Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So, uh, sorry for not posting anything when we got Tinkerbell. I put off watching the videos because ugh my voice. I mention it in a later video I think, but Tinkerbell is the best summon in the game, since she does not replace Donald and Goofy. Instead, she just heals you every so often; the amount she heals you by is determined by your max MP. She does not have a time limit like other summons, instead only disappearing if you get killed by bringing you back to life. She is utterly broken.

In addition to that, I just want to say that giant Ursula on Proud Mode practically REQUIRES the use of Stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
New Update Time!!!!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 029 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 029: To The 100 Acre Wood!"
Episode 030 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 030: True Hollywood Stories: Hundred Acre Wood"

New Episodes (Cut)
Episode 029 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 029: To The 100 Acre Wood!"
Episode 030 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 030: True Hollywood Stories: Hundred Acre Wood"

Jiminy's Journal Update

World Chronicles - Hundred Acre Woods

New Characters

Winnie the Pooh
A little bear living in the Hundred Acre Wood. His favorite food is honey. Being a Bear of Very Little Brain, he's a bit absent-minded. Sometimes he even forgets what it was he was trying to remember. He warmed up the screen in "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). VA: Jim Cummings

Owl
The wisest resident of the Hundred Acre Wood. Whenever anyone has a question he can't answer, he asks Owl...though Owl isn't always right! Owl likes to talk, but sometimes he puts his listeners to sleep. He showed us the wisdom of his ways in "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). VA: Andre Stojka

Piglet
Pooh's best friend in the Hundred Acre Wood. Tiny, timid Piglet is startled by just about anything. When that happens, he covers his eyes with his floppy ears. He appeared on a "windsday" in "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" (1968). VA: John Fiedler (Kingdom Hearts); Travis Oates (Everything Else)

Rabbit
Rabbit is an earnest, hardworking member of the Hundred Acre Wood community. He keeps to himself but lends a hand when others need him. He's not always comfortable around the exuberant Tigger. He appeared in "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). VA: Ken Sansom

Tigger
Tigger loves to bounce more than anything. Sometimes his bouncing gets out of hand, but he doesn't mean any harm. Beneath that happy-go-lucky beats a sensitive, gentle heart. He bounced onto the scene in "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" (1968). VA: Jim Cummings

Eeyore
Timid, retiring Eeyore lives in a little house in the roots of a tree. His tail is held on by a tack, but it keeps falling off and getting lost. Now he's wandering the woods, looking for a new home. He reluctantly appeared in "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). VA: Gregg Berger

Roo
Roo dreams of bouncing as well as Tigger someday. He's mischievous, energetic and fearless, but grows uneasy when Tigger is not around. He hopped onto the screen in "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). VA: Jimmy Bennett

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Man, that Chain of Memories talk just brings back bad memories (Joke not intended). Almost every late game boss gave me hell, and was a brick wall for several weeks at a time each. The worst boss for me was the second loving battle with Vexen in Twilight Town. That loving shield pissed me off to no end. Didn't help that I didn't understand how the card system worked at that point, but still, that loving shield stopped me from playing for a few years. I hope that fight is less bullshit in Re:COM.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Nameless Fool posted:

Man, that Chain of Memories talk just brings back bad memories (Joke not intended). Almost every late game boss gave me hell, and was a brick wall for several weeks at a time each. The worst boss for me was the second loving battle with Vexen in Twilight Town. That loving shield pissed me off to no end. Didn't help that I didn't understand how the card system worked at that point, but still, that loving shield stopped me from playing for a few years. I hope that fight is less bullshit in Re:COM.

Due to the 2d perspective, combat in the GBA version was horrid. Both Vexen and Guardian's were a pain.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Okay guys, I've been thinking long and hard about the gummi missions for KH1. I'm giving you one last chance to save me from the fate that has apparently been handed down to me. To be quite honest, I have already done the gummi missions on my Proud Mode file. I really don't want to do them. They are thoroughly annoying as hell.

