Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if u dont like threes or tetris nigga i dont even wanna talk to u. just keep walkin if u dont like tetris or threes. u a fuckboy and i DONT associate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
What the gently caress is a PS3 "Volume"?

Yes I Google searched it and apparently it doesn't exist so I don't even know.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ilikedirt posted:

if u dont like threes or tetris nigga i dont even wanna talk to u. just keep walkin if u dont like tetris or threes. u a fuckboy and i DONT associate

where is my turn based hex grid tetris

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

ilikedirt posted:

its like a black guy is posting in gbs lmao

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Fandyien posted:

lol you're retarded

what gave it away

nah if you didn't like the south park game you have no sense of humor or capability for enjoyment

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i like tetris and have liked it for a number of years now and in consequence concur with forums poster ilikedirt (can't proffer a corresponding opinion concerning "threes")

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

nomadologique posted:

i like tetris and have liked it for a number of years now and in consequence concur with forums poster ilikedirt (can't proffer a corresponding opinion concerning "threes")

Tetris is the most Russian game ever conceived. No matter how good you are, or how lucky you get, eventually you will still fail.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

what gave it away

nah if you didn't like the south park game you have no sense of humor or capability for enjoyment

or you might not be a 16 year old boy

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Hobohemian posted:

Tetris is the most Russian game ever conceived. No matter how good you are, or how lucky you get, eventually you will still fail.

this is wrong since you can win in competitive tetris which is really the best tetris

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Fandyien posted:

I mean I don't agree with a lot of the politics in South Park but I contend that if you don't like Trey Parker and Matt Stone you're probably a pretty joyless person.

nomadologique posted:

this is wrong since you can win in competitive tetris which is really the best tetris

I learned from Ecstasy of Order that there's a "kill screen" in Tetris which was supposedly so fast that it was impossible to beat. But then a few guys went ahead and beat it anyways.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Volume posted:

Also those lovely indie games that you pay 30 bucks to download and it's a one hour romp through a game that looks shittier than the orginal Atari.

"But the graphics are retro!"

I haven't paid over a dollar for an indie game in years because of bundles hth

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

facebook jihad posted:

well what's a good game to play i like max payne 3 it seemed fun but *~~gaming journalism~~* tells me it sucks

Anyone who says that is 100% wrong in every way. Max Payne 3 is overall probably the best game Rockstar have ever made, hands down.

Play it. Play it. Play it.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 23, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fandyien posted:

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up, unlike Something Awful forums poster Fandyien.”

--- C.S. Lewis

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The only good video game ever made is Parappa the Rapper 2.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

i assume he just meant there's a huge volume of games on there. really you don't need one of those newer consoles all they do is fancier graphics. now is the time of ps3 the games are dirt cheap they aren't "classic" yet you can get the best ones for like $5 anywhere.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Still working my way through Super Mario 64 this game is hard

and what is this freaky controller shape about ?!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

the last time i bought tetris, the company had mandated marathon mode to be finite, which is some bs. the version i got before that had wii balance board support and a mode where you build stairs for a lil guy which fulfilled my 15 year long childhood dream

Not All Tetris Was Created Equal

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quickscope420dad posted:

Still working my way through Super Mario 64 this game is hard

and what is this freaky controller shape about ?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortigaunt

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Rutibex posted:

i assume he just meant there's a huge volume of games on there. really you don't need one of those newer consoles all they do is fancier graphics. now is the time of ps3 the games are dirt cheap they aren't "classic" yet you can get the best ones for like $5 anywhere.

Ahh I see, I forget that this is GBS 1.4 where we're free to be lazy asses who don't use punctuation.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

Ahh I see, I forget that this is GBS 1.4 where we're free to be lazy asses who don't use punctuation.
it conveys tone p well imo

"Look, everybody! I'm King Vidiot! Won't someone trim this forest that's pushing out of my arse?!"

quakster fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 23, 2014

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Volume posted:

I haven't owned a system since the orginal NES. Last month I decided to google PS4 games in an effort to talk my self into going to a pawnshop to buy a PS4. There are no good games any more. It's all Call of Gear Fields Honor War 4 and Madden.cs.

chaosbreather posted:

buy a ps3 volume, its super cheap and there are many really cool games on there

King Vidiot posted:

The answer is in this post.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
or maybe he was talking to the poster named Volume who posted right before him

maybe

edit: gently caress, beaten

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

also the only good video game is a dead video game

video games dont kill people, people kill people

that video game was asking for it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

The guy he was responding to is named 'volume'.
So he was saying "Buy a PS3, Volume."

Dumbass.

Also get Hoplite on your phone that's kinda fun. As for PS4, I bought one and don't know why, all I have for it is 'The Show' and while good, it's like the only thing I see published for it that I actually want.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I thought last years underrated video game Gone Home was great but 2014? naw nothing good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

yes

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

good videogames dont expire so even if you get sick of playing battlefield 12 that you spent $90 dollars on you can still play good games from the past that have replayability

a little lifehack

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

I thought last years underrated video game Gone Home was great but 2014? naw nothing good

gone home is the schindlers list of video games

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

I've never seen it on sale either, so I bet that dude payed full price for that boring poo poo.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

one represents a literal holocaust, and the other is schindler's lfaislgi

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

I've never seen it on sale either, so I bet that dude payed full price for that boring poo poo.

it was worth it, a movie costs like £10 so I don't see the problem with paying £20 for double the entertainment (I bought the Original Soundtrack too!)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Cucking Mama posted:

yeah they're good

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I played Mario Party 8 a bit about a year ago and thought it was fun. I read some reviews for it just for kicks and discovered IGN or whatever has been complaining for every installment about its luck based gameplay that barely relies on skill. I mean...what? Like that's the point of Mario party

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

facebook jihad posted:

I played Mario Party 8 a bit about a year ago and thought it was fun. I read some reviews for it just for kicks and discovered IGN or whatever has been complaining for every installment about its luck based gameplay that barely relies on skill. I mean...what? Like that's the point of Mario party
somebody lock em in a room with nothing but a table with some dice on it. tell em theyll get out if they roll 24 three times in a row

that is nintendo-designed mp

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

insurgency is a better counter strike imo

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quakster posted:

somebody lock em in a room with nothing but a table with some dice on it. tell em theyll get out if they roll 24 three times in a row

The point of mario party is that anyone can win. From literal children to the biggest fattest Mountain Dew drinking gamer bastard. Or you can straw man it to death.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why so many bejewel clones

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

quakster posted:

a game based on luck ???????????????????

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ilikedirt posted:

a game based on luck ???????????????????
yes. while a physical group bonding experience for people who cannot partake in mutual sexual congress, such as blood relatives, is often perceived as positive in certain cultures, some individuals can become pariahs within their community due to their relative inability to enjoy such activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quakster posted:

yes. while a physical group bonding experience for people who cannot partake in mutual sexual congress, such as blood relatives, is often perceived as positive in certain cultures, some individuals can become pariahs within their community due to their relative inability to enjoy such activities

You sound like you'd be really fun to hang out with

• Locked thread