Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

The Texans should have drafted Blake Bortles

I can't believe I'm writing this

Can't I trust you other Texans fans alone for one night without this becoming a thing? :mad: How many running backs does Clowney have to kill before you're convinced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Would you rather have Peyton Manning or Reggie White? :v:

Well, we already have a Reggie White and if the last Superbowl was any indication... :smuggo:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Tom Savage looks to have a lot of potential

Will Kirios and Intruder be mad if I say we should cut Keenum and give all the week 4 snaps to Savage? :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

The Texans held Peyton to a field goal in the first half, and he scored when we subbed in the 2nd string. I'm pretty ecstatic considering I expected the Arizona score by half time.

No Clowney or J-Jo, either. :stwoon: Between defense, competent special teams, and running game, Texans could do well considering how weak the schedule is.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

careful there, that is dangerously close to positive thinking!

That's as optimistic as I'm willing to go; I still foresee 9-7 as our ceiling, at most.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

12-4 if we had Bortles

More like 4-12 in the Awesome Names League compared to one Thomas Benjamin Savage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm sure as hell not giving up Clowney :colbert:

No see you must always take the QB over the freakish DE. Julius Peppers doesn't look like he plays with a ton of effort, either.

What year is this, again?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I love JJ but I'd trade him for Luck in a heartbeat

Well OK then.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah you trade watt for luck how is that even a question

Watt is already at an All-Pro level, whereas I'm not entirely convinced Luck is as good as the hype leads one to believe.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Wanvig posted:

I wasn't in the thread too much last night, did Intruder have a BBP-like meltdown and his brain is broken now?

I think he's been despondent ever since the Arizona game and has only been watching Bortles look competent against 2nd-stringers. :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

Andrew Luck: all hype

After last night I wouldn't be surprised that you have difficulty parsing what people say without assuming.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

so is deflecting your own lack of intelligence like your gimmick or what

Were you always like this or have there been substances involved? Find better ways to respond to posts you disagree with other than extrapolating some ridiculous conclusion that wasn't even inferable.

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm gonna keep Watt thnks.

:respek:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Or the fact that with JJ Watt Watting all over the NFL last year, the Texans still had the worst record in the league because of horrible qb play. I get falling in love with players on the team you root for, but to not take a 25 year old legit franchise quarterback (the most important position in football) is kinda nuts to me.

You, a Falcons fan, wanna tell me about needing a franchise QB and poor records? :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

hmmm yes *dumb rhetorical question* lol come on now

anyways have fun with uh, Fitzmagic!

Have fun with a braindead Welker and a successfully trolled Manning I guess, dick.

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm annoyed we could have had, Watt, Clowney and Bridgewater.

Savage gets no love. :smith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah. I am.

Fair enough, and I see your point but I feel like anyone who goes "But they had JJ Watt and still went 2-14!" is only judging that season by the record alone. It would just as silly to look at Atlanta's record and think elite QBs were worthless because Matt Ryan had a good season and they still stunk up the place. Would you agree?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Agreed. Question though. Lets say Hou and Ind make a trade straight up Watt for Luck. Does Houstons odds to win the superbowl go up or down? What about Indy.

Indy's go down a ton because that team is dreadful without Luck, whereas I feel Houston has a stronger oline, running game, and defensive front 7, much of which meant fuckall when you aren't even getting average QB play because one dude set a record for consecutive games with a pick six and the other literally can't read defenses or do anything other than bomb it or checkdown, so Luck would have a much stronger supporting cast.

One thing to keep in mind is that Houston had the hardest schedule in the AFC on top of poo poo like freak injuries to players like Cushing, Manning, and Foster, 2-of-11 in games decided by a TD or less, and were at the bottom of the league in terms of turnover differential. Compare this to a team like Indy that has had one of the easier average schedules the past few seasons, and even they started to look bad once Wayne went down.

My main point earlier was that Watt, probably by the end of the regular season in 2011, has been playing at an All-Pro level and his stats and play back it up. Luck on the other hand has all of the potential but hasn't quite lived up to it yet; if not for a rash of Chiefs injuries we are probably looking at Luck getting blown out of the Wild Card round of the playoffs for the second year in a row, rather than getting blown out by the Patriots instead.

Why the hell would I want to trade such an incredible known quantity in Watt for Luck? A better comparison would be trading Clowney instead, but due to the unique situation of getting to play Watt and Clowney at the same time makes me unlikely to even make that trade.

quote:

Atlantas season last year wasnt because of Ryans play. If Atl had Keenum or Fitz they go 0-16 last year and Im not joking.

It's almost as though you're making my point for me. :v:

EDIT:

Burger Trench posted:

The Texans had a lot of poo poo breaks last year, yeah, but seriously, imagine the Colts without Andrew Luck. The fact the Texans had the best defensive player in the league and talent at a number of other positions still ended up with the #1 record says it all.

Does all that talent count if it was mostly on IR? At one point we had 40% of our cap room injured between Cushing, Daniels, Foster, Manning, Joseph (for stretches), etc. Again, feel free to judge the team so strongly by the record, but you'd be incorrect for stopping there.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 25, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

FuzzySkinner posted:

They have two cornerbacks, they just need to make sure they don't get hurt.

But pretty much they need to focus on QB and WR at this point. The defense isn't terrible.

Is o-line a huge need for them? I don't watch the Browns much, admittedly, but what stuck out to me in the Washington game was how easy it seemed for them to get pressure on Hoyer/Manziel (though Washington has a good defensive front as well).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Jimmy Garoppotomus is gonna run hog wild on the NFL someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Should've drafted him instead of Sua-Filo :(

Wrong! <:mad:>

• Locked thread