Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Welcome all, to The Grand Budapest Hotel. One of the finest hotels in the Republic of Zubrowka. The ideal guest limit is 16 people, so the earlier you reserve your place, the better. Unfortunately, we do have a little.. war problem that may be stirring outside of our walls.. and a few bad eggs inside of them - if you see these eggs, do not fret please! We do not condone murder at the Grand Budapest Hotel - but a few residents have ended up missing in mysterious circumstances. They must hide the bodies in the snowbanks outside, since I've yet to smell the stench of a rotting corpse - even though, erm, there has been a bit a new problem that has cropped up, which I will get to a little later but I do not want to overburden you with all of the bad things going on. I do not mean to scare you at all, in fact, our amenities are so top of the line that you will feel as if you're in another world entirely. Please, try to relax and forget about all of your problems - our wonderful concierge and room service staff will be at your beck and call. Stay safe, stay warm.

Hotel Rules / Game Information

• Activity/Effort: Activity is my biggest things, a lot of my games have been plagued by it - if you're willing to sign up, I assume you're willing enough to be active enough to post at least a few times a day. If not, that's fine - but you should never have less posts than the mod - again, there always is somebody else that could be wanting to play and will want to be more active. I also ask just for a bit of effort - again, when the whole game is apathetic or shitposting, it's not very fun to mod when you know you put a lot of effort into it. Thank you!

• Editing/Role Quoting/General Rules: Just don't do anything that isn't in the spirit of mafia. Don't edit your posts a day afterwards (doing it after a post is fine, just write that you're editing it if you get caught by the forums), don't quote your role PM, don't break the game. Don't post after a hammer - things you already know basically.. other than that, yeah just have fun and don't be too much of a jerk.

• Days/Nights: Game days will last 3 to 4 regular days, game nights will last 24 hours to submit a night action. There will be a twilight after every day lynch. Each lynch is done through majority vote - if a player needs 10 votes to be voted, and gets 10 - they will be instantly lynched. If at deadline there is not a majority, a plurality lynch will occur - whoever has the most votes will be lynched. A no-lynch is also possible if you choose to specifically vote that option. In the case of a tie, the first person to be voted for will be voted out (if DBD had 6 votes, and Ecco had 6 but 1 of them came at the last minute, DBD would be voted out).

• Roles/Signups: I often add a few new experimental roles, but it should all be explained in your PM. If you ever have any questions, please shoot me an email or a private message and I will be happy to answer it - it's a very preferred method instead of posting in the thread. Newbies are welcome, and encouraged, to join my games as long as you will be active - it may seem overwhelming at first but it's addicting once you get into mafia.

• Roles Part II: Roles will be completely randomized. Bad guys in the movie could be good guys in the game, and vice versa. Flavor will incorporate parts of the movie. Flavor in-thread will be done for fun, flavor in your private messages may be important - so keep your eyes open.

• Votefinder: Votefinder information will always be on 2nd post of this thread. As well as updated periodically throughout the game.

:blush: The Incredibly Sneaky Body Harvester :blush:
code:

ATTENTION! There is an incredibly dangerous fellow (or madame) out there..

.. Collecting body parts in one of the hotel rooms. 

Finding a frozen limb roll out of the freezer is not one of our kitchen staff's finest hours. 

The Body Harvester needs 6 things for their "hunt":

1 Whole Head (of his arch-enemy, the Limb Inspector) (lethal)
2 Arms (non-lethal)
2 Legs (non-lethal)
1 Torso (non-lethal)

If they attain all of these parts, we fear it may be too late. 

Rumour has it that the Harvester takes 1 limb a night.

Players affected by a de-limbing will be temporarily unable to talk about..

...What happened to them as if they forgot about it..

Please proceed to use the hotel with caution.

Do be aware of the ravenous killer(s) that may be lurking about.

And be sure to call authorities if you see anything suspicious!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Players (16):

1. bowmore
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. Ernie.
  4. GulagDolls
  5. King Burgundy
  6. Kumbamontu
  7. Magnus Gallant
  8. Meinberg
  9. Opopanax
  10. Somberbrero
  11. Tremendous Taste
  12. Your Personal Muse

Replacements:

1. VivaNova

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 7, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tremendous Taste posted:

What's the new av? I've seen it around tumblr I think

I think that's where I saw it. Also it looks like me as a kid with an egg on my head.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

i am glad someone FINALLY is supporting me on idea that you can live without your torso. i'm off to my garage now

Who needs sick abs anyway. I'm laughing at the thought of living without a torso but just bare with me for the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Magnus Gallant posted:

Limb harvester is going to be a cool mechanic. Hopefully I don't get harvested

I'm actually the harvester, your body is mine.