Here is the link to the poll if you feel like helping me out:
http://strawpoll.me/2724347

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
It's looking grim for you, buddy.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So I was nearly done writing up this post before when my browser crashed. As such, I'm going to only give the actual relevant information instead of spending time saying how awesome this summon is.

Bambi is a cheap, 1 MP summon that replaces Donald and Goofy with a deer. He jumps about the battlefield dropping MP orbs, and if you have 6 MP or over they'll all be large, so you have basically infinite MP. The maximum amount of time you can get him to stay on the battlefield, building for MP and including the Cheer ability on Sora, Donald, and Goofy is about a minute and a half.

He has a gauge that fills up as you defeat 6 enemies. Each time it fills, he drops items, the items getting better up to the third time. You're always going to get a healing item, and you have a chance of getting synthesis items. Every time past the third that you manage to fill it up has the same drop rates as the third.

The items you can get vary depending on each world. Here are the synthesis items you can get, assuming you can fill up his gauge three times.

Traverse Town: Blaze Shard and Gem
Wonderland: Frost Shard and Gem
Deep Jungle: Thunder Shard and Gem
Agrabah: Bright Shard and Gem
Monstro: Lucid Shard and Gem
Halloween Town: Power Shard and Gem
Neverland: Spirit Shard and Gem

(We haven't gotten to these yet so I'm not showing their names, even though everyone in the thread knows.)
Next world: Lucid Gem and Crystal
Final world: Mythril Shard and Mythril

At the final world, none of the areas with respawnable enemies have enough to fully fill up Bambi's gauge three times, but on your first runthrough there is one area that has a lot of enemies until you've cleared that room, so it might be possible there, which would be useful given that Mythril is hard to obtain.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Actually, for the final world, there is a trick involving a certain room with certain enemies that summon more enemies that you could theoretically farm off of, but it's tricky.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Nameless Fool posted:

Actually, for the final world, there is a trick involving a certain room with certain enemies that summon more enemies that you could theoretically farm off of, but it's tricky.

...Thinking about it, yeah, you COULD theoretically do that, but it's... hmm. Tricky, as you said, and highly RNG based. Better off farming for Mythril Shards and Mythril normally. Edit: Though those enemies have a chance of dropping Mythril anyway, so... Shrug?

Prythian fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 28, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's nice that the Hundred Acre Wood isn't getting torn apart by bee Heartless or anything. Just... a little mixed-up. Compared to other places we've been it's paradise.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everybody, it's time for another update!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 031 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 031: Heading to Hollow Bastion"
Episode 032 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 032: Riku is a Jerk!"

New Episodes (Cut)
Episode 031 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 031: Heading to Hollow Bastion"
Episode 032 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 032: Riku is a Jerk!"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

Bambi
A young deer, son of the great stag who rules the forest. The forest prince was born in "Bambi" (1941). VA: None

Beast
A prince who was changed into a hideous beast because of his selfish heart. Belle has helped heal the loneliness he's suffered due to his ugliness. To save Belle, he made his way to Hollow Bastion alone. He was first enchanted by Belle in "Beauty and the Beast" (1991). VA: Robby Benson

New Heartless

Darkball
Heartless born purely out of darkness. Their movements are unpredictable, as they often make sudden moves and attacks. Drops: Lucid Crystal (1% Chance); Hi-Potion (1% Chance)

Defender
Heartless that mostly appear in Hollow Bastion. They carry an eerie shield with a face that casts Fire and Blizzard and bites nearby enemies. Drops: Bright Crystal (2% Chance); Elixer (1% Chance); Defender Shield (0.2% Chance)

Wyvern
Giant Heartless that attack from the air. They are quite swift for their size and are hard to attack, especially while they are high in the air. Counterattacking when they come down would be most effective. Drops: Power Crystal (2% Chance); Hi-Potion (2% Chance); Elixer (0.5% Chance)

