Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mills is petty, sniveling town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

Ernie and I are best pals, clearly that much is true. We read each other very well. I asked him to give me his $100 so that I could do something objectively town minded with it today, caveated with the request to be judged on my action. Of all people, Ernie is better equipped than most to understand the logic and potential for positive EV. In addition, our close ties should have told him this was my town play as I am against taking risks in general in mafia as they are almost always negative EV plays, particularly so on D1. To avoid all of this and the discussion surrounding it, Ernie sent his funds to nebulous black hole Gulag citing "humour". Ernie is not entirely unhumourous but it's not his behaviour to avoid a discussion and make an irreversible decision not only prior to the discussion about it, but as an exercise to actively avoid the discussion.

Therefore, I like coffee.

We can't talk about money until we know what it does. I'm not against discussion, there is no discussion. And instead of giving someone I find easy to read (you) money, I gave it to someone I don't think is as easy to read. Actually, someone who is more likely to be not as well-read by the majority of the thread.

More importantly, scum definitely have a higher incentive than town to harbor money, because they are at a numbers disadvantage. I am not at all stressed by the fact that I can't buy money from a hypothetical as of yet non-existing shop because all I need to do right now is scumhunt.

And I think there's scum between you, hal and kumba, with my strongest town on read on meinberg (he's tricky but his posts sound very honest).

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

That said, ##unvote

you're definitely brazen enough to pull the whole 1-for-1 trade if someone vigs me and then you're puppy-cuddled

but you're not silly enough to bring up our friendship like 8000 times (gulag tells me it's important to say that this is not a literal number) on a silly d1 of a not-so-significant game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Answer this somber when you get a chance. Sooner rather than later

Phone posting but it was a joke you goon. I have no idea whether or not you have a vig, I would guess no because I doubt you could keep it in your pants this long.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

If I'm town, I will probably try to lead a charge on another town person, only to have my analysis proven incorrect, which will lead me to slink into the background and follow Mills and Ernie to victory.

add YPM to that list

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In a past life, we were once friends as well, Ernest

In that past life I would disagree with using it as collateral to profess one's alignment

But the day has darkened, and that life is lost

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:aaaaa:

when did our friendship dissolve? was there a post that caused it?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I really think I've laid my motivation pretty bare for you to see, Mills. I'm a little saddened you've yet to see it, but also quite happy that I can get any reaction I want out of you.

For the record, scum Ernie would quote this:

Mills posted:

Blah blah I hate Meinberg

##vote Ernie

say it has nothing to do with scumhunting, and then quote the order of your/burgundy's posts and make an argument like 'once Mills realized he can get some traction going, he made an actual case'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gonna write a post about how Mills should get slain at some point but in the meantime why don't you vote him? Ty & Godbless.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

add YPM to that list

To the friend list?

For the record, that whole gotcha thing you did with Mills looked super fabricated.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

and then you're puppy-cuddled

I get what the end result of this is based on the context, but can someone explain the origin/what it means exactly? I tried the usual wikis and found nothing on this term.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

yes you are

because i'm prodding for reactions, and wouldn't have had a key reaction (used in the second part of my sentence) if i didn't first push sombrero a little

This really didn't move me. But your posting since seems pretty town.

##unvote

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

DuckHuntDog posted:

Only badguys say "badguy".

DHD isn't angling for anything with this post, just continuing his usual joke-posty stuffs, probably town.

Hal Incandenza posted:

SOMBO I feel like you are making awkward posts here and trying to create issues that don't exist.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree, Ernie seems like a badguy

I feel like Hal isn't actually playing mafia, more like just relaxing and trying to throw momentum wherever it seems like he can.

King Burgundy posted:

Had a change of heart?

Am I seeing something that isn't there? Feels fishy. You have earned my first vote.

##vote Ernie

Null read on KB, but it seems identical to a town game of his I saw before where he's just careful and mindful of his votes/posts. KB have you played as scum yet?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Says you. The money thing is worthless in my opinion.

~town hive mind in action~

MG is town.

Meinberg posted:

Saying such assumes that there is something to miss. I normally find that things are just as simple as they appear, and that my attempts to find greater complexity lead to outrage and ostracism. Now, assuming there is something more at play, we can assume a few possibilities.

The most likely possibilities is that Mills is under the effect of some posting restriction, either self- or mod-imposed.

That's our Meinberg. Grandstanding into the ether with no motivation other than being noticed.

Tearshed is obviously scum.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ernie mills pulled out the "on our friendship" chestnut that he's town idk

Tremendous Taste posted:

Mills is petty, sniveling town.

Taste is town. It's weird because he's changed his style, but he's town.

