Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Interesting question. DopeGhoti?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

Interesting question. DopeGhoti?

It's an OPG and Jeb's static is fairly tame. I'd say yes?

One more:

Edison Carter (Support) (2 LEA, 3 POL/TAC) Setup: Press Room - Titles as Leoben
Intrepid Reporter: When you start your turn in the same location as another player, draw one extra Skill Card from their skill set.
Max Headroom: [OPG] If you would be Airlocked, Executed, or otherwise killed, instead go to Sickbay and activate one undamaged location
Can't Help But Get Involved: If you have any skill cards in your hand when there is a Skill Check, you must contribute at least one card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Just say "executed." That covers everything.

SadBag
Jun 24, 2012

Something has gone very wrong for us to get to the point where Hot Dog is the admiral.

SadBag posted:

Jimmy McNulty

Support (1 POL, 1 LEA, 3 TAC) Start location: Research Lab Titles as Starbuck
Smartest man in the room: You may draw one additional card for every person in your location at the start of your turn.
Real Po-lice: Once per game, after all cards have been added to a skill check, reveal all cards and add up to two more cards to the check.
Self-Destructive: Must discard a card whenever somebody makes an OR decision.

Added titles.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vanilla Ice (1 LEA/POL, 2 TAC, 2 PIL), Pilot, Setup: Brig
Titles as Boomer
Ice, Ice, Baby: Whenever you would discard skill cards, you discard 1 less card (minimum 1).
You Gots to Chill: Once per game, whenever one or more players would discard cards, you can make each player discard either two less (minimum 1), or one more.
Has-Been: You start the game in the Brig.

Buffed OPG, has titles now.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
And that's it! Balance tweaks and such are fine, I'll collect players and sort out things tomorrow hopefully

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Looks like everyone who submitted is:

SIGNUPS
tarbrush
Poison Mushroom
Some Numbers
John Dough
Green Intern
Sadbag
Rincewind
OhHiMaahk
Istvun
Brony Hunter
Slifter
W.T. Fits
DopeGhoti
Solis
TheParadigm
Broken Loose

with Daybreak, 7 players, and (potentially) Cylon Leaders

Working on collecting characters, will randomize players here soon though.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
And the lucky winners are

1 Green Intern
2 Some Numbers
3 John Dough
4 Slifter
5 Istvun
6 Solis
7 Broken Loose

God drat are there a lot of characters to list up

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

fits posted:

with Daybreak, 7 players, and (potentially) Cylon Leaders

Is there a quick primer on what Daybreak brings to the table (and CLs for that matter)? I'm only familiar with the base game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You have no idea how happy I am to get into this game.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

You have no idea how happy I am to get into this game.

:argh:

Good luck and have fun everyone, I'll enjoy watching this one :munch:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

DopeGhoti posted:

Is there a quick primer on what Daybreak brings to the table (and CLs for that matter)? I'm only familiar with the base game.

Cylon Leaders start as revealed Cylons, but they have character sheets. When the human players receive Loyalty cards, the CL receives Motives. They get a total of four (two and two); each Motive has an Allegiance and a criterion. At the end of the game, the Cylon Leader wins if 1) they have fulfilled two Motives that match the winning team and 2) they have no more than one unfufilled Motive.

For example: Savor their Demise (Cylon Allegiance) Reveal this card if the game is over and 7 or more distance has been traveled.

Daybreak adds Treachery, which is always negative and has abilities that trigger in checks and punch the humans in the dick; Mutiny cards, which have powerful abilities with drawbacks and drawing multiples puts you in the Brig; and more Skill Cards and Crises.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Daybreak also adds assault raptors which are essentially vipers that:
1)May stay out in space when the fleet jumps
2)Cannot be damaged and are destroyed on 7s & 8s

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
It also adds Demetrious, which is another ship with 4 locations that you can go to. With that ship comes the Mission deck, which I guess is like a Crisis deck you can draw on but the cards tend to have very positive effects if you pass them. (One gives 2 Distance for example)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Technically Pegasus adds tre, Daybreak just makes it brutal

Something about missions too, but I've never actually done one

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No one cares about The Search for Home.