Still 5 spots left.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Still need ~players~

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Mills was that a signup? If so roles should be out by tonight, finalizing some things.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
All messages should be sent out. Waiting on a few N0 actions before I start the game - will start regardless in the morning before I head to work.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Grand Budapest Hotel always is the most active when night is at it's darkest. But tonight, all you could hear is the "Oh poo poo!" of somebody knocking into a vase, almost breaking it.

(Opening early even though I still need N0 actions, but it will not interfere with the game)

TOWN PM posted:

You win with the hotel guests when all of the communist threats and third parties are eliminated.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): bowmore, DuckHuntDog, Ernie., GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Kumbamontu, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, Mills, Opopanax, Rarity, Somberbrero, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 25, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh, right. The money. Each of you have started the day with $100 slid under your door - from your pals at the Grand Budapest. Later on in the day there will be a shop not to far from the concierge's desk. You can buy some stuff - some are cheaper than others, and the items will rotate. Saving up might be smart. Or you can blow your load. Doesn't matter to me none. Every game day that you survive you will get another $100 slid into your room. It's first come, first serve. You can share money if you'd like $100 min, $300 max. And nothing other than 100, 200 or 300.

Money limit altogether is $500. The most you can give is $300.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 26, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Giving money is cool, as long as there is no bribing involved. If you want to do it out of the goodness of your heart, do it but you can't control votes and the likes with it. That's not in the spirit of the game.

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE MARKET

The item market will be going up before 4 PM tomorrow, so just a heads up. Every day that goes I will hint around the time it goes up, and it will come down shortly after.

Certain items will be duds. Your hard earned money? Yeah, could be for nothing - or it could be something cool. Market value also fluctuates from 100 to 500 so just because you didn't get something it could be on sale the next day, or higher.

Items that are more expensive do not mean that they are not a dud or worthwhile. Obviously cheap ones can also be duds. Choose wisely.

Each day will have a new SPECIAL item that will be beneficial to you. It's important you get lucky and find that over the duds.

Money can be sent in private or in thread - so Ernie gave his to Gulag? Noted.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 26, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mills posted:

how do i purchase item for 500 if limit on holding is 300

Limit is 500. I meant the most you can GIVE is 300. The most an item costs is 500. Let me edit and word it better.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

Do more expensive items have higher odds of being worthwhile? Or is it all completely random?

I edited my post above with the info.

Any further questions just PM me (that goes for anybody) regarding that - I'd like to not clutter the thread with my posts.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The Day 1 Shop Is Now Open

Here's whats on sale today:

Antifreeze - ($300)
Honey - ($100) Sold
Mysterious Dark Orb - ($500)
1/1 Scale Replica of Donkey Kong "Kremcoin" - $420 XD jk ($400)
Silver Candelabra - ($200)

The Shop Will Close In 30 Minutes

To buy an item, simply write ##buy [blank]. First come first serve - easy as pie. Is there anything worth it? Or will you save your money for another day? I don't care, I just need to pay my rent. After buying an item, I will private message you letting you know you acquired the item and what it may be used for (if it's not a dud).

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 26, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Meinberg posted:

##buy honey

I love me some sweets.

Sold!

- $100, + Honey - you will be messaged shortly.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

I take it there's only one of each item for sale?

Yes, each game day there will be 5 items, and only 1 of each item. D1 obviously will have the least amount of sales most likely. Hard month for rent.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The Shop Is Now Closed

The two duds of the day were the $500 dollar Orb and the $400 Dollar Kremlin Coin, lucky you didn't blow your load. The first special item was hidden in the $200 Silver Candelabra which was an anonymous vote during the game. Worth it? Debatable. Check in the next day for new items, and a new special item.

Future shops will be at different times, do not always expect it to be this early. But it could be. Who knows anything, really?

