Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Escape From New York, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, and Tango & Cash.

Truly, Kurt Russell is not appreciated enough when it comes to his 80s action movie star cred. Bruce Willis, for example, only had Die Hard (and, that being the best action movie of all time, is no small "only", to be sure) in the 80s, and I feel like more people think of him as an 80s action star than poor Kurt.

So, let's take a moment to appreciate the fantastic and awesomely campy 80s action (and sci-fi/horror) movies Kurt Russell gave us.

And let's also appreciate how loving awesome all his character names were. I mean, Snake Plissken, R.J. MacReady, Jack Burton, and Gabriel Cash? Checkmate, fags. There ain't no doper names than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish you would Escape From These Forums

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
tbh that's more because john carpenter owns. see: they live. worked perfectly well without russel in it.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
yeah i agree but this is just a sneaky new carpenter thread i see right through you op

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
no, as you can clearly see this is a poo poo post not a carpenter post

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watch john carpenter movies 24/7 fyi scum bag

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just watched the village of the damned remake earlier

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
yeah well I've seen The Thing more times than you've hosed women.

So, like twice.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the village of the damned has superman in it before he broke his neck being a rich rear end in a top hat

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
I'm actually watching all four movies simultaneously right now.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
The street fights between the Chinese gangsters in Big Trouble in Little China put any Kurasawa battle scenes to shame

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
does kurt russel have a good non-carpenter movie? i dont think so

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

He was in the best movie of all time - 3000 Miles to Graceland

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

here you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G69vYp7Ur3Q

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

a creepy colon posted:

mods ban for plat sassing plz

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
You mean Don Johnson, idiots

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
There is no finer psychological horror film than The Thing and there is no tastier cheese than Big Trouble in Little China

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
I don't think he's underappreciated at all most people who are action movie fans hold him in pretty high regard because he had a ton of good movies.

Don't forget Stargate, Tombstone, Executive Decision, uhhhh Escape from LA, Soldier, Backdraft, 3000 Miles to Graceland

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

I don't think he's underappreciated at all most people who are action movie fans hold him in pretty high regard because he had a ton of good movies.

Don't forget Stargate, Tombstone, Executive Decision, uhhhh Escape from LA, Soldier, Backdraft, 3000 Miles to Graceland

ok checking imdb some of those weren't in the 80s

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

a creepy colon posted:

the village of the damned has superman in it before he broke his neck being a rich rear end in a top hat

aww hell yeah you read the bestpageinteh universe too?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramsus posted:

aww hell yeah you read the bestpageinteh universe too?

stfu idiot

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I remember seeing Captain Ron on TV once.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Kurt Russel loving Rules

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

watch the battered bastards of baseball for some sweet sweet kurt russell sport ball action

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Big Trouble in Little China is the best Carpenter/Russell collaboration.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Spanish Manlove posted:

Kurt Russel loving Rules

:agreed:

I dont get why his career took such a nosedive. A lot of the other crappy action heroes managed better

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Zzulu posted:

I dont get why his career took such a nosedive. A lot of the other crappy action heroes managed better
He has a soft face with round features that didn't age well. Other 80s action heroes have gaunt, angular faces that carried better into old age.

edit:
compare this:

to this:

Kleen_TheRacistDog fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 22, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

He has a soft face with round features that didn't age well. Other 80s action heroes have gaunt, angular faces that carried better into old age.

edit:

wanna that man as my grandpa

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Snake Plissken is my favorite bro in Broforce or rather Snake Broskin.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
slap some makeup on him make him play old snake in a movie.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

TOILETLORD posted:

slap some makeup on him make him play old snake in a movie.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

He looks like The Dude's dad in that pic.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

edit:
compare this:

he actually looks pretty awesome and cool?

i mean jeff bridges played a bad guy in the iron man. slap an eyepatch on him and optionally shave his head and he would be a great Old Snake

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zzulu posted:

i thought he did a rick moranis and quit?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a creepy colon posted:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

John Carpenter missed an opportunity by not putting Kurt Russell in Halloween.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

edit:
compare this:

to this:

This is bullshit. Willis and Arnie don't have gaunt faces at all. Kurt Russell stepped it back to raise his kids I played hockey against his son

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
everybody cool already knows about this idiot. Like two years ago. Jesus

edit: If you didn't watch big trouble in little china you're a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
my mom told me something about him once and i still don't know how to feel about it

• Locked thread