Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Well there is everything Firaxis is doing, and they are even having their own con this year. Or you could just do what alot of people are doing and play the layby simulator known as star citizen, hear thats hot too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All the good games are in 20XX.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

AngrySquid posted:

Well there is everything Firaxis is doing, and they are even having their own con this year. Or you could just do what alot of people are doing and play the layby simulator known as star citizen, hear thats hot too

what's that, a game where you simulate throwing money down a digital drain, sign me up

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also, JRPG's are a dying genre and thank loving god. Why yes I would love to play [sterotypical anime loner] who's trying to insert his penis into the 7 year old princess he's on a quest to save while an anime dog and old magic pervert join me for 40 hours.

Battle! Time for the fun part!

*Stands in line*
*selects attack*
*anime loner pussily swings pussy sword stands in line again*

See how fun and full of excitment that was!

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

cat doter posted:

according to sass' spergy rear end spreadsheet, I tend to play TONS of a game I like then nothing for weeks at a time

that's probably weird

I do this too, it's probably normal

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also lol if you play games like Skyrim as anything other than an Alpha male berserker.

"Let me play a limp wristed mage. I feel more comfortable in playing a mage because I have never nor will I ever see a vagina in real life."

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had some nostalgia for starcraft back in the day so im d/l sc2 no idea if this will be good

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Videogames are literally as good as books and movies, which are all filled with tons and tons of garbage.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

I do this too, it's probably normal

normal for cool rear end dudes like us :cool:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I had some nostalgia for starcraft back in the day so im d/l sc2 no idea if this will be good

The single player campaigns are a lot more fun this time. It still seems pretty short for how much it costs. I don't really do the online stuff so if that's your bag you might love it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Volume posted:

Also lol if you play games like Skyrim as anything other than an Alpha male berserker.

"Let me play a limp wristed mage. I feel more comfortable in playing a mage because I have never nor will I ever see a vagina in real life."

I play Skyrim as a loving Everything. I'm a Warrior Mage Necromancing Healer Damage Dealer Makin' the Ladies Squealer Dragon Shout Never Doubt Dovahkiin Supreme. Except for sneaking, thievery and archery because gently caress that poo poo.

But I use the SPERG mod on PC so mileage may vary.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm so sick of square-chinned white ripped manly men male protagonists that all look like action figurines from the 80s

RPGs are the only game where I can play as a black woman

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Cuckoo posted:

I'm so sick of square-chinned white ripped manly men male protagonists that all look like action figurines from the 80s

RPGs are the only game where I can play as a black woman

I think you mean "RPGs and Saints Row".

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I've been playing only World of Warcraft since 2004 so I'm not really savvy on this subject. Sorry OP.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
I heard some kids saying 'Dork's Holes' was a good game the other day.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Best game this year has been a trailer with one level.

It was good though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

yeah they're good

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

yeah they're good

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

video games were never good

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Depends man, depends. How much weed you have?

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
i don't know. i hope so.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

i like the street fighter and quake

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

im old as gently caress

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volume posted:

Also, JRPG's are a dying genre and thank loving god. Why yes I would love to play [sterotypical anime loner] who's trying to insert his penis into the 7 year old princess he's on a quest to save while an anime dog and old magic pervert join me for 40 hours.

Battle! Time for the fun part!

*Stands in line*
*selects attack*
*anime loner pussily swings pussy sword stands in line again*

See how fun and full of excitment that was!

What JRPG actually has something remotely like this?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I said come in! posted:

What JRPG actually has something remotely like this?

The middle part is pretty spot-on actually. I don't know what he's on about with the 7 year old princess and magical pervert, maybe he's only played RPG Maker games.

Also Skies of Arcadia is the only good JRPG ever made. Truth.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

crusader kings 2 is still good

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

crusader kings 2 is still good

crusader kings 2 was never good. its so lame and boring compared to other paradox games. you just fuckin sit tehre and wait for random events and/or conquer things and blob out. it's lie a babby game next to Vicky 2

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fandyien posted:

crusader kings 2 was never good. its so lame and boring compared to other paradox games. you just fuckin sit tehre and wait for random events and/or conquer things and blob out. it's lie a babby game next to Vicky 2

Vicky2 is like half game half spreadsheet and you are forever dicking around with government policies. i prefer murdering relatives

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

facebook jihad posted:

well what's a good game to play i like max payne 3 it seemed fun but *~~gaming journalism~~* tells me it sucks

Gaming "journalism" is a joke, don't even bother with that poo poo. Don't pre-order games, wait for reviews and complaints by normal people to come out. If you have a half hour to waste, watch some nerd play it on youtube before you make up your mind to buy or not.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
maybe

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also GTA5 is good if you completely ignore the story and missions and just drive around. its a very good driving around game.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I'm going to play diablo all day tomorrow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

Vicky2 is like half game half spreadsheet and you are forever dicking around with government policies. i prefer murdering relatives

yeah but once you balance those spreadsheets and accomplish some tiny goal like annexing a small part of romania or w/e it feels so much more satisfying than "let me click through this hackneyed event chain" imo

vicky 2 owns

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just The Facts posted:

Best game this year has been a trailer with one level.

It was good though.

Sorry, Mario kart 8 is goty

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
the last game I played was the south park game

it was funny & fun. not super challenging and if you don't use a guide you probably won't be able to find all the collectables in one play thru, but still fun

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

the last game I played was the south park game

it was funny & fun. not super challenging and if you don't use a guide you probably won't be able to find all the collectables in one play thru, but still fun

lol you're retarded

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fandyien posted:

yeah but once you balance those spreadsheets and accomplish some tiny goal like annexing a small part of romania or w/e it feels so much more satisfying than "let me click through this hackneyed event chain" imo

vicky 2 owns

you must have had a poo poo ck2 experience because i dont see a whole lot of event chains its more scheming and manipulation of individuals. its different from the more nation focused nature of other paradox games sure, but imo EU3 and 4 are way more annoyingly driven by events than ck

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i want more hex grid turn based rpg's, none of the stupid rear end realtime turn based/use a pause button whatever bullshit. really if you go halfway on tunr based or action you just get a giant pile of poo poo.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
good video games on my phone:

tertis
words with frieynds
solitare
threes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

buy a ps3 volume, its super cheap and there are many really cool games on there

i just did this yesterday. it was $100 at a pawn shop and whoever it was stolen from had a poo poo load of full games downloaded; so that's a nice bonus. i turned off the internet on it so they can't remotely deactivate them and spoil my fun

• Locked thread