And yeah, Pegasus originated Treachery, but if they're only familiar with Core, there's no reason to muddy the water, right?

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
:munch:

Thanks for the primers. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, even if I can't directly participate. Good luck, everyone!

Now to wait for the three games in progress to end in hopes I get into the next game :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Woo! Very excited. This is my first BSG game on a forum. I'll have to get used to how things are run re: action cards and such.

There are so many rules in the expansion that I need to remember, ack.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I hate cylons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh, if tweaks are still okay, I'd like to change Dipper's draw to 2 POL, 2 TAC 1 LEA/ENG. The difference is probably negligible, due to his static.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
whoops, I just realized I forgot to give Janeway titles. As Bill Adama, I guess?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Consider me an observer, no matter what. This should be a really fun game to just watch. :munch:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm glad to get in on this! Do we pick characters in player order?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Probably; that's the main reason I haven't picked yet.

Also, I can't choose between about four.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I was under the impression that Fits was making a master list of all of the characters first. I know I won't be able to make any decisions until then.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I am, but I'm pretty busy with other stuff today and won't be able to finish it and start until tomorrow, so feel free to think about it and make preliminary picks

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, just pick a character as they currently are, then we can still revise them (or pick another one) if something seems over/underpowered or ambiguous.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I'll do a prelim pick once I get to work. Are we doing a top-3 or just a single character? I don't know how it's done in forum games.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Green Intern posted:

I'll do a prelim pick once I get to work. Are we doing a top-3 or just a single character? I don't know how it's done in forum games.

As first player you just pick whichever character you want. Players might do a top 3 list after you just in the interest of moving the game forward.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Gimme dat Boid.

Twitter.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

fits posted:

7 Broken Loose

I promise not to curse anybody out unless they do something REALLY stupid

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, turns out there's about 10 characters I wouldn't mind playing :v: Time to make some hard choices!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

John Dough posted:

Okay, turns out there's about 10 characters I wouldn't mind playing :v: Time to make some hard choices!

I'm in the same situation to a lower degree. Mostly my own creations though.

As much as I like Commander Lee Adama and Bill Cipher, I think that I'd enjoy the game best as Dipper Pines.

I'm not sure how good Bill's static is with the draw I gave him.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 27, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

To make that official ##Choose Dipper Pines
##Draw 2 Pol, 1 Lea.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dipper was on my shortlist, Fat Lee was on my short-er list together with Dale Cooper, but I'm going to choose Doctor Facilier. I've never played a Cylon Leader before and I like the abilities :)

Also, glad to hear people like Twitter!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

John Dough posted:

Dipper was on my shortlist, Fat Lee was on my short-er list
Drawing extra skill cards is the best thing and I'm glad you understand that.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Some Numbers posted:

Drawing extra skill cards is the best thing and I'm glad you understand that.

I've seen people play President Tory with no house rules. I've seen things, man.

Oh and ##draw 1 TRE, 1 ENG.

Note that in a 7-player Daybreak game with a Cylon Leader, the Mutineer card will be in the Loyalty Deck.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

John Dough posted:

I've seen people play President Tory with no house rules. I've seen things, man.

Oh and ##draw 1 TRE, 1 ENG.

Note that in a 7-player Daybreak game with a Cylon Leader, the Mutineer card will be in the Loyalty Deck.

I saw Tory played without house rules by someone who didn't know she could draw non-yellow cards. When I mentioned that, he realized why I thought she was broken.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So, is there actually any penalty to breaking Twitter's 140-character limit? Not that I'd ever do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Green Intern posted:

So, is there actually any penalty to breaking Twitter's 140-character limit? Not that I'd ever do that.

Infinite shame.

• Locked thread