Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

DopeGhoti posted:

I'm cool with that:

Jebediah Kerman (Pilot) - (4 PIL/ENG, 1 LEA) - Titles as Boomer
Setup: Hangar Deck
Kerbal Space Center: When launching a manned or unmanned Viper, you may launch one additional unmanned Viper at no additional cost.
Kerbal Science Project: OPG Action: You may increase or decrease Jump Prep by one. You may then activate FTL Control as the same action.
Catastrophic Mission Failure: Any time a ship you are piloting is attacked, add one to the attack roll.

Action: Once per game, if you are in FTL Control, you may increase or decrease Jump Prep by 1. Then you may activate FTL Control.

This is a bit cleaner, I think, though it changes the functionality a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Imagine that little rear end in a top hat bumping the FTL track to -3, then going for a failed roll in order to get the Cylon win.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

Action: Once per game, if you are in FTL Control, you may increase or decrease Jump Prep by 1. Then you may activate FTL Control.

This is a bit cleaner, I think, though it changes the functionality a little bit.

What are your thoughts with regard to having (or not having) to be in FTL control?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Green Intern posted:

Imagine that little rear end in a top hat bumping the FTL track to -3, then going for a failed roll in order to get the Cylon win.

Kind of the point there, sport.

DopeGhoti posted:

What are your thoughts with regard to having (or not having) to be in FTL control?

I can probably do that.

Action: Once per game, you may move the Jump Preparation track once space up or down. Then, if it is undamaged, you may activate FTL Control.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Sold.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And some minor revisions to my earlier characters:

(added titles, changed static to Fellis' suggestion, lowered hand size limit to 8)

Frank Underwood (3 POL 2 LEA) Setup: Quorum Chamber
Political, titles as Roslin

Friends in high places: Every time you are the target of an Executive Order, draw a card from any skill set. Every time you play an Executive Order, draw a Treachery card.
Whip votes: discard your entire hand of Skill Cards. Then, instead of drawing a Crisis Card, draw two Crisis Cards. Choose one, and place the other either on top or on the bottom of the Crisis Deck. You must make all choices on the card, and instead of resolving any Skill Checks on the card, pick either the "Pass", "Partial Pass", or "Fail" effect to resolve immediately.
Skeletons in the closet: You Skill Card hand size limit is 8. At the end of your turn, if you have more than 8 Skill Cards in your hand, you are moved to the Brig. Then discard excess Skill Cards as normal.

(added image, title, starting location)

"Mad" Max Rockatowski - Support - 2 ENG 2 LEA 1 TAC
Titles as Chief. Setup: Hangar Deck

Two men enter: after moving, you may exchange a random card with every player you share a location with.
Boobytrapped: Action: once per game, you may damage a random location to destroy a heavy raider, three raiders, two civilians, or damage a base star twice.
Fuel scarcity: you must discard a card for every point of Fuel lost (including jumps)

Also, Jim Hacker can start in the President'sPrime Minister's Office.

SixFigureSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 25, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Kind of the point there, sport.

Yeah, that's why I posted that. No need to be condescending.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Twitter - 2 ENG 2 PIL 1 LEA

Support - Titles as Dee - Setup: Communications

Launch birds: Whenever Vipers are launched, you may launch one additional Viper and place it in any space sector.
Social Media Revolution: Action: Once per game, look at the top four cards from the Mutiny deck, then give up to two of those cards to (different) human players. Put the rest on the top or bottom of the deck in any order.
Character Limit: Whenever you would draw a Treachery card, you draw two Treachery cards instead. Additionally, all your posts must be less than 140 characters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh wow.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

fits posted:

Humans don't really have any business on Cylon locations and it could end up being him sitting on caprica being XOed to farm easy crisises with jump prep and no ship activations