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Pinterest Mom has replaced tearshed.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (2): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax
bowmore (2): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste
Tremendous Taste (2): Kumbamontu, Rarity
Opopanax (2): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Somberbrero (0): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (7): bowmore, Ernie., Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I didn't change poo poo, I added poo poo that I didn't address

gently caress YOU MILLS

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
That's not a serious post.

Anyway, deadline is in an hour. I might not be around right away but I should be within the hour of it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

They didn't like how he didn't say much. Hal sat in his small, windowless room and contemplated his place in this game.

"I know I can make a difference in this hotel. In fact, I think I have the chops to run this place one day." his eyes watered - he wanted to stay that badly. He hated the war going on outside.

The guests gathered in front of his strange room, 1 by 1 - a few of them taking a peek further back, as if they were afraid he'd lunge at them with a knife.

Instead, he grabbed his bags, pushed through the group that amassed and said boldly:

"I'm not a killer. I don't have one bad bone in my body, but I hope you guys get picked off.. one.. by one.. by one."

He walked out of the entrance, never to be seen from again.

Hal Incandenza (Zero Moustafa) - Town-aligned Room Service / Sort of Rolecop has been lynched D1.

I need nightactions in the next 24 HRS. Twilight period is now open.

Votecount for Day 1

Hal Incandenza (5): Ernie., Kumbamontu, Rarity, King Burgundy, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant
Ernie. (3): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Hal Incandenza, Mills, Your Personal Muse
Somberbrero (2): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity, Pinterest Mom, Mills, Tremendous Taste, Mills, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
bowmore (2): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste, DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Mills, King Burgundy
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Opopanax (1): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Tremendous Taste (0): Kumbamontu, Rarity, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Kumbamontu, Rarity
Magnus Gallant (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (2): bowmore, DuckHuntDog

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
CapatalistPig has replaced DHD

Any more replacements are modkills!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The first death is always the saddest. Maybe it's because she was such a threat that she was found with a hole in her temple. At least she's not in pieces. Maybe ... maybe.. she'll be at peace when we bring her to the nearby temple that takes terrific care of the dead. Yeah - sorry, I don't mean to connect all of these things. But this place has been slowly driving me crazy. I think back to last night, and I do remember a distinct, muffled, "boom" noise - but I thought one of our room cleaners dropped a vacuum or. I should've looked for the culprit instead!

Hm. Vacuums don't clean up blood very well, do they? Well, shucks.

Pinterest Mom (Clotilde) - Town-aligned Money Stealer was shot in the head N1.

It is now day 2.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Shop will be at random times. In the case of a lynch, it would be done immediately after that during twilight.

In this case, the shop will open around 11 to midnight EST tomorrow night regardless.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The Day Two Shop Is Now Open

Here's whats on sale today:

Honey - $500
Antifreeze - $100 (Sold)
20 lb bag of wolfsbane - $300 (Sold)
Golden Cross - $400 (Sold)
CURSED MUMMY HAND - $200 (Sold)

To buy an item, simply write ##buy [blank]. First come first serve.

The store will be open for 1 hour.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 3, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
OH BOY THINGS ARE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES. Only the 500 dollar honey remains.

You will receive your items sometime during the next 3-4 hours via PM. I wonder who got the duds and who got the studs, heh heh

I'll also calculate your money and send you a receipt for the amount of money you currently have, if any.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The Shop Is Now Closed!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sorry I'll actually get the messages out by the morning. Had to do something for work and now I have to sleep but I'll get them to you guys!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mills. What a guy. Shone a little too bright, got into some fights. Got a lot of money, but didn't buy the Honey. In the toilet dropped a load.. before he hit the road.

Mills (Monsieur Jean) - Town-aligned Mason / PR Giver / Odd Night Doctor was lynched D2.

It is now twilight. Please send night actions within 24 hours.

Final Votecount for Day 2

Mills (6): GulagDolls, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Ernie., Meinberg, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Ernie. (3): Mills, Ernie., CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Mills, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse, Ernie., CapitalistPig, Your Personal Muse, Meinberg
King Burgundy (3): Rarity, Kumbamontu, Mills
bowmore (0): Ernie., Ernie., King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Tremendous Taste (0): Rarity, Rarity
CapitalistPig (0): Ernie., Mills, Ernie., Mills, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant

Not Voting (2): bowmore, Tremendous Taste

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 04th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity yawned, bored with the game. Twiddling her thumbs. Watching people at night, but fingering nobody as a killer. In fact, she felt left out at the apparent room party at Mills' place.