Wizard
Heartless that attack with various powerful spells. Eludes enemy attacks by teleporting, making them tough to beat. Drops: Shiny Crystal (2% Chance); Ether (2% Chance); Wizard's Relic Staff (0.2% Chance)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Defender Shield and Wizard Relic have that low a drop chance? That's incredible to me, because I could swear that I got them in no time in vanilla KH, so many years ago.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, it took me 351 Defenders to get one to drop and about 200 Wizards to get the staff to drop. I really wish that both of them had better drop rates. Then again, D and G's ultimate synthesis weapons in Final Mix are about 100x better, so it isn't such a loss if you can't seem to get them to drop.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Wait, you can freeze those bubbles to make them into platforms? I never knew that. :psyduck:
Also, in my now finished run, I found not one, not two, but three Wizard Relics, two of which just randomly dropped when I was farming the FM exclusive Heartless in Agrabah for Mythril materials. The RNG was being insanely generous to me.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, it can be or it can be a giant dick.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

jayman52 posted:

Yeah, it can be or it can be a giant dick.

I never got the drat shield or staff once, in 25 playthroughs of KH1. My god, I could reenact a certain fight if I wanted to.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

TIME TO UPDATE!!!!!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 033 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 033: White Trinity Hunt"
Episode 034 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 034: Missing Chests and Breaking Hearts"

New Episodes (Cut)
Episode 033 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 033: White Trinity Hunt"
Episode 034 – "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 034: Missing Chests and Breaking Hearts"

No Journal Updates For This One!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The link to the Cut episode seems to go to the Uncut version.

Come to think of it, it didn't even have cutscenes. Nevermind.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 4, 2014

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

The link to the Cut episode seems to go to the Uncut version.

Come to think of it, it didn't even have cutscenes. Nevermind.

Yep, episode 33 doesn't have any cutscenes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The music in Hollow Bastion is what does it for me. Always tense, somehow always rising, and minor key. The good guys aren't going to do too well here.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Welcome to today's update! Enjoy your stay!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 035 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 035: The Fall of Maleficent and Waking Kairi"
Episode 036 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 036: Cleaning Up Loose Ends in Hollow Bastion"

New Episodes (Cut)
Episode 035 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 035: The Fall of Maleficent and Waking Kairi"
Episode 036 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 036: Cleaning Up Loose Ends in Hollow Bastion"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

Maleficent (Dragon)
Maleficent became a huge dragon when the Keyblade released the darkness in her heart. The Dragon wielded both Maleficent's power and the terrible forces of darkness. Maleficent's powerful alter ego first appeared in "Sleeping Beauty" (1959). VA: None

Ansem, The Seeker of Darkness (a.k.a The Hooded Figure from Destiny Islands)
As a researcher and rule of his world, he studied the Heartless and delved into the many secrets of the worlds. While studying the heart and the darkness within it, he was possessed by darkness and ultimately destroyed his own world. He sacrificed his own body to attain great power, and later possessed Riku's to regain a physical presence. Failure to stop him means the end of all worlds. He is also the true identity of The Robed Figure from The Secret Place on Destiny Islands. VA: Billy Zane (Kingdom Hearts); Richard Epcar (Everything Else)

Mushu
One of the guardian spirits of an ancient clan. He was banished by the other guardians because of his foolish ways. Though small, he has the power of a great dragon. This ancient dragon heated things up in "Mulan" (1998). VA: Mark Moseley

Belle
A brave and intelligent young woman who understands the Beast's true nature. She's one of the seven princesses needed to open the final Keyhole. She and the Beast have lost their world to the darkness. She appeared at the Beast's castle for the first time in "Beauty and the Beast" (1991). VA: Paige O'Hara

Snow White
A beautiful princess, gentle and pure as snow. She is one of the princesses needed to open the final Keyhole, and was captured by the Heartless. Her world has already been swallowed by the darkness. The fair-skinned princess first appeared in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" (1937). VA: Carolyn Gardner