Sure, that's a lot of the reason for the drawback, since if you want to try something like that it'll be really expensive in terms of skill cards. I'd been fairly concerned about the Human Fleet, instead.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
God drat it I seriously considered a social rule character but didn't feel like flooding the thread with characters. Twitter's off the chain.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It's beautiful.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Istvun posted:

Sure, that's a lot of the reason for the drawback, since if you want to try something like that it'll be really expensive in terms of skill cards. I'd been fairly concerned about the Human Fleet, instead.
Still don't like it. May be real messy

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

fits posted:

Still don't like it. May be real messy

It's definitely pushing boundaries. Making his drawback trigger at the end of every turn would do a lot to prevent Caprica farming shenanigans, if that's the concern.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Broken Loose posted:

flooding the thread with characters.

:black101:

quote:

POLITICAL

Inara Serra (3 Pol/2 Lea)
Registered Companion - When you end your movement in the same location as another human player, you may give them one Skill Card from your hand to draw two Skill Cards from that player's Skill Set.
Political Connections - Once per game, at the start of your turn, you may force another player to discard their hand of Skill Cards.
Renter - You may only voluntarily move to locations on Colonial One. If Colonial One is destroyed, you are executed. If you are human, the humans do not lose Morale.
Quorum Chamber

Derrial Book (2 Pol/2 Lea/1 Tac)
Mysterious Past - When you activate a Serenity location on your turn, you may activate it again (once per turn).
Shepherd - Action: Once per game, look at all civilian ships and return any number of them to the unused civilian ship stack or move them into an adjacent space area.
On the Wrong Ship - You must discard one Skill Card to move to a Galactica location.
Press Room

MILITARY

Malcolm Reynolds (3 Lea/2 Tac)
I Always Get Paid - You do not discard Skill Cards as a result of Crisis Cards.
No Keel to Haul You On - Once per game, when an "Admiral's Quarters" skill check is passed, you may choose to execute that character rather than sending him to the "Brig."
Browncoat - While Serenity is in combat with Alliance ships, the fleet does not gain Jump Prep on your turn.
Admiral's Quarters

Zoe Washburne (1 Pol/Lea, 2 Lea, 2 Tac)
Body Armor - You cannot be sent to "Sickbay" by the effect of a Crisis card.
Big drat Hero - Action: Once per game, discard your hand of Skill Cards and send yourself to Sickbay to launch two nukes, even if you are not the admiral or there are not enough nuke tokens remaining.
Just Following Orders - You may not play "Declare Emergency" Skill Cards for their effect.
Command

Jayne Cobb (1 Pol/1 Lea/3 Tac)
Vera - Action: Choose any ship or Centurion and roll a die. On a 5-8, hit it.
Hero of Canton - Action: Once per game you may lose 2 food to gain 1 Morale.
Untrusted - When a player chooses you with the "Admiral's Quarters" location, Treachery Skill Cards count positive for the skill check.
Armory

PILOT

River Tam (2 Pil/1 Tac)
Prodigy - At the beginning of your turn, you draw two Skill Cards of your choice. They may be from different Skill Decks.
I Know What to Do - Movement: Once per game, look at the top four cards of the Crisis deck and put any number of them on the bottom. Put the rest back on top in any order.
Mental Trauma - You may not receive the President title or be targeted by Executive Order
Hangar Deck

Hoban "Wash" Washburne (1 Lea, 2 Tac, 2 Pil/Eng)
List of References - When you draw a Crisis Card, Piloting Skill Cards count positive for the skill check.
Leaf on the Wind - Once per game, after the Crisis phase of your turn, take an additional turn.
I Think we Should Call it Your Grave! - If a Centurion advances to Stage 3, you are executed. If you are human, the humans do not lose Morale.
FTL Control

SUPPORT

Kaylee Frye (2 Pol/2 Eng/1 Lea)
Hearing the Voice of Serenity - Movement: Discard 2 Skill Cards to treat the next Crisis Card drawn this turn as if it had a "prepare for jump" icon.
Genius Mechanic - Action: Once per game, Repair up to two damaged locations, then activate one of them.
Innocent - You may not activate the "Weapons Control", "Command" or "Armory" locations.
Hangar Deck

