Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

I mean, I know you're way out of their league, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Al Cowens posted:

Best parts of Princess Mononoke was when Ashitaka's arm loses its poo poo in response to something Eboshi said but he barely manages to maintain composure and Minnie Driver/Billy Crudup are amazing VAs
Actually they're not that good, they're pretty bad at it, but even if they were it doesn't matter cause it suffers from the same totally incompetent Disney direction of the dubbing process. Billy Bob Thorton hosed up his lines so badly that it's embarrassing to listen to. You can always identify Disney's on-the-cheap dubs by their wildly wrong translations and hilariously disjointed sentences. Also, as always, spoken lines from characters where in the original NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.

edit: Also, gasping. It's not a horrible, amateur dub unless you insert awkward gasping sounds where in the original no one says anything or makes any noises. That's the mark of an English dub.

Prettz fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 23, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

What is it with the short sleeve plaid shirts and crouching

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

naem posted:

What is it with the short sleeve plaid shirts and crouching

It's a white thing. You wouldn't understand.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
Literally nobody would fetishize the Nazis if it weren't for Hugo Boss. It's all on him. They were monsters who deserved to die, but their uniforms were kickass.

Still waiting for Spirited Away on blu.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Disconnecticus posted:

Literally nobody would fetishize the Nazis if it weren't for Hugo Boss. It's all on him. They were monsters who deserved to die, but their uniforms were kickass.

You would. Admit it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Disconnecticus posted:

They were monsters who deserved to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Disconnecticus posted:

You can't fault a man for doing his job well :colbert:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Races usually self segregate anyway

ChthonicLlama
May 15, 2007

The Klan's social media guy on the far right there

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every time I see the picture in the OP I think you could replace "race" with "same sex marriage" on those signs.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Every time I see the picture in the OP I think you could replace "race" with "same sex marriage" on those signs.

Yes two beliefs that people would stick up for yes, that is thought provoking

Hawkie
Jul 20, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

Best parts of Princess Mononoke was when Ashitaka's arm loses its poo poo in response to something Eboshi said but he barely manages to maintain composure and Minnie Driver/Billy Crudup are amazing VAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLBhOlnpttQ
:cawg:

Anyone see that Billy Crudup movie where Jennifer Connelly dies and comes bak to annoy the poo poo out of him?

It would make a sweet anime

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Wolfsheim posted:

If all the gross GBSers with anime avatars have to post itt can they at least explain what the deal is with Nazi fetishism in anime

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ChthonicLlama posted:

The Klan's social media guy on the far right there

I'm currently sitting at a bar in southeast Portland and have seen at least two people with the same sunglasses/beard as these guys

• Locked thread