Cinderella
A hardworking young girl who's often bullied by her stepmother and stepsisters. She is one of the princesses needed to open the final Keyhole, and was captured by the Heartless. Her world has already been destroyed. Prince Charming first swept her away in "Cinderella" (1950). VA: Jennifer Hale

Aurora
A young woman with a lovely voice. She is loved by three good fairies and cursed by Maleficent. The sorceress captured Aurora to help open the final Keyhole. She had her first encounter with Maleficent in "Sleeping Beauty" (1959). VA: Jennifer Hale

New Heartless

Behemoth
Immensely powerful Heartless. With their large frame, they trample enemies, and repel most attacks. Damaging their weak point makes them lose conciousness. Strike them with potent attacks while they are down. Drops: Orichalcum (20% Chance); Mythril Shard (20% Chance)

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ah, yes. The infamous Riku-Ansem fight. I did that so many times, I can probably recite it word for word.
Also, his Dark Aura attack? When I fought him, I went to where the railing overlooking the princesses is. It won't reach that point. Ever. Not sure if it was fixed in FM.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I would also like to point out that Cinderella and Aurora are Jedi Masters. If you don't get the joke then take a look at their VAs and look up her past work.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Time for an update!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 037 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 037: Touched By An Angel Star"
Episode 038 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 038: Terminal Worlds"

New Episodes (Cut)
Episode 037 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 037: Touched By An Angel Star"
Episode 038 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 038: Terminal Worlds"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Heartless

Invisible
Heartless wielding a large sword. These winged Heartless can move freely through the air. Besides their sword, they attack with their tail and wings. With their high attack power, they often defeat their foes quickly. Drops: Gale (6% Chance); Orichalcum (1% Chance)

Angel Star
Flying Heartless that cast potent spells. They are born of holy spells. They attack from long range with magic. They block physical attacks with their wings, making them difficult to defeat. Drops: Gale (6% Chance); Ether (2% Chance); Mythril (1% Chance)

Arch Behemoth
A Behemoth subspecies. Although similar in appearance to the Behemoth, it lacks their aptitude. However, it shares their strengths and weaknesses. Drops: Mythril Shard (20% Chance); Omega Arts (5% Chance)

Tommy_Blanco
Oct 29, 2011
Digging the lp. Was curious if you could go into detail about item synthesis and the items you've been collecting, never got far enough into the game where it was a factor (if you already have, can you point me in the right direction?).

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
You can only skip the worlds in which you have sealed the Keyhole in World Terminus. So it's possible to be forced to do the Olympus and Atlantica rooms before you can progress if you don't seal their respective keyholes due to how they are optional worlds in this game.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Tommy_Blanco posted:

Digging the lp. Was curious if you could go into detail about item synthesis and the items you've been collecting, never got far enough into the game where it was a factor (if you already have, can you point me in the right direction?).

I will be going over that in episode 41.

Nameless Fool posted:

You can only skip the worlds in which you have sealed the Keyhole in World Terminus. So it's possible to be forced to do the Olympus and Atlantica rooms before you can progress if you don't seal their respective keyholes due to how they are optional worlds in this game.

Well, I learned something today. I didn't know that was how it worked.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So, sorry, but I've forgotten to talk about our most recent (and final) summon, Mushu, after last update. Sorry, I've been busy all weekend!

Mushu is one of the most expensive summons, sitting at 3 MP with Dumbo and Tinkerbell. He's also one of the longest-lasting summons, sharing a maximum potential time of over two minutes with Simba and Genie (if you do nothing with them). Mushu replaces your attack command with Fire Breath, which shoots 3 very fast, small fireballs that are very, very homing. It's harder to miss than to hit with him. If you hold down the button, he'll constantly fire these things, which can rack up damage really fast. Of course, using the attack lowers his MP/time, until he's unsummoned.