Simon Tam (3 Lea/1 Tac/1 Eng)
Top 3% of His Class - When you choose a player with "Executive Order," if that player is in the "Sickbay" location, that player may move and take two Actions.
First, Do No Harm - Action: Once per game, destroy one Centurion or execute one player in Sickbay.
You Are Talking to a Doctor - When you draw a Crisis card, discard two Skill Cards or Politics Skill Cards count negative for the Skill Check.
Research Lab

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 25, 2014

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Ah, I remembered a quick change to make to Obi-Wan:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Support
Titles as Doc Cottle
(2 LEA, 2 TAC)
Set Up: Hangar Deck

Use The Force: Once per turn on your turn, when a die is rolled, add or subtract one from the result. Cannot be used alongside "Calculations".

More Powerful Than You Could Possibly Imagine: Once per game, if you are executed, choose one: all human players draw 3 cards in their skill set; or all human players discard 3 cards. If you are human, do not lose 1 morale.

Crazy Old Wizard: You only draw four cards.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Wait, we're still able to submit characters? Well then, I have two more!

Peter Taggart
Military
Titles as Gaeta
(3 LEA, 2 TAC)
Set Up: Command

Never Give Up, Never Surrender: Whenever Cylon ships are placed in space (such as from a Cylon Attack Card) or Raiders are launched from a Basestar, you may draw one skill card.

Activate the Omega 13: Once per game, after the outcome of a Crisis has been determined (that is, after a skill check has been tallied or an OR decision has been made) but before it is enacted, you can cancel the Crisis entirely and draw the next one instead. Skill cards expended on the nullified Crisis are still spent.

It Doesn't Have Any Weak Spots!: All rolls made on your turn to shoot Centurions or ships in space are made with a -1 penalty.

Jaime Escalante
Support
Titles as Cally
(1 LEA, 3 ENG, 1 TAC)
Set Up: Research Lab

Math in the Blood: All skill checks on your turn are at one less difficulty.

Stand and Deliver: Once per game, if a skill check from a Crisis card would fail, reduce Morale by 2. The skill check passes.

Heart Problems: If a skill check from a Crisis card is failed by 4 or more, go to Sickbay.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I'm going to say submissions close tonight at midnight Eastern (about 5 hours) so get them in soon

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Brony Hunter posted:

Barbossa (2 TAC, 2 LEA, 1 TRE)
Military Leader (Titles as Saul Tigh) Setup: Command
Ghostly Curse: If the target of an "Airlock" activation, increase the difficulty by 3.
Walk the Plank: Action: Once Per Game, remove a Human or Cylon Leader player from the Game Board. For their next turn, they cannot move, be moved, take any actions or be executed. They still draw cards and (if applicable) a Crisis. They are considered "Brigged" when it comes to deciding Titles. The following turn, they are placed in the "Hangar Deck" if human, or "Caprica" if a Cylon Leader.
Liable for Betrayal: Your draw includes Treachery, and you start the game with one Mutiny card.

Any thoughts on this, any balance tweaks needed?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Brony Hunter posted:

Yu Narukami Charlie Tunoku (3 LEA, 2 TAC)
Military Leader, Titles as William Adama Set Up: Admiral's Quarters

Wild Card: Movement: Discard 2 Skill Cards, to immediately draw 2 Skill Cards. They can be outside of your set.
New Game Plus: Movement: Once Per Game, play 3 Action Skill Cards from your hand.
Silent Protagonist: You cannot activate the "Command" or "Press Office" locations.

Made a few tweaks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

I think the static seems a bit weak. It's not going to do much most of the time. OPG might be too strong, I dunno.

Brony Hunter posted:

Made a few tweaks.

