Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Gyshall posted:

ESPN Site shows Bryant being dropped for Cardinals D/ST, which is not the Waiver wire claim I had in. Should be Charles Sims, not Bryant. WTF.

Did Commish push that through?

Can I get an update on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Can I get an update on this?

I didn't push any waivers through. Why would you not just set multiple pickups based on the same worst player?

Waiver 1 Priority Add: Def A
Drop: Bad Player

Waiver 2 Priority Add: Def B

Waiver 3 Priority Add: Def C

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Pineapple proposes garbage trade after garbage trade to me all year then gives away rodgers for brady :mad:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Its Miller Time posted:

I didn't push any waivers through. Why would you not just set multiple pickups based on the same worst player?

Waiver 1 Priority Add: Def A

Waiver 2 Priority Add: Def B

Waiver 3 Priority Add: Def C

Thanks - I should not have had any waivers at all after Saturday afternoon - I canceled them all after seeing that I wouldn't get a D/ST for the weekend. That is why I was surprised to see Arizona on my bench. I did have multiple waiver picks, Sims was #1 to be dropped (and wasn't).

I blew $20 on Bryant last waiver period and now he's been dropped either due to the ESPN app sucking or whatever.

Not terribly happy about it, but it is what it is.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Pineapple proposes garbage trade after garbage trade to me all year then gives away rodgers for brady :mad:

I propose garbage trades to start discussions. Not my fault nobody here knows how to haggle.

EDIT: Also, garbage trades because I have a garbage team :v:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

My apologies for not being around and doing the weekly writeup, things have gotten extremely crazy at work. I've updated the stats and will provide commentary in the last week or two regarding who can make it into the playoffs and during the playoffs themselves. I have updated my precious stats for you all.

And here are our current standings:

I'm currently beating Finkle out of the playoffs because I am the division winner. It's a little unfair but so is not making the top 4 in records with the highest points for.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Games to watch this week include me vs. Finkle and Dab Nation vs. BM's TV.

And may I say free josh gordon's week 8 score, of 221.7, is loving ridiculous.

McKinnon, Wright, Doug Baldwin and Cody Parkey with 10
M. Bennett, DOLPHINS D/ST, Jamaal Charles with 22-26
Drew Brees with 31, Antonio Brown with 36 and Maclin with 43.

Holy poo poo.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
I was and am out of town and my lineup wasn't saved correctly. I had one wide receiver on bye and only one active wide receiver on bench. Can you sub my guy in for last week. loving ESPN.

5436 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 12, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

No, sorry.

I eked out a razor finish last night. Das Smoot and I were tied at exactly 147.8 with 6 minutes left, my Torrey Smith vs. his Mark Ingram. Then Torrey Smith caught 2? passes. Saints were only throwing, there was one dump off but I don't think it was Ingram.

East division continues to AFC South. 4 teams in west, 2 with 9 wins and 2 with 8. One of those guys will

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 25, 2014

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
Why are there divisions at all? It should be the 4 teams with best records in the playoffs.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

GlobalHero06 posted:

Why are there divisions at all? It should be the 4 teams with best records in the playoffs.

That's the default, it's not like I changed it to this way, I don't see a setting to change this, it's been like that since the beginning and changing it would hurt me (candid).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Oh gently caress me I thought it was still the best four teams by overall record make the playoffs. I'm the odd man out now. I agonized so long over the decision to start or sit Crowell and it might burn me horribly.

drat you, commish! You're half of my losses on the year!

Two weeks left! Dez/Julio/Gordon/Gronk will save me yet!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Oh gently caress me I thought it was still the best four teams by overall record make the playoffs. I'm the odd man out now. I agonized so long over the decision to start or sit Crowell and it might burn me horribly.

drat you, commish! You're half of my losses on the year!

Two weeks left! Dez/Julio/Gordon/Gronk will save me yet!

I was actually going to comment that you had an insane WR core.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

You guys should chime in as to what the payouts should be before the playoffs start. There's $600. I was thinking 50 to third, 100 to second, 450 to first.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

600 to first

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

down with this

Its Miller Time posted:

You guys should chime in as to what the payouts should be before the playoffs start. There's $600. I was thinking 50 to third, 100 to second, 450 to first.

this too

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

free josh gordon won over Placidental Shooting, 177.3 to 176.3

Josh gordon did it without starting a defense (though he got 15 from his kicker, Cody Parkey). In what looks like a daily lineup, free josh gordon rode the NO PIT game with Drew Brees (40.3), PT (5.7) and Antonio Brown (31.7).

I was traveling this week but it looks like I'm watching NO/PIT and SD/BAL.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Poll on payout.

http://goo.gl/0KjcxE

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
voted for the $450. playoff race is still tight.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
thanks plax, if you had lost I would have missed the playoffs at 10-4

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

sants posted:

thanks plax, if you had lost I would have missed the playoffs at 10-4

My team seems pretty ok for being 4-9.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero

Its Miller Time posted:

Payouts

$50 buy in, with 70% 1st, 20% 2nd, 10% best end of season record. We'll use Leaguesafe for the money.

