Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am he

i might have psoriasis, onm y scalp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

the hair cutter told me i might have psoriasis. because my scalp is dry.

i am he

im dying

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
RIP

Sleepy Sip

this is a hairy situation

bwatts

i thought i had that but it was headlice.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
his scalp was dry but my eyes are not

posting smiling
hair cut tips: a barber can tell you if you're sick and they're cheapre than a doctor. they can also talk about sports, to take your mind off your terminal illnes.

i am he

at least i can die with freshly cut hair

FluffieDuckie

I'll miss I am he :smithcloud:

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
did she use a blowdryer? if yes sue

posting smiling

i am he posted:

at least i can die with freshly cut hair

what style 'cut did you get?

i am he

Classicist posted:

hair cut tips: a barber can tell you if you're sick and they're cheapre than a doctor. they can also talk about sports, to take your mind off your terminal illnes.

i went to the hair cut place that lets me play spyro while they cut my hair. it helped i think, but only for a little bit.

Sleepy Sip

WetNightmare posted:

did she use a blowdryer? if yes sue

this is getting blown out of proportion

Pizzatime

Classicist posted:

i am he

Classicist posted:

normal style

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
do you wish she never told you about your terminal condition so you could live out your final days blissfully unaware?

posting smiling

i am he posted:

normal style

nice. i also get this style, because i don't know what the other ones are called and i don't want to embarrass myself at the barber shop.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

i have vitiligo in bits of my hair so i have a couple little patches of white hair

i make it work tho

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
do you use a cane now?

i am he

me: how bout this weather eh
barber: you might have psoriasis, your scalp is dry and red in some spots.
me: n-no. is it terminal?
barber: no
me: drat, thought i had an easy way out ha

i am he

Classicist posted:

nice. i also get this style, because i don't know what the other ones are called and i don't want to embarrass myself at the barber shop.

ask them to see the secret menu, and make a scissors motion with your hand. they'll know.

i am he

but seriously im dying. it is terminal.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

WetNightmare posted:

do you use a cane now?

i dont want to be white

bacalou

i am he posted:

i went to the hair cut place that lets me play spyro while they cut my hair. it helped i think, but only for a little bit.

wow!

i am he

humour is the only way i know how to deal with this news

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
psoriasis as a word sounds like it should be something better than dry red spots

i am he

i bought the special scalp sshampoo, maybe it will help. it probably wont.

i am he

let's just say, she didnt get a tip, and i snuck a couople of the magazines out. i feel like they owe me.

google THIS

Classicist posted:

this is a holdover from the days when barbers were literally also surgeons

they don't like to advertise it, but many shops will throw in a haircut for free if you go in for an appendectomy, it's cheaper than hospitals anyway and they accept all major insurance plans but every now and then some loose hairs will end up inside your body cavity. a small price to pay, really, for being able to look and feel good at the same time

tao of lmao

As a barber, it's incredibly difficult telling someone the life-altering news of their Psoriasis. Like, I only make 10-15 bucks a cut. Now imagine telling someone they have to get their life estate and affairs in order. You really think I'm gonna get a tip? I've got kids to feed, man.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
It might just be scabies :pray:

i am he

It's like, you just never think that psoriasis is going to happen to you.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
scalp awareness, bro

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Web MD posted:

People with severe psoriasis had a 50% increased risk of death compared with people without the inflammatory skin disease in a newly reported study.

Men with severe psoriasis died an average of 3.5 years earlier than men without the condition, while women with severe psoriasis died 4.4 years earlier than women without psoriasis.

Psoriasis is expected to kill 4 billion people worldwide in 2014

I'm so sorry... :ohdear:

i am he

:psoriasis:

Sleepy Sip

if only there was a way to spread awareness for this disease

what kind of bucket challenge is appropriate here? what do i need to dump on my head to cure your disease forums user i am he

Salmiakki

Sleepy Sip posted:

what kind of bucket challenge is appropriate here? what do i need to dump on my head to cure your disease forums user i am he

dozens of wigs

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Sleepy Sip posted:

Lube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

WebMD posted:

Talk to your barber or stylist and get an honest opinion

• Locked thread