A Silent Protagonist should not be able to activate Communications, right?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 26, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Brony Hunter posted:

It seems rather weak. Only drawing (effectively) 4 cards is a substantial drawback, and his static, which is purely defensive, and his OPG, which basically trades his action for someone else's, doesn't do a whole ton to make up for it.

There is a reason that Ellen's static boiled down to 'draw 2 cards'

e: Also after walking the plank they should be in a space area.

Istvun fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 26, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I might work on Barbossa later. For now:

Chie Satonaka (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL/ENG)
Support, Titles as Cally. Setup: Armory

Trial of the Dragon: Before the "Draw Crisis" step of your turn, select a Skill set. Those cards are now either positive or negative for the drawn crisis. (You cannot select "Treachery")
Galactic Punt: Once a game, when another player plays an Action, Mutiny or Quorum Card, you may immediately discard it. If not in the "Brig", that player is then sent to "Sickbay".
Meat Dimension: Whenever "Food" is lost, you must randomly discard 2 cards.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yu Narukami Charlie Tunoku (3 LEA, 2 TAC)
Military Leader, Titles as William Adama Set Up: Admiral's Quarters

Wild Card: Movement: Discard 2 Skill Cards, to immediately draw 2 Skill Cards. They can be outside of your set.
New Game Plus: Movement: Once Per Game, play 3 Action Skill Cards from your hand.
Silent Protagonist: You cannot activate the "Command", "Communcations", or "Press Office" locations.

Should be fine now unless someone thinks more tweaks need to be made?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

Trial of the Dragon: Before the "Draw Crisis" step of your turn, select a Skill set. Those cards are now either positive or negative for the drawn crisis. (You cannot select "Treachery")
Ahahahahaha, NO.

quote:

Galactic Punt: Once a game, when another player plays an Action, Mutiny or Quorum Card, you may immediately discard it. If not in the "Brig", that player is then sent to "Sickbay".
That's pretty strong.

quote:

Sure, why not?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Okay I admit that was kinda nuts and wasn't sure what I was thinking.

Chie Satonaka (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL/ENG)
Support, Titles as Cally. Setup: Armory

Trial of the Dragon: When you draw Skill Cards on your turn, you may immediately discard one to draw again from the same set.
Galactic Punt: Once per game, when another player plays an Action, Mutiny or Quorum Card, you may immediately discard it.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'd probably do something with galactic punt so it's not dead against revealed cylons. Though I'm not totally sure what.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I'd add it to effect Super Crisis Cards but that'd be nuts and probably worth a OPG on it's own :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Lelouch Vi Brittania (2 LEA 3 TAC/POL)
Setup: Admiral's Quarters Titles: Tom Zarek
Tactical Genius: Before a Skill Check on your turn is resolved, PM the moderator a number and choose whether ALL cards with that number will count positive or negative.
Power of Geass: Movement: Once per game, force any player to move to a location and perform an action. They may not leave their current ship.
Paranoid Megalomania: If any loyalty cards are revealed to any player, discard your entire hand.

Lenny & George (2 TAC 2 PIL 1 TAC/1 PIL)
Setup: Armory Titles: Boomer
Goodfellas: Lenny (Fat Man) and George (Little Boy) are effectively 2 characters (each can be in a different location simultaneously). George cannot use Actions on Skill Cards, and Lenny cannot use Actions on locations.* (Lenny goes away if you reveal as a Cylon) You still only get a single move and a single action, divided between them.
Fire in the Hole!: Action: Once per game, discard your entire hand to damage either character's current location (if possible) OR destroy a single column of Centurions.
Bada-boom!: If either character is sent to Sickbay, discard your entire hand.
*If only one of your characters is in the Brig** or Sickbay, you draw normally and your ability to play cards into a Skill Check is unaffected.
**If Lenny and George are BOTH in the Brig, George may use his escape action to free Lenny, instead.
***Lenny can use an Executive Order on George, if you somehow managed to draw one.