Kumbamontu posted:

I am willing, for the greater good of the people, to be the banker entrusted with our fallen compatriot's funds. You're all welcome.

I forget any reads I had on Kumba in the past. Man I haven't actively scumhunted in so long (my last 8 or 9 games over the past 4-6 months I was consistently scum). Is this a thing he does where he hides behind joke-posts?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Gonna write a post about how Mills should get slain at some point but in the meantime why don't you vote him? Ty & Godbless.

i like you a lot, but no, it wouldn't make sense

Your Personal Muse posted:

To the friend list?

For the record, that whole gotcha thing you did with Mills looked super fabricated.

i thought i saw something, but then mills made it clear that it was because of our ~friendship~ and not because of our ~friendship~

- ernie, roleplaying as capps, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

I get what the end result of this is based on the context, but can someone explain the origin/what it means exactly? I tried the usual wikis and found nothing on this term.

right here

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hi you person who is posting right after me, please tell me why you're not voting hal incandenza and how scummy his next post would have to be for you to change your mind

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

Null read on KB, but it seems identical to a town game of his I saw before where he's just careful and mindful of his votes/posts. KB have you played as scum yet?

Nope. Not yet. I was thinking between this game and the cartoon game maybe I'd finally get my chance based purely on odds, but then Opop boned me. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

hi you person who is posting right after me, please tell me why you're not voting hal incandenza and how scummy his next post would have to be for you to change your mind

I always think Hal is scum in these games. So I've determined I can't read him and I try to follow other peoples cases on him. I'm always willing to consider him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernest all of my friendships faded to nothing in the moment of my...

Perfection

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh Ernie, you can do better than that

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mills is an SA Mafia player who really grates my goat. In addition to that, he has inflicted a horrible poison upon my person. Until he is extinguished, I simply cannot continue to play mafia as I have up until this point. ##vote Mills

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

Mills is an SA Mafia player who really grates my goat. In addition to that, he has inflicted a horrible poison upon my person. Until he is extinguished, I simply cannot continue to play mafia as I have up until this point. ##vote Mills

I don't think it's that simple. The loop will simply close tighter around your neck.

Therefore, I'm voting Ernie.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

On the other hand, you have been acting somewhat erratically in this game. The whole "therefore" shtick, the unjustified aggression against me. One might imagine that your peculiar behavior might be enough to warn someone off of trusting you.

This post rings false to me.

I don't know it feels weird.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Mills why did you poison Gulag? That's pretty rude.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How do we know it wasn't Ernie who did it by giving him the money

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Was it green poison? Maybe the poison was made of money. Like that time on South Park, where Magic Johnson injected himself full of liquefied cash.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

Was it green poison? Maybe the poison was made of money. Like that time on South Park, where Magic Johnson injected himself full of liquefied cash.

Are you watching the Simpsons marathon on FXX? It's awesome.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Magnus I need your money for town reasons :|

Therefore vote Ernie

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg how many times have you played scum?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Magnus I need your money for town reasons :|

Therefore vote Ernie

I'll think about it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I should probably go back and see what this money thing is all about

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh. Somehow it is less titillating than I had hoped

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Magnus Gallant posted:

Meinberg how many times have you played scum?

Like five times

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed!

Mills stop asking people for money

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
feel like I need to catch up already freaking hell :sweatdrop:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

bowmore posted:

feel like I need to catch up already freaking hell :sweatdrop:

Let me know what happened on pages 2 and 3

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also note that Ernie is playing his classic scum game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Check out Somber too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Report back with your findings.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (2): Rarity, Magnus Gallant
Ernie. (1): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
bowmore (1): DuckHuntDog
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Rarity (1): Kumbamontu
Meinberg (1): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls
Your Personal Muse (1): Somberbrero
Opopanax (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (8): bowmore, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Meinberg, Opopanax, tearshed, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 20 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Giving money is cool, as long as there is no bribing involved. If you want to do it out of the goodness of your heart, do it but you can't control votes and the likes with it. That's not in the spirit of the game.

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE MARKET

The item market will be going up before 4 PM tomorrow, so just a heads up. Every day that goes I will hint around the time it goes up, and it will come down shortly after.

Certain items will be duds. Your hard earned money? Yeah, could be for nothing - or it could be something cool. Market value also fluctuates from 100 to 500 so just because you didn't get something it could be on sale the next day, or higher.

Items that are more expensive do not mean that they are not a dud or worthwhile. Obviously cheap ones can also be duds. Choose wisely.

Each day will have a new SPECIAL item that will be beneficial to you. It's important you get lucky and find that over the duds.

Money can be sent in private or in thread - so Ernie gave his to Gulag? Noted.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 26, 2014

• Locked thread