Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
##Nugget reporting for duty

YES to all options, 7 players preferred.

I am trying to brainstorm a Rick Perry role but I can only think of the drawback:

I forgot...Oops: Whenever you play into a skill check on your turn, you must blindly add one additional skill card from your hand. Ignore this text if you are in the brig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Rose Nylund (1 LEA, 1 TRE/POL)
Cylon Leader Setup: Human Fleet
Stories from St. Olaf: When you move to a location, you may force all other characters in that location to move to another location within the same ship.
Who wants cheesecake?!: Once per game, all characters on your current ship must move to your current location.
Not taken seriously: You may not use the actions printed on leadership cards.

Possibly the gayest thing I've ever come up with, which is saying something.

OhHiMaahk fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 23, 2014

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Obi-Wan seems to be a pretty bad character if you draw a cylon card. You will normally only get away with one sabotage of the dice and the OPG becomes null and void.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Axiem posted:

Hm, true. How would you recommend making him better?
I think the OPG could probably be a much more dramatic, optional change to the game state (spawn/destroy ships, force draws/discards or something). That way the OPG becomes a deterrent against execution for both sides, and could potentially lead to a dilemma where the players have to choose between execution or allowing him to continue with his dice adjusting shenanigans.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
I thought Rose might be a tad under powered so I did some tweaking:

Rose Nylund (1 LEA, 1 TRE/POL)
Cylon Leader Setup: Human Fleet
Stories from St. Olaf: When you enter a location, you may force all other characters in that location to move to another location within the same ship. You may not use this ability when entering the Brig.
Who wants cheesecake?!: Action: Once per game, when infiltrating, all human characters must move to your current location.
Not taken seriously: You may not use the actions printed on leadership cards.

I am not sure whether or not to exclude hazardous locations from her OPG.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

fits posted:

Jeb I don't like the OPG at all, something in the same idea but less swingy could be "You may increase or decrease jump prep by 1 then you may choose to activate FTL control"

I am assuming he can't active FTL control if his OPG would put jump prep in the red?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

You have no idea how happy I am to get into this game.

:argh:

Good luck and have fun everyone, I'll enjoy watching this one :munch:

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Daybreak also adds assault raptors which are essentially vipers that:
1)May stay out in space when the fleet jumps
2)Cannot be damaged and are destroyed on 7s & 8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

Green Intern posted:

I'll do a prelim pick once I get to work. Are we doing a top-3 or just a single character? I don't know how it's done in forum games.

As first player you just pick whichever character you want. Players might do a top 3 list after you just in the interest of moving the game forward.

• Locked thread