Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
See if they can get you a Mountain Dew Code Red. It's liquid ambrosia.

As for snacks.

Nutter Butters
Moon Pie's
Cheez-its
Capp's Hot Fries

Edit:
If you want some American candy
Iconic things from childhood.

Largy Jolly Ranchers
Fun Dip
Now and Later
Nerds

HamHawkes fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

MondayHotDog posted:

I meant the other two.

poo poo you're missing out then

Please tell me you've at least had Rogue or Lagunitas

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You can get a 44oz Nerd Smoothie at sonic

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

platedlizard posted:

poo poo you're missing out then

Please tell me you've at least had Rogue or Lagunitas

We've got those here but I've never tried them.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Why is Ben and Jerry's so crazy expensive overseas. I saw it for like 11$ a pint in Hong Kong and like 10$ in Taiwan.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Pixie sticks are still around.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Hobohemian posted:

Why is Ben and Jerry's so crazy expensive overseas. I saw it for like 11$ a pint in Hong Kong and like 10$ in Taiwan.

Imported?

Americans make pretty good beef jerky.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Caramel Corn. :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Circus Peanuts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Circus Peanuts

lol. gently caress you!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Flaming hot lime cheetos. It's not available nationwide, so definitely try to get some. Best cheetos flavor by far. Bag of fritos + cheap chili and cheese = Frito pie, a sloppy and guilty pleasure that some states take way too far. Funyuns, a slightly oniony snack that's a ring of salt, tbh. I love them. Pop Tarts, a paragon of US factory "food" containing zero amounts of anything anyone would call bread or pastry, but addictive simply due to the thick coat of "frosting". Strawberry frosted pop tarts are the cliché; smores pop tarts are pretty good.

Pretty sure lays are literally called walkers or something in britland, so don't get suckered into paying a premium for the same crisps you can buy in a normal grocery. Sour gummy anything is pretty good. And don't feel bad about not liking Dr. Pepper; it took me years of trying it to like it, and I still think it has a chemical, perfumey scent that's pretty bad. Try the cherry vanilla version; I like it a lot more than the plain Dr. Pepper. For a good American soda, Jones' sodas are pretty good, made with real sugar and all that good stuff.

Oh, and definitely try to get Utz's crab chips. It's crisps flavored with Old Bay, a fantastic seafood seasoning powder most commonly associated with steamed crabs, hence the name crab chips. It's fantastic with beer, and well worth a try if you can get it.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Candy Corn.

*drops the mic*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

redshirt posted:

Circus Peanuts

Who the gently caress buys these anyway? Someone must.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

platedlizard posted:

Who the gently caress buys these anyway? Someone must.

Southerners, fats, the gays, and old people.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

should of posted a trigger warning with that imo

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Doritoes, op

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

Lolat this utter SHITE

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

but Seriously this is the best American snack.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

mcustic posted:

A couple of hipsters opened a store that stocks all kinds of American soft drinks. I went there today for the novelty of tasting whatever nerds on the internet like to drink. I can sure tell you that Dr Pepper tastes gross to my euro palate, and A&W Cream Soda is somehow even worse, like rancid carbonated custard. I poured both of them down the drain. Mountain Dew is kind of 7up-ish, but sweeter and with a really cool color. I might buy that one again.

But, I'm not here to rant about sodas. The dude that works there, a bespectacled young man sporting an Islamic State style beard, told me they will be ordering snacks and sweets from the US soon and that I can suggest whatever I would like to try via their Facebook page. So I'm asking you kindly to recommend some typical snacks representative of the American culture. Preferably vegan. Not a bowl of dick please.

corn syrup, saturated fat. as for vegan ahahahahahhahahahahha no

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh yeah and also reconstituted meat products

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
if you're snacking at all its almost a guarantee you're a fat american

usually if i snack i have a banana because theyre effortless and not too bad for you.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

usually if i snack i have a banana because theyre effortless and not too bad for you.

was your banana farmed with ethical standards tho. cheeze its never oppressed the brown/black man.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Modus Operandi posted:

but Seriously this is the best American snack.

Gross.

Those big papa pickles are pretty good.

Bag pickle. :3:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
all american sweets are pumped to the gills full of corn syrup so i wouldnt bother

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rezatahs posted:

all american sweets are pumped to the gills full of corn syrup so i wouldnt bother

I think you mean freedom juice. :911:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

Southerners, fats, the gays, and old people.

I thought gays ate Skittles.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
Little Debbie's fudge brownies or oatmeal cream pies are really good.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's Pieces are tasty.

Combos are pretty gross but I feel like they're very essentially American so you should try them just for the experience. Same with Oreos and Pringles.

Ask them to try to get the versions of Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, or Mountain Dew made with cane sugar instead of with corn syrup, they're better.

lexan fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 23, 2014

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Fetus Tree posted:

and if I'm thirsty I drink water dang nabbit :bahgawd:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the quintessential american snack is a small combo at mcdonalds

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cums

Dicks

the usual, y'know

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

only nutty bars and thin mints are American.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mr pibb

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
Flaming hot cheetos if you hate yourself.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Irobot82 posted:

Now and Later

It may be spelled that way, but urban America always pronounces it "naw-alata", like you would pronounce "Terminator" or more precisely "Terminata".

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Dianetics posted:

Flaming hot cheetos if you hate yourself.

After you finish a whole bag your heart pumps hard from all the sodium and u poo poo orange. It's pretty cool.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Modus Operandi posted:

After you finish a whole bag your heart pumps hard from all the sodium and u poo poo orange. It's pretty cool.

Six Flags in a Bag!

(Six Flags is an amusement park for you Euros)

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Minority Death-O's
Every loving time I go to post something I think is funny in a thread, somebody's beaten me to it!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
pork rinds, extra spicy cheetos, a whole pizza get some, old english 800, microwave taquitos/burritos if you aint got them.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
pork rinds, superman ice cream, cool ranch doritos, york peppermint patties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i forgot funyons they are loving fantastic.

• Locked thread