I also want to take the time to talk about the End of the World.

The End of the World is probably one of the best ending worlds of any Kingdom Hearts games. They each have their own interesting design points, at least to me, but the End of the World is easily the most terrifying, with a constant feel of 'this shouldn't exist'. The first room, the Gate to the Darkness, is a bunch of islands floating in midair above a sky with purple clouds, but every now and then you get dragged into what it really is; a maze of gemstone walls on an eerily white, almost snow-like void.

Then you end up in the Giant Crevasse. In the original game, I think just about every single chest in that room is a gummi ship part. That's because the Giant Crevasse is composed ENTIRELY out of gummi blocks, which are, as established earlier in the game, what the barriers that separated the worlds are made of. So in other worlds, that is literally the old remains of protective shields for each world.

Then of course we end up in the World Terminus, which is a bunch of flaming columns suspended inside of giant pillars with toothy edges. This is how the Heartless get to each world that we've been to (or not, in a game that skips optional worlds), and the color of the flame tells you whether or not the world is safe (blue for worlds that haven't been saved, while purple is used for worlds where the Keyhole is locked.) Though admittedly it's weird that you can go to the 100 Acre Woods for a save point when Heartless didn't show up there, I chalk that up to gameplay stuff.

Then we end up in Hollow Bastion after going through ACTUAL FLAMES, in the secret underground research lab used by Ansem as mentioned in his reports. The lab is being consumed by giant holes in darkness, the computer says something about opening up the door to darkness and consuming all light and hearts, and you leave and it's been replaced by a giant hole.

I'll continue analysis of the End of the World next video when we see the rest of it, every detail of it is fantastic.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time! Sorry about how late in the day this is going up.

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 039 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 039: Time To Start Wrapping Things Up"
Episode 040 - "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD Part 040: Final Mix Exclusive Heartless Worlds Tour"

There are no cut episodes because there are exactly zero cutscenes in this update.

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Heartless

Sniperwild
A Heartless resembling a monkey. It roams as it pleases, rarely paying attention to its surroundings. If Sora is spotted, it will call forth numerous allies, all armed with slingshots. Item drops start at the sixth sniperwild killed.
Drops: 6th: Potion (100% Chance), Power Stone (35% Chance)
12th: Tent (100% Chance), Power Stone (50% Chance)
18th: Hi-Potion (100% Chance); Power Stone (60% Chance)
24th: Camping Set (100% Chance); Power Stone (100% Chance)
30th: Power Stone (100% Chance); Power Stone (60% Chance)

Gigas Shadow
A large Heartless similar to a Shadow. Like its predecessor, it's quite persistent and will chase its target around. If it just does the littlest amount of damage to Sora, it will fade out of sheer happiness.
Drops: One defeated: Lucid Shard (10% Chance)
Two defeated: Lucid Shard (20% Chance)
Three defeated: Lucid Shard (35% Chance); Fury Stone (10% Chance)
Four defeated: Lucid Shard (50% Chance); Fury Stone (20% Chance)
Five defeated: Lucid Shard (100% Chance); Fury Stone (35% Chance)
Six defeated: Lucid Shard (100% Chance); Fury Stone (50% Chance)
Seven defeated: Lucid Shard (100% Chance); Fury Stone (100% Chance);
Fury Stone (100% Chance)

Black Ballade
A Heartless that confuses its enemy by creating projections of itself. If the copies are attacked, it will resort to counterattacks and eventually run away. However, if it is attacked directly and relentlessly...
Drops: 1, 2, and 3 correct hits: Lightning Stone (10% Chance)
4 correct hits: Lightning Stone (10% Chance); Lightning Stone (100% Chance)

