Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
organ donor
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Chinatown posted:

lol if anyone ends up with my liver

same. 15 years of boozin' has got to make mine harder than titanium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dude, that song was like, on constant rotation on my stereo for like 5 years. That's my jam.

Anywho, yes, yes, a thousand times yes I'm an organ donor. You see, I'm also a recipient. I've received three kidney transplants in the last 15 years, and several blood transfusions. I'm currently on dialysis again, but every single one of you that marked yes is truly and seriously my hero, and I'm in no way joking. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Those talking about having diseases and whatnot, you can still donate, just not to everyone. For instance, Zapper, you could donate organs to someone who already had hepatitis, as the logic now is what could you do, give them MORE hepatitis? Also, if you know someone that needs a transplant and you're not a match, you can still be a donor, contact their coordinator. Now major hospitals do "donation chains" where it works like this: Say Jim needs a kidney, but his friend Tom isn't a match. Tom however is a match for Laura, and her friend Kathy is a match for Jim. Well if Tom donates to Laura, Kathy will donate to Jim, and everyone wins. Also, say Jim doesn't have a match in the system and is on the waiting list, well if Tom donates to someone that is, Jim will get bumped up to the top of the list for his sacrifice.

Bottom line though, I know pretty much everything about the kidney portion at least of the transplant game at this point, AMA.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hobohemian posted:

I don't think it's opt-out in any state because every time they try to do it religious people throw a shitfit.

republicans own. jesus saves lives (from donating organs) :c00lbert:

dont worry, once all the babby bombers start dying of various organ failures, they'll be all pro opt-out

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I got an "organ" to donate.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TOILETLORD posted:

I got an "organ" to donate.

About loving time.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Yeah, I don't need them if I'm dead

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Whys you kill 3 kidneys with your poisonous body??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NihilismNow posted:

No, i don't want doctors to be all "eh this car accident really hosed this guy up, oh what's that a donor card? Free organs and i get to go home early, score!"

i really want to be but I've just been hosed over by people too many times to not be paranoid about this

MrQwerty posted:

I am still an organ donor because I think it is the right thing to do, but my mom worked for NM Donor Services for 5 years and took her donor off because of the mismanagement she was privy to as an admin. I'd hope that's just because NM is a thoroughly incompetent state.

see what I mean

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Whys you kill 3 kidneys with your poisonous body??

The first one was a live donation from my father and lasted 8 years, which was pretty good for transplants in 99. The second, well I ran out of insurance money because or nation's health care is completely and inextricably broken. The third well, turns out my body is kinda poisonous. I now have been diagnosed with a condition in that the lining of my blood vessels rejected the perfect match transplant. It's so very rare that in my top five in the nation health care network, there's only one other person with this condition. There's no cure presently, so I'm just stuck with awful health and a noose around my neck, going to dialysis three times a week for four hours at a time.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
however regarding whoever actually gets my organs should the inevitable occur...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrHH1BDlzk

can u donate a pennis for real though? imagine a johnson being tossed around with a service life of close to 100 years (with the occasional overhaul of course) just like a KC-135 Stratotanker of course minus the wings, engines, and full of sperm instead of jet fuel.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 22, 2014

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hemophilia posted:

Why would you volunteer yourself to be used in other people. gently caress that.

Dead goony ghost posted:

Well well, part of my body finally ended up in :siren:A GIRL:siren: and she likes it even!

Every night you go to sleep and your consciousness disappears. In the morning it reforms, but with all your same memories and experiences so thankfully it's almost exactly the same...

Makes u think

What get the gently caress outta here even when ur sleeping you still know your alive
the only thing I know of that's like that is blacking the gently caress out or getting knocked out in surgery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
yes, unless i opt out which i wont

condolences to whoever gets my lovely organs

congratulations if you get my dick

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

What get the gently caress outta here even when ur sleeping you still know your alive
the only thing I know of that's like that is blacking the gently caress out or getting knocked out in surgery

im gay

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
No, because I choose to be a selfish prick and if you really want to harvest my organs, well then pay me and not let my "donation" make others rich hth

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

im a butt donor

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Choco1980 posted:

The first one was a live donation from my father and lasted 8 years, which was pretty good for transplants in 99. The second, well I ran out of insurance money because or nation's health care is completely and inextricably broken. The third well, turns out my body is kinda poisonous. I now have been diagnosed with a condition in that the lining of my blood vessels rejected the perfect match transplant. It's so very rare that in my top five in the nation health care network, there's only one other person with this condition. There's no cure presently, so I'm just stuck with awful health and a noose around my neck, going to dialysis three times a week for four hours at a time.

What do you do for 4 hours O.O

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
im a organ donor but lol at whoever gets my pills and cocaine soaked organs its gonna be like buying a new car only to find out too late down the line that its actually refurbished and was the scene of a double homicide

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
man i hope if my eyes get donated that theyre HAUNTED eyes like that one movie w/ jennifer love hewitt

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
When the obamanation takes over this is what'll happen to all those naïve organ donors:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aclS1pGHp8o

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

What do you do for 4 hours O.O

Sleep, watch TV (there's one at each chair most places these days) I browse the net w/ my phone or play on a DS or whatever. You don't get much arm mobility but that's really the only drawback. That, and the huge needles in your arm recirculating your blood, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No. You don't deserve my organs.

• Locked thread