pages, the 68030 was awesome

I had an 020

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't know what to do with my knowledge of that game I don't want to play it actually :smith:

just find an LP of it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruby got Railed posted:

just find an LP of it

i actually just watched the Classic Gay Room review, that was enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

I had an 020

68030 > 68020, the 020's need for a separate PMMU adds a wait state

also the 030 has both instruction and data cache

and I think it's even pin compatible (or at least mostly so, for design purposes)

I guess what I'm saying is 68k best architecture, 68030 best chip even if the 040 was faster (and lol 060)

• Locked thread