Pink Agaricus
A colossal Heartless called forth by euphoric White Mushrooms. A dancer by nature, once it starts dancing, it can't stop.
Drops: 10, 20, and 30 hits: Potion (100% Chance)
40, 50 and 60 hits: Hi-Potion (100% Chance); Serenity Power (10% Chance)
70, 80, and 90 hits: Ether (100% Chance); Serenity Power (20% Chance)
100 hits: Mystery Goo (100% Chance); Serenity Power (100% Chance);
Prime Cap (100% Chance)

Pot Scorpion
An ordinary pot turned Heartless by the power of Darkness. Unlike the Pot Spider, its pot is tough as nails. A simple attack won't be enough to make it cry for mercy. It emanates poisonous fumes as it attacks its prey.
Drops: All battles: Mythril Stone (20% Chance)
Broke 11 pots before Pot Scorpion: Mythril Shard (20% Chance);
Mythril Stone (35% Chance)
Broke the 11th Pot: Mythril Stone (10%)

Grand Ghost
A Heartless similar to the Search Ghost, often spotted within Monstro. Weapon attacks do no damage, only causing it to drop items. Approach the phantom and use said items for a startling discovery. Drops: A number of Frost Stones depending on which healing items you use on it.

Chimera
A Heartless wandering the streets of Halloween Town. Generally a slow-paced creature, it attacks quickly and relentlessly when angered. Armed with various abilities such as summoning Gargoyles, one must use this creature's own tricks against it. Drops: A number of Blazing Stones depending on the amount of times you reflect the heads it shoots out when it is passed out.

Jet Balloon
A Heartless similar to the Aquatank. It flies through the air with tremendous speed. Chasing it will lead to a perilous aerial battle as it unloads its Missile Driver attack, an attack similar to the Screwdriver. Its heinous nature attracts them to prey who carry lots of munny.
Drops: Dazzling Stone (100% Chance); Dazzling Stone (20% Chance)

Stealth Soldier
A stealthy Heartless similar in appearance to a Soldier. It appears alongside other Heartless and deals attacks from afar. Although a troublesome enemy, it shows itself once its weakness is uncovered. Drops: Energy Stone (35% Chance)

Neoshadow
A Heartless that travels in packs. Combining their powers allows them to attack Sora while also healing themselves. Leaving even just one alive will result in a never-ending battle. Item drops start at the seventh Neoshadow killed. Drops: Stormy Stone (35% Chance)

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 15, 2014

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Just want to chime in and say this LP has been fabulous. Well-informed guest commentary, sped up grindy bits, efficient gaming. Awesome all 'round.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Thank you very much. I appreciate that, Arm Fruit. It makes me feel good to know that people like the quality of product I'm putting out.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So, I was going to say something about the Final Mix Heartless, but I think for the most part they're self-explanatory. So let's finish my talk about the End of the World.

After getting through the dark lab, you jump into a giant pit, leading to nothing but darkness... and then suddenly... GIANT VOLCANO WITH A DEMON STICKING OUT OF THE TOP! Note that Chernabog is never explained. He's not a Heartless, though I guess he could be. He just shows up out of nowhere and, if you're not prepared, wrecks your poo poo. All while the great Night on Bald Mountain is playing. When you beat him, you go through portals in rooms with... no enemies, no real architecture, no nothing, just black shapes on the walls.

If you examine these shapes carefully enough, you realize that these are Disney worlds for some of the Princesses of Heart. They don't exist anymore. They're just decaying, purple-black rooms. All leading up to a giant fight against a bunch of Heartless in a room that seems near endless, trying desperately to break through a Heartless crest on a wall.

Finally, you get a fairly pretty music, with... hey, is that? Yes it is, it's the door from the Dive to the Heart in the beginning of the game! The door that seemed so important back then! That's when it sort of hits you that everything in the game has been leading up to this. The name of the room is even Final Rest.

End of the World is a great final world is what I'm saying. Appreciate every detail of it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Also, this might be obvious to everyone but me, but I just looked it up and I thought it was neat.

Pink Agaricus, the Agaricus part refers to the genus name of the common white mushroom! The most widely consumed species of mushroom in the world.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Prythian posted:

So, I was going to say something about the Final Mix Heartless, but I think for the most part they're self-explanatory. So let's finish my talk about the End of the World.

After getting through the dark lab, you jump into a giant pit, leading to nothing but darkness... and then suddenly... GIANT VOLCANO WITH A DEMON STICKING OUT OF THE TOP! Note that Chernabog is never explained. He's not a Heartless, though I guess he could be. He just shows up out of nowhere and, if you're not prepared, wrecks your poo poo. All while the great Night on Bald Mountain is playing. When you beat him, you go through portals in rooms with... no enemies, no real architecture, no nothing, just black shapes on the walls.

If you examine these shapes carefully enough, you realize that these are Disney worlds for some of the Princesses of Heart. They don't exist anymore. They're just decaying, purple-black rooms. All leading up to a giant fight against a bunch of Heartless in a room that seems near endless, trying desperately to break through a Heartless crest on a wall.

Finally, you get a fairly pretty music, with... hey, is that? Yes it is, it's the door from the Dive to the Heart in the beginning of the game! The door that seemed so important back then! That's when it sort of hits you that everything in the game has been leading up to this. The name of the room is even Final Rest.

End of the World is a great final world is what I'm saying. Appreciate every detail of it.

Fun Fact: Japanese versions of the original had the normal Heartless boss theme, not Night on Bald Mountain. It was fixed for Final Mix.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I vaguely recall making that point. We recorded this stuff ~a month ago.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Silegna posted:

Fun Fact: Japanese versions of the original had the normal Heartless boss theme, not Night on Bald Mountain. It was fixed for Final Mix.

Like Senerio said, I'm fairly sure one of us made the point in the video. (I've just about stopped watching videos I was in.) So I wasn't sure I needed to point it out.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Prythian posted:

Like Senerio said, I'm fairly sure one of us made the point in the video. (I've just about stopped watching videos I was in.) So I wasn't sure I needed to point it out.

Hell I just watched the videos and can't remember if anyone made the point. My memory sucks.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright guys, we only have one more week of updates for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD and the following week we will begin the next game in the series Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD. The first two episodes are recorded and ready to go but to be honest it would be great if I could an opinion on which order to visit the worlds. The worlds in CoM are the exact same worlds we visited in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix with one exception. The rights to the use of Tarzan reverted back to the original creator sometime between the creation of Kingdom Hearts and its midquel Chain of Memories. This means, that Deep Jungle will not be included in the possible choices. Also, Chain of Memories splits the worlds into two sections with five worlds in the first section and four in the second. This means that the first poll I put up will be specifically for that first set of five worlds and I will put up a second poll for the last four when we get closer to that point in Re:CoM HD.

The way that the poll will work is that you are allowed to vote more than once and the idea is that I will go to the worlds in the order they are voted for. In other words, the world with the greatest amount of votes goes first and the world world with the second greatest amount of votes goes second and so on. Also, remember that if you want to vote for more than one world then DO NOT HIT THE "VOTE" BUTTON UNTIL YOU HAVE CLICKED THE CHECK BOXES FOR ALL OF THE WORLDS YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR! Unfortunately, strawpoll.me doesn't allow a user to vote again after they have clicked the "vote" button from the same IP Address.

Here is the poll!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

If you are curious this is the current standings for all of the votes:

1. Olympus Coliseum
  2. Halloween Town
  3. Monstro
  4. Agrabah
  5. Wonderland

Personally, I would like to see Wonderland not be the last world because the magic card you get there is incredibly useful in sleights. I will keep the poll open until Sunday at 12pm central time. At which time, I will look at the votes and start recording videos based on the turnout, so keep on voting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm going to be interested to see how Re:COM plays, because I absolutely loathed COM as I suffered through it in high school. I just really don't like the sleight system. Even Flick Rush was better.

• Locked thread