Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoothsBeard
May 26, 2014
Welcome to the place where Gaming meets Godliness

What is this?

There is a very specific genre of game that is commonly sold not in electronics stores but in Christian Bookstores. These are games created specifically to cater to the religiously devout. Oftentimes they are unlicensed copies or hacks of other, more established game.

Why do these exist if they're often hacks?

Besides possibly fearing being struck by lightning many publishers do not wish to get the negative publicity that would be gained by going after a small religious publisher. Additionally the markets in which these games are sold do not carry competing products most of the time.

Are these any fun to play?

Probably not but they are much better for your soul than Call of Duty.

Why should I care? I'm not a Christian.

The process by which some of these games defeated early lockout chip technology is an interesting glimpse into the days when hardware manufacturers held a complete stranglehold over games (such as Nintendo). Additionally sometimes there are funny stories behind the games themselves and they can be amusing even to the heathen in a "Mystery Science Theater" fashion.

Come, let us discuss the games new and old that celebrate God's word. In addition to older cartridge games I invite discussion on newer RPG Maker, Game Maker and other creation engine games.

Thank you and God Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread