Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't have much of a choice of what's on TV where I work, so I get to watch the Travel Channel for 10 hours every day. For a while I hated it but now I totally love the show Man vs Food. The host has the personality of a stool, but for some reason I can't but help love these huge rear end dishes he gets to eat.

Same thing happened to me with American Pickers. I despise the history channel and all their bullshit non history related shows, but after my girlfriend made me sit through endless episodes of it I started to actually enjoy toe jam and earl picking through old guys garages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the host of MvF actually owns. the show is pretty good to have on for BG noise or to have on while cooking, but i mostly have mad respect for adam. he actually worked out like crazy, lost of lot of weight, and no beef about defending himself.

i'll agree that american pickers was surprisingly decent when i expected it to suck, but the problem is it's still an obviously staged picker show so it kinda ruins some of the fun once you watch it knowing it's all recreated. also the guys are obviously gay but iirc they had to keep brining up MAH WIFE

i guess for me, broad city.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 21, 2014

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sex

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
extreme ice road pawning crab fishers of alaska

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Breaking Bad, since the title suggests the show itself is bad. But it turns out the title is only half-right since it's good yet the characters still do a lot of breaking things.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
b.j. and the bear

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Blossom

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Orange is the New Black was actually amazing and I marathoned both seasons.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

the host of MvF actually owns

I mean he's better than the Zimmerman guy who hosts Bizarre Foods. But I wouldn't say he "owns"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Punky Brewster

it resonates strongly within my maudlin heart and soul

naem
May 29, 2011

I rented a room for a couple months and got free cable from the homeowners and the only channel was 24 hour bull riding and bear hunting, the weirdest best combo ever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Windows 98 posted:

I mean he's better than the Zimmerman guy who hosts Bizarre Foods. But I wouldn't say he "owns"

counterpoint: exhibit A

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
sopranos

wait no i actually dont like it

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I thought Danny Devito was going to ruin always sunny in philadelphia but holy poo poo how wrong I was.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought i would hate anime, but actually all anime owned

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought I would hate The Shield because I'm really sick of dirty cop shows, but it's extremely entertaining, also im gay...

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

sopranos

wait no i actually dont like it

av/ post combo!

E: nvm you just got your av changed...

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
How I Met Your Mother :suicide:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

counterpoint: exhibit A

I stand corrected. I guess he is pretty cool. My bad.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
my friend ironically recommended sherlock 4 me 2 watch on the flix bu jokes on him i like it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Face Off and to a much lesser extent Kitchen Nightmares are two of the only reality shows I've ever enjoyed, and I loving hate reality shows.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Eureka on the SyFy network

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a bone to pick posted:

I thought I would hate The Shield because I'm really sick of dirty cop shows, but it's extremely entertaining, also im gay...

gently caress me do i need to watch that whole show in its entirety. and yeah initially i thought the concept was completely retarded until i watched like 2-3 episodes in a row when i was stoned and had nothing else better to do and yeah i thought it was p f-ing great and wtached the last 3 seasons or so.

edit for content:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 21, 2014

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Comic Book Men minus Kevin Smith with all his fake fakeness.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
impractical jokers

I usually don't like hidden camera shows but holy moley some of the episodes (esp. first season) are incredible, I was in tears watching some of them

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

How I Met Your Mother :suicide:

Same. :suicide::respek::suicide:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

gently caress me do i need to watch that whole show in its entirety. and yeah initially i thought the concept was completely retarded until i watched like 2-3 episodes in a row when i was stoned and had nothing else better to do and yeah i thought it was p f-ing great and wtached the last 3 seasons or so.

edit for content:

you watched the first 3 episodes and then the last 3 seasons????

I don't think a slur has been created for people like you yet.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a bone to pick posted:

you watched the first 3 episodes and then the last 3 seasons????

I don't think a slur has been created for people like you yet.

it because it was like 2004 and netflix wasnt even around yet, and TV still wasnts considered a serious artform...but i seriously have all the seasons sitting around on burnt dvd within 25ft of me. i also havent watched any of Arrested Development beyond the first season so give me ur best show (ok ill plead guilty to simply being a bad human being, but thats it)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Parks and Recreation.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
700 Club, those folks really know their stuff!

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

impractical jokers

I usually don't like hidden camera shows but holy moley some of the episodes (esp. first season) are incredible, I was in tears watching some of them

o ya this. also wsatch nathan for you if yoyu want to see some comedy genius

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Naked and afraid, thx goons for that one

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Orange is the New Black
Parks and Recreation narrowly. First season is pretty poo poo.
Kitchen Nightmares. I know it's all faked and staged but for anyone who has ever worked in the food industry they're all plausible scenarios.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Oysters

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

30 rock, since i think tina fey wrote on snl while it sucked? also tracy morgan (who i now love)

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Star Trek:Deep Space 9

Growing up I was never into Star Trek. Everything was just too perfect,as in "Hey guys we don't need money or war or Obamacare anymore, we just like to improve ourselves since we don't have anything to worry about anymore" which I always found to be boring. But then Spike started running it about 10 years ago and it was the only thing on during that time slot so I just left it on in the background while I was doing other things. Then one day they showed "In Pale Moonlight" and I was blown away by the story. This is not the Star Trek I knew, it was dark and gritty with lots of shades of grey. No longer was morality all black and white in the Federation. I ended up DVRing the series and loved it. I'm still not really into any other Star Trek shows but DS9 owns.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

idk

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

lupin the iii

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Broad City and Bob's Burgers.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
american dad, saw the pilot then ignored it for 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I thought I'd hate The Strain after the terrible pilot but I'm kind of into it now. I guess having Under the Dome as a reference point of actual godawful television helps keep things in perspective.

• Locked thread