Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleepy Sip
Jul 5, 2014

i wanted to make an omelette this morning so i cracked two eggs onto the frying pan (basic, i know, i just whisk them in the pan) but then a moth started tailspinning and flew right into them and died. i think he wasattracted to the heat or something because he was flapping around over my eggs and i was hootin and hollering but that didn't stop him. he got stuck on the edge of my eggs and wouldn't move.Yes, I did try to pick out the moth, but then he just kinda turned to dust and his guts got all in my eggs so i just gave them to my cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Waste of a good moth.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm not liking your technique of cracking the eggs into the pan. No wonder your omelette came out badly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just imagine you doing this at your pan and it makes me chuckle.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Warm a pan on medium flame with butter. Toss in some green onions. Then whisk three eggs in a bowl and season with salt pepper. Pour in to pan, turn down heat and cover. In a small pan cook some sliced mushrooms. Top omelette with mushrooms and grated monterey jack cheese and mushrooms. Fold in half and serve.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Warm a pan on medium flame with butter. Toss in some green onions. Then whisk three eggs in a bowl and season with salt pepper. Pour in to pan, turn down heat and cover. In a small pan cook some sliced mushrooms. Top omelette with mushrooms and grated monterey jack cheese and mushrooms. Fold in half and serve.

What do I do with the moth though?

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

the littlest prince posted:

What do I do with the moth though?

Eat it...it's extra protein, low carb, and full of goodness.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

This 'omelette' sounds more like you frying eggs. Try some scrambled eggs, they are easy and moths won't feel the need to sacrifice themselves to save your taste buds the displeasure of eating them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Disco Salmon posted:

Eat it...it's extra protein, low carb, and full of goodness.

The moth is more of a garnish. If you incorporate it into the eggs it'll get overcooked.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Nobody likes a dry, rubbery moth.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Doh004 posted:

Nobody likes a dry, rubbery moth.

I find that a nice light source really allows it the opportunity to tenderize itself. It must also have been fed only the finest of cashmeres, or perhaps alpaca wool, as well.

Omelette du Mite.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Drifter posted:

I find that a nice light source really allows it the opportunity to tenderize itself. It must also have been fed only the finest of cashmeres, or perhaps alpaca wool, as well.

Omelette du Mite.

Let's not start a bloody Heirloom Moth vs Walmart Moth debate.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Moths don't belong in omlettes. Use a butterfly for their crispiness to add some texture and color. :can:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Eleven Monarch wingtips for just the right lip-numbing zing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepy Sip
Jul 5, 2014

necro'd

• Locked thread