Amuro Ray (piloting nu Gundam) (2 LEA 1 TAC/PIL 1 LEA/PIL 1 LEA/TAC)
Setup: Deployed in a Viper Titles: Lee "Apollo" Adama
Fin Funnels: Movement or Action: While deployed in a Viper, perform the action of the Command location.
Psycoframe: Movement: Once per game, choose another active character and draw their Skill Draw.
Determined: You cannot land your Viper if there are any Basestars on the board (not on the CFB).

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 26, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Lelouch's static seems insane.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Broken Loose posted:

Tactical Genius: Before a Skill Check on your turn is resolved, PM the moderator a number. After cards are revealed, choose whether ALL cards with that number count positive or negative.
Fair and balanced. Completely. :rolleyes:

quote:

Fire in the Hole!: Action: Once per game, discard your entire hand to damage either character's current location (if possible), execute all other characters within it, and go to Sickbay.
The most overtly Cylon OPG ever. Almost no use to a human.

quote:

Fin Funnels: Action: While deployed in a Viper, perform the action of the Command location.

So...Action: If you're piloting a Viper, activate two unmanned Vipers.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

quote:

Fire in the Hole!: Action: Once per game, discard your entire hand to damage either character's current location (if possible), execute all other characters within it, and go to Sickbay.

So, Cally's OPG, but you get to execute TWO people, AND damage two locations? And a human would use this because...?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Some Numbers posted:

Fair and balanced. Completely. :rolleyes:

The most overtly Cylon OPG ever. Almost no use to a human.

So...Action: If you're piloting a Viper, activate two unmanned Vipers.

1. I'd probably change it to "choose positive/negative beforehand" but not before I review the last game to see how big a difference it would make. edit: anywhere from 3-6 per check. gently caress it, I'll change it before somebody else freaks out.

2. The bombs' OPG is only useful for executing Cylons. I guess if used in the Armory it could be changed to take out a Centurion? They're ridiculously pro-human characters otherwise, though.

3. Gonna change that to Movement.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 26, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

2. Executing one or two Humans and damaging a location is better than Cally's OPG, which is better than any Cylon reveal.

3. I was just making sure I knew what you meant and cleaning up the wording.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Some Numbers posted:

2. Executing one or two Humans and damaging a location is better than Cally's OPG, which is better than any Cylon reveal.

3. I was just making sure I knew what you meant and cleaning up the wording.

Cally doesn't nuke her hand in the process, though. What would you say to Damage location (which Sickbays everybody by default) OR Execute everybody in the location if it can't be damaged? (+Also the Centurion killer.) It makes it somewhat easier to avoid, unless you're trolling FTL.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Damaging is by definition a Cylon thing (why would humans want to damage locations?) and Executions, while helpful to the human cause, are much more powerful in a Cylon's hand.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Some Numbers posted:

Damaging is by definition a Cylon thing (why would humans want to damage locations?) and Executions, while helpful to the human cause, are much more powerful in a Cylon's hand.

I'm actually 100% okay if the bombs have an OPG that's almost useless to humans, because they'd be loving hard as hell to play as Cylons (and insanely good as humans).

edit: Fine, Jesus, they're severely toned down now

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 26, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

One more likely unbalanced and crappy character from me :v:

Adachi Tohru (2 POL, 1 LEA, 2 TAC/POL)
Political Leader
Setup: Administration (Titles as Baltar)

Who Wants to Talk About Murders? - Whenever a character is sent to "Sickbay", or the "Brig", or is Executed, draw 2 cards. They may come from any set.
Bitches and Whores - Once Per Game, during a Crisis, select another player. They cannot play any cards into the check.
Small Fish, Small Pond - You cannot play the text on a Politics skill card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I actually like that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Action: Once per game, you may move the Jump Preparation track once space up or down. Then, if it is undamaged, you may activate FTL Control.

Can you do this while brigged?

• Locked thread