From the OP.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
So I free josh gordon win the 10% because of best season record + total points tiebreaker?

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
i have the same record as you son

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

So do I but the tie should go to total points if the best team is getting paid.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ya sorry for being a mess, I don't remember writing that. But I should adhere to the payout stated in the OP for fairness.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
word, was just being an rear end

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The worst thing about fantasy football is that it forced me to watch that entire Saints/Bears game. But I'd like to thank the Bears for putting on a mighty shitshow. I may have only won one of our three matchups, commish, but I won the one that mattered most! Your team scared the poo poo out of me after I lost Julio.

Now onto the championship game!

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
congrats on your win! wilson did a warcrime on me.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Good season everyone, and thanks to Miller Time for the awesome and entertaining recaps!

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
Thanks for running this Miller Time. I too enjoyed the writeups and spreadsheets.

When do you plan to send out payments?

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

GlobalHero06 posted:

Thanks for running this Miller Time. I too enjoyed the writeups and spreadsheets.

When do you plan to send out payments?

what this guy said on both counts

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

$600
10% ($60): free josh gordon - 3 teams are 10-4, as discussed below it seems fair to give the tie to total points for. Luckily the other 10-4 teams are the 2 that placed in the money
20% ($120): Congratulations to runner up Brandon Marshall's TV
70% ($420): Congratulations to our league winner Das Smoot!

It was a fairly tight final, with Das Smoot beating Brandon Marshall's TV 141.1 to 125.8. The line was -17 in Smoot's favor, which was almost exactly the final score. Das Smoot won largely on an epic game by Russell Wilson. I saw somewhere RW should be considered for fantasy MVP of the year. He put up 7 games between 19 and 27, 4 games above 30 and only 4 games below 15, with the last occurring in week 17. For someone who went 107th in the late part of the 9th round he turned out to be the 4th best QB in our league. The rest of Das Smoot's team put up strong consistent points, with 4 players coming in between 18 and 20 points. In particular, Das Smoot made lemonade at the RB position, where he used Fred Jackson and Jeremy Hill for 19 points each.

For BM's TV, his team and the underlying teams of his players just ran out of stamina. I think Murray showed wear from his exhausting season, rushing 22 times for only 58 yards and 1 TD. Matt Ryan put up a win against NO but both QB's here now have serious question marks from a fantasy/actual perspective going into the future. Roddy White also deteriorated before our eyes this season and will soon be a shell of his former self. Golden Tate put up 11 in a game where both teams were also falling apart (Lions and Bears). Stafford seems to have been losing what little accuracy he had and got crushed this week by the Packers. BM's TV also tried to make lemonade, getting 10+ point games out of Brandon LaFell, Heath Miller and Kenny Stills, but ultimately came up short. Still, a pretty impressive run given the relative caliber of his team (no offense).

I was sad I didn't make the playoffs, I thought I had one of the better teams with Luck/Bell/Forte and the pickup of CJ Anderson. Luck had an incredible season, beating Aaron Rodgers by a point and Peyton by 40 points, but seriously fell off at the end of the year, turning in 3 of his 4 worst games in the last 3 weeks. He got stomped on by Dallas in what would have been the finals, so maybe it was for the best. Extremely weak games by Torrey Smith, Larry Donnell and mediocre games by Anderson and VJ did me in.

Leaguesafe payments are set, please confirm your names are right and that my math is correct:

Mike Avery will be allocated $420.00
Jennings Cook will be allocated $120.00
machinegunlawyer will be allocated $60.00

Thanks everyone for playing, you'll be contacted next year for first rights to play again. I'm also thinking about a second league. I heard this fun idea where you redraft your team for the playoffs.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Can we get rid of kickers next year? :allears:

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

And maybe dip our toes into IDP rather than DST?

Oh oh and record punt/kick return yards so Sproles doesn't make me sad 14/16 weeks of the season?

(I kid Miller you got me for next year regardless of the rules but I swear if my first round pick gets arrested again... :argh:)

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
fg

sants fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 28, 2015

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
best record is correct as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

Leaguesafe payments are set, please confirm your names are right and that my math is correct:

Mike Avery will be allocated $420.00
Jennings Cook will be allocated $120.00
machinegunlawyer will be allocated $60.00
My name is right (Mike Avery). Sorry for the late response; it's been a busy couple of weeks. Thanks for doing this league. I enjoyed it immensely, especially since it was my only championship this year. I was psyched my zero RB strategy worked out. Josh Gordon didn't make nearly the impact I hoped for but all of my RB picks were spot on, even Jonathan Stewart who I gave up on way too early in the season. I'm never spending a high pick on an RB again in PPR drafts.

• Locked thread