She started her trek at night the following evening to watch another person, but uh, I don't think she was very liked at this hotel. Daer me. In the middle of a hallway she was found dead with a bullet lodged in her skull.

Nobody cares about those with a heart of gold, they say. Who says that exactly? I don't know, I'm just babbling.

Rarity (Dmitri Desgoffe und Taxis) - Town-aligned Watcher has been shot in the head N2.

It is now day 3.

Those that didn't submit night actions (multiple people) will not be paid for the night.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Extremely busy today so the shop will probably be up after a lynch happens.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Gah, sorry about being so late. Will put flavor tomorrow.

Ernie (Agatha.) - Town aligned Poisonous Chef has been lynched D3.

Please send in night actions.

Day 3 Shop Is Now Open

Honey- $100
Antifreeze - $200
Map of Earth Circa 2600 A.D. - $300
Mystery Box - $400
Robotic Arm - $500

I will take offers via PM. First come first serve - shop will close in the morning when I wake up. Offer me the money privately this time!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thread opening in morning. Sorry this day fell on my busy work days.

By the way, still missing night actions from two people. Come on!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The first peaceful night in a very long time..

It is now D4.

(Last day of me being incredibly busy until next Monday so sorry!!)

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (11): bowmore, CapitalistPig, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, Kumbamontu, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, Opopanax, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 13th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 10, 2014

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

They wanted to turn him into Hamburger Helper! Ohohoho!

Kumbamontu (The Author) - 3P-Aligned Helper has been lynched D4.

Votecount for Day 4

Kumbamontu (6): Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, GulagDolls, Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, bowmore, CapitalistPig
Somberbrero (2): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
King Burgundy (1): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (2): Meinberg, Your Personal Muse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 13th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 27 minutes.

There is no shop today. Night actions please.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Opop couldn't find the eggs, or eat the eggs. What a disaster.

Opop (J.G. Jopling) - Town-aligned Egg Keeper That Hatches Eggs On Day 5 and Empowerer

It is now D5.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Flip soon!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Things sort of just got worse and worse. Meinberg was a truthful man.

Meinberg (Ludwig) - Town aligned jailer has been lynched D5.

It is now night. Give me night actions plz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Gulag (Monsieur Dino) - Town-aligned PR / Mason / Price Setter has been shot in the temple N5.

Somb, CapPig, Bowmore and King Burgundy have won the game for the scum. Flawless victory.

The rest have been end gamed.

This is the last game I'm modding for quite a while. Thank you for playing for those who did - I'm retiring from mafia not because of this just as a whole it doesn't do anything for me anymore. A lot of my games seem to start out really good and then just everybody either forgets their roles or doesn't send their actions or doesn't post or needs to be replaced or stops putting in effort. It's just not fun to mod anymore for me. Maybe once a year or something I'll join a game if it looks fun. Regardless, I appreciate the people who play my games so thank you anyway.

i'll post things tomorrow since it's 5 AM.

2 things i'll say off the bat now: I feel bad for YPM since he was the body harvester and had little to no impact in the game whatsoever. He got extremely unlucky that Kumba took a while to find him, and even unluckier that town was not very well coordinated. He was essentially a survivor with a secret win condition. He only collected two limbs including his own - targeting Somb a few times (who was immune (body wise) and the person you needed to find) - Kumba not finding you or ending his vote on people and when you did find each other, him not living long wasn't a help either. In theory, it could've been really fun but this is how things go sometimes.

I regret the store since it was just supposed to be a fun little side thing that instead became a major thing which I didn't expect. Caused a bit of drama in private messages and brought up some situations that I did not think should've happened, but whatever.

Balance wise I'll release the docs tomorrow - I put an extra scum since one was hunted by the Harvester and there was a lot of power roles in this game. There was no actual cop - only a rolecop. I wanted to put emphasis on certain roles being extremely important to the town and a lot of them being eliminated early put them in a bad spot. There were a lot of things at play where it could've flipped entirely but scum had a relatively easy time this game.

Sorry if I took a while to open the thread. It often fell on my busy work days and I also just didn't feel like dealing with the game at times.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread