Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
:getin:

quote:

"Man, they looked goooooood," said James Jones, who signed with the Raiders this offseason. "They looked like they were in midseason form. A-Rod is the man in that offense. They're doing a lot of quick games, giving the receivers a chance to get the ball in their hands, make some plays for Aaron. But they looked good. They looked real explosive."

Running the no-huddle, Rodgers and the No. 1 offense got off 39 plays before exiting with 5:58 left in the second quarter. If they managed to keep up that pace for an entire game, it would equate to 97.5 offensive plays. For comparison’s sake, the Denver Broncos led the NFL last season, averaging 72.3 plays per game.

The Packers' goal for this season is to run 75 plays per game. The way things looked on Friday, they might just achieve that.

"The no-huddle is a beast," said Woodson, who won the NFL defensive player of the year award as a member of the Packers in 2009. "It keeps a defense on its heels. When you have a quarterback as smart as he is, he's able to pick up what you're trying to do. They kept us off balance that first drive and went down and scored very easily."

"They finally brought in a running back who can do some damage," Woodson said, referring to Lacy. "It's going to be tough for some people."

The Packers offense is firing on all loving cylinders and we have a shitload of talent at every position -- including running back!!! If we can avoid half the OL getting injured again I think the offense could do better than 2011 this season, especially with those laughable Rules of Emphasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

OSheaman posted:

gently caress I hope that was an unusually good game for the Hawks because they look unbeatable right now.

Packers-Seahawks Week 1 is going to be absolutely incredible to watch.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That, or the Packers are going to get obliterated. Seattle is loving crazy good.

Yessssss, add more chips to Rodgers's shoulder. Go on, go on. :twisted:

I'm just glad it's the first game of the season so we don't have to stress out about its impact on ~Playoffs~ or anything. I can't remember being this hype for the first NFL game of the season in recent memory.

• Locked thread