Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I heard that this game may need some more players, and I'm willing to fulfill that need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Mills, I specifically joined so that we would be scum together. This did not happen, so the mod screwed up big time IMO. I wanted a pal, an associate, a mentor to get through this game so I could be good, but now I will languish in mediocrity.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't appreciate this aggressiveness.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's figure this game out while the rest are asleep

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I agree KB sucks ##vote Meinberg

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You know who have OOT communication about the game?

Masons, perhaps. So let's vote meinberg.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mills posted:

Muse please give me your $100

Therefore vote Meinberg

Mills I feel like you are just using our friendship to get ahead in life.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Bye I'm going to bed losers

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

This is the most awkward + ghosty post of this thread so far.

##vote Your Personal Muse

"ah hmm a thing happened. shall i... comment on it?"

YPM answer 1) how you died 2) whether or not your seek [vengeance/retribution/jack nicholson] in the afterlife?

Hello.

1) I did not die. I am merely a projection utilizing a mirror, a smoke machine, and a train set from 1879 that old man Jenkins uses to scare off the tourists to get his farm land back.

2) See above re: vengeance; tourists

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Magnus Gallant posted:

Tremendous taste is being boring and not posting. So I will extend my vig game to another player

YPM, why should I kill tremendous taste with my dayvig?

Tremendous taste, why should I kill YPM with my dayvig?

Tremendous Taste, if he is town, will try some inane gambit that has a 10% chance of working and a 90% chance of getting at least 3 town people killed. If he is scum, you should kill him anyway.

If I'm scum, I will most likely be more busy talking to my scumbuddies then I would posting here, leading me to being a strong lylo-1 lynch, which means I'm probably going to die anyway if that's the case. If I'm town, I will probably try to lead a charge on another town person, only to have my analysis proven incorrect, which will lead me to slink into the background and follow Mills and Ernie to victory.

In short, I am much less harmful than he is as both town and scum, and therefore you should kill TT.

Plus I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

YPM is assuming both Mills and I are town. :aaaaa:

Nah you two are the loudest

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends, is there anything in the first 80 posts I should read?

Some RPing nerds

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm also a vig so give me TTs money.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I actually have like five vigs and my vigs could beat up your vigs.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

add YPM to that list

To the friend list?

For the record, that whole gotcha thing you did with Mills looked super fabricated.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

GulagDolls posted:

Everyone give me your money. I have a plan and for once it isn't a completely asinine way to boost my ego 1 percent

Is it an asinine way to boost your ego 2%?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Opinions RE: money giving

I don't like it. I have a 100% chance of keeping it in town hands if I keep it and a ~65% chance of keeping it in town hands. It seems stupid.

I don't like Ernie at all.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

YPM is saying that if you're town and you keep your money, you have a 100% chance of it staying with town, as opposed to giving it away where you run the risk of scum getting it. It would be better for the money to vanish entirely than wind up in scum hands

This is indeed what I was saying.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

Based on what reasoning?

I give my money to a dude, he could do anything with it. I keep my money, I am in control of my own actions, and am also responsible for my actions. For example, if Gulag was scum and bought some sort of helpful tool that caused town to be at a disadvantage, Ernie could throw his hands up and claim that he didn't do it, why blame him? It seems like an easy way to both give scum money AND diffuse responsibility for that money.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

That's not what you were talking about though. That's also not really what we were discussing.

Why is it better for the money to fall out of circulation than possibly go to scum? How can you possibly know that?

Because then scum would have money? I'm assuming items are relatively helpful.

Ernie. posted:

What? If Gulag is scum then it's unfortunate the money is in his hands, but I hope that I'm not incompetent or inept enough to not figure out whether or not he's scum once he starts using it/the game properly starts up. Also this is the second post now where you're fully assuming that I'm not scum and it's weirding me out.

It was a hypothetical, guy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

You (should)know nothing about items, how can you make an assessment as to whether it is better to throw away money or risk handing it to scum? Personally I have a theory that items would give diminishing returns to scum as compared to town but I am not blindly assuming that because I haven't seen them and you are definitely posting like you know more than you are letting on.

Me and my crazy theories that the item from the stores are helpful will be the death of us.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

You (should)know nothing about items, how can you make an assessment as to whether it is better to throw away money or risk handing it to scum? Personally I have a theory that items would give diminishing returns to scum as compared to town but I am not blindly assuming that because I haven't seen them and you are definitely posting like you know more than you are letting on.

You are alleging that because I casually assumed that items are helpful, that it must be me knowing the items are helpful and that it was a slip. I don't need to strawman anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

When you say something that doesn't make sense and assert that it does make sense based on false reasoning then I really don't know how else you expect me to interpret it.

Again, the question is not that items are helpful and you don't actually believe that's why I'm suspicious of you because I never say that. The issue is that you assume it makes more sense for money to disappear than it does to risk giving it to scum and that's something that's impossible to know at this juncture.

