Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
From two match points to doubling twice in a row at deuce in the next game - I want Fed to win, but man, that's rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobat
Nov 26, 2008
hahahaha, this is the best match. Pure monfils

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

nachos posted:

gently caress yeah Roger

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

It's rough but Monfils is full of crazy. Anything can happen with him. Remember how he battled back against Murray at the French Open only to play pathetically and get bageled in the fifth?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I genuinely feel sorry for all the people watching football right now instead of this thriller.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
I love Monfils so much, I hope he can win this last set

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
Roger was flaccid the first 2 sets, worked himself up to a half-chub in the 3rd and 4th, and now he's about to pull out the footlong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ok, thread title is probably safe... for now

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Sodium Chloride posted:

It's rough but Monfils is full of crazy. Anything can happen with him. Remember how he battled back against Murray at the French Open only to play pathetically and get bageled in the fifth?

We might just get a repeat fifth set performance!

Probably not, but that would be funny.

foobat
Nov 26, 2008
it's close to impossible for Monfils to recover from 2 match points and double double faulting at 5 all

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
lmao Monfils

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
That was an interesting shot selection there, Monfils.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Monfils: :effort:

ssbbud
Jan 2, 2014
Wow, Federer looked done in the second set. Poor Monfils, shine on you crazy diamond.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Time to bust out the crazy talk, that worked last match

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Federer just stylin now

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
consolation game point by Monfils. Time for one last coke, sweet prince

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Monfils really should have won. I feel bad for him. :smith:

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Monfils nearly ruined the U.S. Open giving Djokovic a free pass to another slam. He realized this and threw the match. Good for him taking one for the team.

soc10path
May 14, 2013
drat I missed the match. Was on the court preparing for the fall league starting up on Saturday. Looks like it's going to be a rematch of Wimbledon assuming no upsets. My money is on Fed taking it home in the end.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
monfils pulls a monfils :cry:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
That match :aaaaa:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Peng Shuai cramping in her semifinal match.

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.
So now you can take medical timeouts in the middle of a game after 10 minutes of "evaluation" in which they were clearly treating her? This seems fairly ridiculous. I understand it's a semifinal and no one wants to see it decided by cramping, but this seems unfair to Wozniacki to stop during a break point for that long.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well, there's the retirement. drat. Maybe the DJ shouldn't be playing music right now as someone's getting into a wheelchair

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Rooting for Wozniacki like there is no tomorrow. Channel your rage! You can doooo iiit.

Also, I enjoyed this essay on the line judges at the US Open:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/25/sports/tennis/at-the-us-open-they-know-the-ins-and-outs.html?_r=1

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
[quote="Courtney Nguyen
@FortyDeuceTwits"]
Peng has no recollection of being down on the court the 2nd time. Doesn’t remember actually retiring, doesn’t remember Woz coming over.
[/quote]

:drat:

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

So she had like a stroke or a seizure or something?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sounds like a concussion, time to set up a blue ribbon panel to investigate.

(That actually sounds awful, it must have been heatstroke? Bouchard looked like she was having similar problems in her last match too)

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, Eurosport reported that it was heat stroke. How the gently caress could they let her back out on court? She was smiling and laughing in the press room hours later though, so thats good.

Sooo who thinks Kei has a chance to win today? The odds for him to win are ridiculous, I'm tempted to put a small bet on the moneyline.

EDIT it's getting hard to breathe just by watching this. Even hotter today in NY than yesterday.

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 6, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

As well as Nishikori is playing at the moment Djokovic can only go up from here.

I do have a little bet on Nishikori. I think the wind and heat/humidity will annoy Djokovic more.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kei really really should have beat Nadal earlier this year, and even though Nadal clearly wasn't at his best, I think it's not a foregone conclusion at all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Place a bet for Nishikori going up two sets, Djokovic fighting back to even it out, then Nishikori taking an MTO in the fifth set

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Christopher Clarey @christophclarey posted:

Fastest serve speed
Djoko 122 mph
Nishikori 119 mph

Average serve speed
Djoko 110
Nishikori 106

Numbers closer than you might expect

Yep, that was closer than I would have thought. Just one ace for Kei so far though.

EDIT goddamn that passing shot by Kei!!

And he serves for the set now :yayclod:

EDIT2 DF on BP :smithcloud:

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 6, 2014

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
C'mon Nishi!

Was shocked at his Top 10 player defeats this year alone:

code:
# 	Player 	Rank 	Event 	Surface 	Rd 	Score 	                              Nishikori Rank
10. 	Spain David Ferrer 	4 	Miami 	Hard 	4R 	7–6(9–7), 2–6, 7–6(11–9)      	    21
11. 	Switz Roger Federer 	5 	Miami 	Hard 	QF 	3–6, 7–5, 6–4     	            21
12. 	Canada Milos Raonic 	9 	Madrid 	Clay 	3R 	7–6(7–5), 7–6(7–5) 	            12
13. 	Spain David Ferrer 	5 	Madrid 	Clay 	SF 	7–6(7–5), 5–7, 6–3 	            12
14. 	Canada Milos Raonic 	6 	US Open	Hard 	4R 	4–6, 7–6(7–4), 6–7(6–8), 7–5, 6–4   11
15. 	Switz Stan Wawrinka 	4 	US Open	Hard 	QF 	3–6, 7–5, 7–6(9–7), 6–7(5–7), 6–4   11
Edit: Woo, Nishi up 2-1

Hirez fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 6, 2014

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
This it not the time to DF Kei.....

EDIT :parrot:

Djoko still huge favourite odds wise. Damnit, I can't hedge my bet on Kei when he is one set from the final! :argh:

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 6, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Holy poo poo. C'mon Kei!

Djokovic shows his on court anger against Murray wasn't a one off. He looks super pissed. The crowd cheering for the Nishikori isn't going to help either.

e: Djokovic is serving like poo poo again, like he did against Murray for 20 minutes or so.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 6, 2014

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
COME ON.

Nishikori's definitely my favorite of the up-and-comers.

edit: I mean they're already 'here', but you know.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

I do have a little bet on Nishikori. I think the wind and heat/humidity will annoy Djokovic more.

Are you gonna hedge? I can't decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssbbud
Jan 2, 2014
God drat I had to go out during the second set and expected a Djokovic victory by the time I got back. I'd love to see Nishikori win it all. His run this tournament has been really great. C'mon :unsmith:

• Locked thread