Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I don't care if you're on the Bortles bandwagon for irony or not. :regd08:

https://vine.co/v/MYxLlT6DDdT

Things I'm watching with the Jaguars:

Running Backs
It makes me sad that MJD isn't with the team with a seemingly genuine rebuild in effect. Gerhart seems like a good back and in what little time they gave him against the Bears he produced about 40 yards, with one big run and one good intermediate catch out of the back field. It will be interesting to see how he plays behind an o-line that is still very much in transition. Jordan Todman, Storm Johnson and Denard Robinson round out the Jaguars RB's you are going to see.

Wide Receivers
Cecil Shorts makes his return but will likely be limited in snaps. This is going to leave a lot of the work to Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns and Mike Brown. It's a fairly safe assumption that Allen Hurns has earned a roster spot with his play. I haven't heard anything about Ace Sanders playing tonight other than some loose talk earlier in the week that he "might" play so I wouldn't expect to see him tonight.

Defensive Line
They looked a lot like Seattle when they played against the Bucs but it seems like some of that was related to the Tampas troubles on the interior of their o-line. Bradley consistently preaches bringing pressure with the four man front. You can expect some blitzes as well but the pass rush will probably rely mostly on the front four. Sen'Derrick Marks was one of the few bright spots last season and can hopefully continue building on that. Chris Clemons is now the primary pass rusher with Andre "Windmill" Branch behind him. Branch got the "Windmill" nickname from this play. To his credit he handled the nickname well and even incorporated it into his sack celebration. Branch has problems rushing from the edge and when he is able to bring pressure it's almost exclusively through stunts. He has the ideal frame for the Jaguars LEO pass rusher but it remains to be seen if he can "put it all together", a phrase Jaguar fans have really become tired of saying.

Offensive Line, but mostly Center
After two unimpressive starts, one of which included two botched snaps way over Chad Henne, whatever edge Mike Brewster had in the Center competition is long gone. Tonight Jaques McClendon is starting, and if he plays well this could be the end of Mike Brewster as a Jaguar. They drafted Luke Bowanko and reports of him are good so far, but this is the only college highlight of his I could find. Bowanko sustained a ankle injury in the game against the Bears last week and so probably wont see extended action tonight. Rookie guard Brandon Linder has impressed by playing with competency and speed. There is some thought that the Jaguars will give him a look at Center, but at this point he looks pretty locked in as the starting RG.

Luke Joeckle continues to get reps at his natural position. He didn't impress against the Bears but he didn't play poorly either. If that's his floor we may have a long term starter, but truth be told I always really liked Eugene Monroe. Cam Bradfield will be starting at RT in place of Austin Pasztor who is out with a broken hand.

Quarterback
Bortles. What more can I say? Henne is starting the night but Bortles took some reps with the starters this week in practice and Gus Bradley said that Bortles would get some snaps tonight with the starters. Look for him to come on in the third quarter, or even sooner if the Jaguars defense performs well and gives the offense a lot of snaps early. Ricky Stanzi is still on the roster and will probably make the team as the 3rd QB. Oh yeah, Stephen Morris.

If someone wants to make a Lions effort post I would totally read it.

Dr. Poz fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Holy poo poo, I like the Jags a lot, but everyone get pumped to watch the Lions offense vs the Jags... defense? Is Megatron playing?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Holy poo poo, I like the Jags a lot, but everyone get pumped to watch the Lions offense vs the Jags... defense? Is Megatron playing?

Megatron is playing today yes.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Packers fans hope that Rodgers plays his rear end off

quote:

Over last 11 years, the 4 teams that beat #Raiders by 7+ points in the 1st half of the 3rd preseason game averaged ~11 wins.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

thompson posted:

Megatron is playing today yes.

:circlefap:
Touchdowns for the touchdown god.

Also seeing what Gerhart does to that defense.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Is Bortles looking like the best 1st round QB at this point?

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Lazerbeam posted:

At this point holds absolutely no meaning. All three look like rookies.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Can anybody link a stream for the Jets game?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lazerbeam posted:

I don't think Bortles has even faced an entirely first string defense yet.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Blitz7x posted:

Packers fans hope that Rodgers plays his rear end off

Interesting. I hope that all the qbs except that motherfucker rettig plays their rear end off

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Can anybody link a stream for the Jets game?

http://www.vipboxam.co/sports/american-football.html

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Some 2013 preseason QB ratings:

Kirk Cousins - 129.6
TJ Yates - 121.8
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 127.1
EJ Manuel - 112.0
Derek Anderson - 102.8

Geno Smith - 54.6
Tim Tebow - 47.2

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Patriots are 1-5 in their last 6 3rd week preseason games. Considering this is the supposed "dress rehearsal" game that's weird.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gently caress Bortles in his puckered white rear end in a top hat

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots are 1-5 in their last 6 3rd week preseason games. Considering this is the supposed "dress rehearsal" game that's weird.

Panthers are going easy on this one due to the short week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think it sucks that y'all get Bortles and I get stuck watching the Raiders slam their dicks in a car door.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I think it sucks that y'all get Bortles and I get stuck watching the Raiders slam their dicks in a car door.

yeah but it's a car with tradition!!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Looks like this dude is streaming the Packers & Raiders: http://topbasedstream.moonfruit.com/ or http://97chris1.moonfruit.com/

Edit: http://www.coolsport.se/kiwi10.html or http://teamstreamla.proboards.com/page/STREAM_6 Jags v lions

http://teamstreamla.proboards.com/page/STREAM_7 or http://firstrowusa.eu/football/first-carolina-panthers-at-new-england-patriots-row52608b Panthers v Pats

http://teamstreamla.proboards.com/page/STREAM_5 Giants v Jets

lol no one wants to stream the giants and jets

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 23, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am so ready to watch Bort and Stafford funsling it all over the field for like 2 1/2 quarters

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Benne posted:

I am so ready to watch Bort and Stafford funsling it all over the field for like 2 1/2 quarters

:smug: :hf: :smug:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It's going to be real god drat cool when the Bortles Jaguars win the South and then knock the bengals out in the first round

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Christian Fauria made the biggest rear end of himself I'd seen in years in 2007. He scored a TD in a game against the Bucs that absolutely no one cared about, then spiked the ball like he'd won the super bowl and started talking poo poo to the tampa crowd.

It was almost as funny as fred lane scoring a touchdown while getting blown out by the steelers and grabbing and waving his dick at the crowd.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Let's Go The Football Lions Guys

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Christian Fauria

He's pretty great.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

O/U 2 minutes game time for the first flag.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Go Panthers, gently caress the Patriots.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
The kicking game is the central story of the game.

Truly This is Lions Football.

E: Oh boy they kicked the ball and the guy caught the ball and did a big jump! That's fun. He's just having fun out there. He's like a kid out there.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The coolest AFC and coolest NFC team in foxboro what else could a boy ask for

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gently caress all cat teams

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

O/U 2 minutes game time for the first flag.

under at even money but irl it would be at least -200

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wendell getting beat hard. Bryan Stork you're our only hope.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Reggie Bush is alone back there but didn't have a set back, which is good. Lonliness can be depressing.

E: Dat pass stafford. drat.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Good block 4th year FB from Washington State

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Bush with a good run called back by a holding call.

That Lovely Lions Football.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why the hell did they get Dan Roach, WBZ's Red Sox freak, to announce Patriots games anyway?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

First drive petered out, but 6 plays a kickoff and punt return without a flag.

Glory be.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well that's a coverage sack.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
a coverage sack?

be still, my quivering balls

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
That made me hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all