I'm not voting you because of your "scum slip," I'm voting you because you are arguing with me based on blatantly false reasoning.

So you are voting me because I'm dumb and not scum?

##vote Somberbrero

Up until this point I assumed you were town since you seemed to be coming from a genuine place. But if you are trying to lynch me because I have a fault in my reasoning, then you aren't scum hunting, you are trying to get someone lynched.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And yes I would rather money disappear than have it be given to scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

okay

okay

hold on

you are voting me

because i am voting you

for making a false argument

can you explain to me why town would make a willfully incorrect argument?

if you had said "oh i guess you're right" or "ah no i meant this" it would be one thing, but instead you deliberately tried to misrepresent my point

I am voting you because you aren't scum hunting. You said

Somberbrero posted:

When you say something that doesn't make sense and assert that it does make sense based on false reasoning then I really don't know how else you expect me to interpret it.

Again, the question is not that items are helpful and you don't actually believe that's why I'm suspicious of you because I never say that. The issue is that you assume it makes more sense for money to disappear than it does to risk giving it to scum and that's something that's impossible to know at this juncture.

I'm not voting you because of your "scum slip," I'm voting you because you are arguing with me based on blatantly false reasoning.

Town can be dumb. Scum can be dumb. It isn't inherent in either alignment.

You haven't shown anything to be willful. I'm not trying to segue this into a vote for someone or really anything other than adding m, I am stating my opinion that I don't think we should go throwing our money around. I am making assumptions, yes, but I think they are fair assumptions to make. Everyone is making assumptions at this juncture, including you. Why are mine somehow scummy?

They aren't. They might be dumb. I can concede that point. There might be something that I'm not just getting. But this isn't a game to figure out who is the wrongest, its a game to figure out the scum. You voting me because I might have made a logical error is showing me you aren't interested in finding the scum, just lynching someone.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kumbamontu posted:

False reasoning != scum reasoning

This is dangerously close to "wrong, therefore scum"

You are much better at words than I am

Town make mistakes. You think I made a mistake in my reasoning. How does that make me scum?

And my case on you has to do with the way you are using your arguments. Let's suppose I am scum. How does me not wanting to give money necessarily help me as scum in a way that it doesn't help me as town? In the case of you, you wanting to lynch me would help you as scum more than it would help you as town.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

Also, I'm super confused at the argument on the table. Am I understanding this right?

YPM says: Money disappearing > Scum getting money

Somber says: We don't have enough info to know that to be true

Is that really it? Because if so, I'm super confused about in what world that would NOT be the case. Like I'm having problems even coming up with a theoretical where scum getting money could be better than it disappearing. I guess if there were booby trap items? But all we heard about was duds, not actual downsides.

That's how I understand it but I might be missing something huge.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Oh that's what you're saying, you are alleging that I am scummy because I was saying you said something you didn't, is that right?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kumbamontu posted:

I have a feeling a "GOTCHA" is coming and that it's going to be disappointing

No I'm legitimately confused.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kumbamontu posted:

I have a feeling a "GOTCHA" is coming and that it's going to be disappointing

In fact if that's the case I'm inclined to unvote him because he's just being an idiot

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somberbrero posted:

Yep, that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure why but I feel weirdly deflated. Argue with me some more damnit! :argh:

I'm the idiot here?

Its kind of a dumb argument dude.

##unvote

I don't think I said that you were alleging that items weren't useful, it just seemed to me that you thought it was a crazy assumption to make. Whatever, you seem town to me. The only reason I thought you were scum is because I thought you were just trying to get anybody lynched. But it really seems like you believe in this case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And that's why me and Somber are the best mafia players ever

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Also to make more of a case on Ernie, there are two things I'm looking at

1) He wants to shut down discussion about how money works and how we should use it

2) This is after he unilaterally gives his away.

3) I think he gave his away his money early on in a "scum would never do this" gambit, which is classic Ernie

The third point especially reflects my opinions on Ernie.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

okay opop i will level with you

you think i'd give my money away but not to mills as scum, and instead have mills on my rear end?

If I can interject (not to white horse for Opop), I think you would give money to Gulag in hopes that he does something ~~~wacky~~~ with it

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So ~~~wacky~~~

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

but i'd do that as either alignment, i don't think there's quite a shortage of examples of me doing wacky things as a town player just because i thought it would be funny

for example

I should have clarified, by wacky I mean detrimental to town. I think I gave gulag a vig as scum for that exact reason one time.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Just think of me as Big Merk (because I'm better than him in every way)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Yeah sure. IN OPPOSITE LAND!

Wow. Just as I was gaining confidence. I thought you were the nice one Opop

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, I am. You should hear what everyone else says about you, hoo boy

Man, just wait till Mills gets done shoplifting or whatever Australians do! He'll tell me lies that give me an ego, just you wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Way to back me up, former friend

• Locked thread