Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

prefect posted:

alternatively, you could work "sikh gains" in there somewhere, maybe

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sikhs aren't muslim though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

qirex posted:

no, more racism in YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Please don't post my picture without asking first.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

Please don't post my picture without asking first.

jihad me

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cold on a Cob posted:

jihad me at hello

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

no, more racism in YOSPOS

No. MORE racism in YOSPOS!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Rivethead posted:

No. MORE racism in YOSPOS!

tbh i'd probably prefer the racism over the awful puns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Proteus4994 posted:

tbh i'd probably prefer the racism over the awful puns

no need to go around haramphing about it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

prefect posted:

lold irl

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

nigga crab pollock posted:

i acnt remember where i read the article or what it was even about but there was a mention of islamic extremists are mostly young males who are underemployed, underachieving, have a poor cultural background and who have a chip on their shoulder

basically the same type of people that become lone gunmen

this is wrong, they're not underachievers. Aum Shinrikyo was entirely peopled by high-achieving scientists, the kind of people who could make sarin gas but also the kind of people who would use it on a packed subway. Ayman al-Zawahiri was a respected medical doctor from a middle-class family. the lowest level of fighters in this latest jihadi campaign may be uneducated on the whole, but it is not ignorance that causes people to turn to terrorism and Islamic extremism

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
p sure forbidding access to terrorists actually violates the OSI foundational principles

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what if the software just set the evil bit on their packets?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

hail cat satan

what's everyone's diaspora* user name? I'm bgates69420 add me :thumbsup:

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qntm posted:

the reason a suicide bomber blows himself up is never the same as the reason his handlers want him to do it

this is pretty common knowledge but bears repeating

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

see, that would have been funny and accurate

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blackula69 posted:

this is wrong, they're not underachievers. Aum Shinrikyo was entirely peopled by high-achieving scientists, the kind of people who could make sarin gas but also the kind of people who would use it on a packed subway. Ayman al-Zawahiri was a respected medical doctor from a middle-class family. the lowest level of fighters in this latest jihadi campaign may be uneducated on the whole, but it is not ignorance that causes people to turn to terrorism and Islamic extremism

except aum shinrikyo was a cult and while im not an expert i dont think theyre very comprable to islamic militants??

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

qirex posted:

kreiderpost time

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

except aum shinrikyo was a cult and while im not an expert i dont think theyre very comprable to islamic militants??

so one group of like-minded and weak-willed people controlled by a small group of charismatic leaders who control every aspect of their lives and push them to extremism is different from another? ISIL is different (mostly because of their recruitment of the dregs of the ex-saddam bureaucracy) but most terror groups are pretty similar, regardless of creed or religion.

like can you explain to me in what important way al-qaeda differs from aum shinrikyo? al-qaeda is really just a nihilistic utopian death cult, when you think about it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Blackula69 posted:

so one group of like-minded and weak-willed people controlled by a small group of charismatic leaders who control every aspect of their lives and push them to extremism is different from another? ISIL is different (mostly because of their recruitment of the dregs of the ex-saddam bureaucracy) but most terror groups are pretty similar, regardless of creed or religion.

like can you explain to me in what important way al-qaeda differs from aum shinrikyo? al-qaeda is really just a nihilistic utopian death cult, when you think about it

al Qaeda and other Islamic extremist groups have a huge worldwide base of non-members who agree with their goals, sponsor them financially, and defend them in the media and politically. they also have vast popular support in some areas in which they operate. most death cults do not share this.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

The Management posted:

al Qaeda and other Islamic extremist groups have a huge worldwide base of non-members who agree with their goals, sponsor them financially, and defend them in the media and politically. they also have vast popular support in some areas in which they operate. most death cults do not share this.

you know how i'm an rear end in a top hat on the internet? i just typed a really condescending thing and deleted it because this isn't the time.

don't ever suggest or imply for one second that al-qaeda reflects the interests, beliefs, or wishes of any muslim or any significant part of the Islamic world. they are a fanatical death cult for which islam is nothing more than a framework, their warped version of the prophet's words (koran quote time: Do not kill yourself!") acting only as a convenient vehicle for their paradigm of hate. there is no huge worldwide base of support (financial or otherwise) for al-qaeda in practice, and there never really was even before 9/11. if you are suggesting that ISIL (a significantly different beast in makeup and ideology than even al-qaeda in iraq, let alone al-qaeda proper [which is essentially dead and has been for years]) enjoys massive popular support then you have zero idea what is going on in Iraq and Syria right now.

the complexities of internecine tribal warfare aside, it's important to remember: most people want to be left alone. the people of iraq are just like you. nobody wants mass executions and torture, it's not like ISIL is running in any elections. indeed, when given the choice middle eastern countries have almost consistently voted for moderate Islamist government - no more (and in some cases less) extreme than the Christian governments in America.

your post is really, really wrong and supposes some sort of worldwide network of sympathizers of Islamic terror. that couldn't be further from the truth. nobody likes al-qaeda. they're the real assholes.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Blackula69 posted:

you know how i'm an rear end in a top hat on the internet? i just typed a really condescending thing and deleted it because this isn't the time.

don't ever suggest or imply for one second that al-qaeda reflects the interests, beliefs, or wishes of any muslim or any significant part of the Islamic world. they are a fanatical death cult for which islam is nothing more than a framework, their warped version of the prophet's words (koran quote time: Do not kill yourself!") acting only as a convenient vehicle for their paradigm of hate. there is no huge worldwide base of support (financial or otherwise) for al-qaeda in practice, and there never really was even before 9/11. if you are suggesting that ISIL (a significantly different beast in makeup and ideology than even al-qaeda in iraq, let alone al-qaeda proper [which is essentially dead and has been for years]) enjoys massive popular support then you have zero idea what is going on in Iraq and Syria right now.

the complexities of internecine tribal warfare aside, it's important to remember: most people want to be left alone. the people of iraq are just like you. nobody wants mass executions and torture, it's not like ISIL is running in any elections. indeed, when given the choice middle eastern countries have almost consistently voted for moderate Islamist government - no more (and in some cases less) extreme than the Christian governments in America.

your post is really, really wrong and supposes some sort of worldwide network of sympathizers of Islamic terror. that couldn't be further from the truth. nobody likes al-qaeda. they're the real assholes.

I didn't read any of this post because you're literally retarded IRL.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Blackula69 posted:

this is a good post

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Blackula69 posted:

you know how

ha ha , yeha !

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

I didn't read any of this post because you're literally retarded IRL.

blackula

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

ty for letting me know that tori is still obsessed with me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
guys is islam a race? just asking for no reason, out of curiosity.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

rotor posted:

is lam? more like is cool.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

islam isnt a race, it's a journey, brother

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you know why ISIS hasn't invaded Turkey yet?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

you know why ISIS hasn't invaded Turkey yet?

because there's Kurds in their way!!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

because there's Kurds in their way!!!

:xd:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Blackula69 posted:

something a journalism major actually believes

• Locked thread