Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
So what happens if they run out of juice?

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the guys got completely sidetracked and kept forgetting to get that citrus lump for the next two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I've seen the game over screen for Pikmin 3 and all I will say is that it is not as macabre as the first game's game over screen was.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Did you guys forget about Louie?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Look they're trying their best okay. At least they're exploring the right area this time! :v:

El Tortango
Apr 29, 2006

El Tortango es una tortuga y un mango.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Give me one more platinum medal and gently caress fruit, you can have it back
So where's all the Hocotatians at
It's like a jungle in this habitat
But all you savage cats
Know that I was strapped with gats
While you were cuddling a Cabbage Patch

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say
But nothin' comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch'a gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Louie

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh, okay.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Both the Pikmin 3 demo and the short video collection are available now! The demo is free and will let you transfer your progress to the main game; the videos are being sold as a $5 bundle for either 3DS or Wii U and the total runtime is about 20 minutes.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Day 22 -- Dune was a book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGE4FG11DU

We spend waste more time laying down the groundwork to clear paths and build the blue pot. It's staggering how much more we get done when we go into the day with a game plan. Maybe we should do that more often? idk.

Don't even start with me about throwing away the rock pikmin. He would have died anyway because of my apparent short-term memory loss issues!!

Also, hang tight, because after this video, poo poo goes off the rails REAL QUICK. We open a bottle of sake, and my house kind of gets broken into during recording. I even forgot to stop recording Day 23 before Day 24 started, so I need to cut the video real quick before I upload them later this week.

Video of us dissecting a persimmon (Portable Sunset)/Grant destroying my lamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YTS-nJMgY

Larger thumbnail: thumb

zfleeman fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 6, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Very impressive day (even if you didn't kill the crawmad). I eagerly await seeing how all this goes wrong, particularly the break in ????

That persimmon video was pretty neat too and now I want to eat one.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

...particularly the break in ????

I'm being overly dramatic, don't worry.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

One Pikmin dies.

And it's black. what a surprise.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVe_4UVhEE

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
According to Google the 'searing acidshock' is a Japanese fruit called an ume. :eng101:

...you guys are still the absolute worst at identifying fruit but I'll let you off the hook on that one.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
searing acidshock is probably a good way to describe that aphex track as well

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Surely you should be thanking Grant for breaking into your house and breaking your lamp, Zach.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Just bought a sack full o' persimmons thanks to you guys. Didn't know what I was missing out on - I'd not been too keen on them ever since I bought a pack of soft ones after mistaking them for tomatoes, but the hard ones are all kinds of tasty.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So a good way of handling those zesty juice spray berries is to throw 2 or 3 Pikmin at the berries and then forget about them and move on.

They'll take the berries back to the ship and then return to the plant and chill there until the berries grow back. Of which they will take down and bring back to the ship. And so on, until the end of the day, where those 2 or 3 Pikmin die because you totally forgot about them and only have 3 seconds left in the day.

On another subject altogether, with this being a somewhat blind playthrough and knowing what is about to come up, the next few videos should be pretty drat entertaining, even if you hadn't been drinking the warm sake.

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

Veloxyll posted:

One Pikmin dies.

And it's black. what a surprise.

El Tortango
Apr 29, 2006

El Tortango es una tortuga y un mango.

Samovar posted:

Surely you should be thanking Grant for breaking into your house and breaking your lamp, Zach.

That's what I said!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

When Brittany said that she noticed Blue Pikmin can swim, she didn't just mean that they can survive and walk underwater. She meant that when they fight underwater enemies, they actually swim up alongside them to attack instead of grabbing on like with land enemies.
This means you can charge swimming enemies with Blumin instead of having to throw them, like you can do to flying enemies with Wingmin.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Gruckles posted:

When Brittany said that she noticed Blue Pikmin can swim, she didn't just mean that they can survive and walk underwater. She meant that when they fight underwater enemies, they actually swim up alongside them to attack instead of grabbing on like with land enemies.
This means you can charge swimming enemies with Blumin instead of having to throw them, like you can do to flying enemies with Wingmin.

Man, you're just like Aaron "The Eyes". Lookin' into 'how you should play the game' and whatnot. Adorable.

edit: hey, new fruits

zfleeman fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 7, 2014

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I just brought it up because I like the little detail of them swimming around as they attack, and it's hard to notice. It doesn't actually matter as a gameplay mechanic. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like how since Olimar had already discovered and classfied the Insect Condo in Pikmin 2, the Koppaites' computer has data about it recorded... even though presumably this one isn't infested with insects like the one Olimar found.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Blonde Impostor has the best description.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I have to admit, the people writing this stuff is a hell of a lot better than I was expecting.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wanna meet that Auntie Bea.

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe
I don't remember if these were ever identified, but the Seed Hive is a papaya, and the Pocked Airhead is a tangelo.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Okay, here goes:

Day 23 -- Sweet Jesus, It's Day 23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loQHmgfOBSU

The sake started flowin' while our Bluemin kept a-growin'... and then Alph hung out in a puddle while the boss nearly killed all of our Bluemin.

And no, nobody has played Silent Hill 2, Grant. I like how that conversation just dropped. I wonder what he was going to say.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Wanna meet that Auntie Bea.
This just made me think of the Andy Griffith show.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Bye bye blues :(

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

OH MY GOD.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

this_LP.gif

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was karma for your unrepentant attempted murder of that one rockmin.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can redo days

You're allowed to go back and redo days

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

You can redo days

You're allowed to go back and redo days

The bluemin narrowly avoided being crushed by a frog, only to live on to be crushed by a walking island.
It was their fate. If they had survived then something even worse would've just happened to them the next day.

Don't mess with fate and trying to change the past.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gruckles posted:

The bluemin narrowly avoided being crushed by a frog, only to live on to be crushed by a walking island.
It was their fate. If they had survived then something even worse would've just happened to them the next day.

Don't mess with fate and trying to change the past.

But but

All they would've needed to do is NOT SEND A CAPTAIN DIRECTLY INTO THE BATTLE ZONE

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The best part is how ~27 blue pikmin is about how many they had before they started deliberately trying to farm blue pikmin in the last 2 days :v:

Right back where you started in a single moment.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Ometeotl posted:

That was karma for your unrepentant attempted murder of that one rockmin.

It's not attempted when someone actually gets murdered. That's just straight up murder.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was beautiful, voted 5.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Check out those Pikmin shorts everyone. There's a Pikmin 3 demo on the eShop too if you're still on the fence too.
I'm pretty excited to see what you decided to do the next day to ... recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

So it's that one part from There Will Be Brawl made canon? I need to watch these things…

• Locked thread