Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Endorph posted:

i dont know what this is
It's from a game called The Desolate Hope, which was made by Scott Cawthon. Cawthon's video games are more notable for their detailed, otherworldly, slightly off-putting pre-rendered 3D graphics than they are for their gameplay, but even the gameplay for most of his games is alien enough that it makes them stand out for me. I'd hesitate to call his games... good, exactly, but they're unique and memorable, and I tend to prefer that kind of thing over actual quality sometimes.

I never got the impression that his games were specifically Christian until that screenshot was posted in here, which prompted me to find this. In retrospect, though, it makes a weird kind of sense. Christian-focused children's entertainment has a certain bizarre style associated with it that's hard for me to put my finger on, the kind of thing that leads to TV specials revolving around the use of puppets, and I can see how that kind of thing would have had an influence on the designs that Cawthon likes to make.

It's been a while since I've been to his site, so the other discovery that screenshot prompted me to make was that Cawthon was apparently also responsible for Five Nights at Freddy's. This discovery also blows my mind while simultaneously making a lot of sense in retrospect. I now consider FNAF to be Christian entertainment and request that it be added to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread