Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The Book Barn > The Bible: The Alpha And Omega Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I know King James only commissioned that version of the Bible, but can I just say as an aside, that he was also (probably) actually a really decent writer himself? The Kingis Quair is an absolutely wonderful bit of Scottish poetry.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Haha, oops. I made a mistake.

I confused the "I" in King James VI & I's title as reference to him being King James I of Scotland, and thus the person attributed with writing The Kingis Quair. He's not, because he is actually James VI of Scotland and James I of England. Rookie mistake, and I feel silly for making.

Still, yeah, The Kingis Quair is a really great example of Middle Scots poetry. It's worth taking the time to learn a little Middle Scots (not hard at all if you're comfortable with English), because it's an incredibly fun poem to read aloud.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
All I now is that this thread shout really be renamed to "The Bible - The Alpha And Omegathread

• Locked thread