Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I voted 1. It said "THANK GOD YOU VOTED". Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

the Gaffe posted:

true god is weed god smoke eternally

420 smoke god erryday

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miltank posted:

Find me the new testament quote. I can think of one, where Jesus says that blaspheme against the holy spirit is the only unforgivable sin.

"lol, kill all jews" -Paul, probably

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miltank posted:

because belief in God was replaced by idealization of the state/progress of history/the mythic common man which provided the justifications for hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Idealization isn't a requirement of being an atheist, you tard, nor is Christianity mine from it. Just look at a theocracy.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

Which rule is that?

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. It's in the Ten Commandments and everything.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

quakster posted:

morals are an extension and means of controlling the chemical reactions that happen in the human brain and are there to stop people from stomping their own babbys to death as part of a process usually referred to as natural selection. you can call this, or any other process god if you wish, just realize that everyone with a functional brain has morals and they have nothing to do with a book of any sort. from my perspective the word god solely refers to the character present in a lot of fiction, often as an anthropomorphization of existence itself and i will use different words to refer to different concepts in an attempt to avoid confusion. stop thinking you're better than anyone else and pushing your incredibly skewed worldview on others

Dude, you're replying to Miltank, the LeJackle of religion threads. This is way too much effort.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Izumi Konata posted:

re: thread title:

richard dawkins is a very clever troll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqVUxC3_Jw4

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

Its OK to believe in religion if you are naturally inclined to do so, such as if you are an old lady or a closeted pedophile.

Join the Catholic Church and you don't even have to stay in the closet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

jiminy christmas my posting

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

have you fegs figured out the meaning of no-god life yet. lmao.

To smoke our body-weight in weed

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't have to come up with anything in the first place, so I don't know what your bitching about.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

guys stop saying the bible is translated inaccurately! by the way, the bible was translated inaccurately!

Expecting Kyrie to know what he's talking about is like expecting a Down's syndrome kid to understand nuclear physics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

good thing that all that stuff was written down immediately after it happened and not like, 50 to 100 years later. obviously it's a completely accurate eyewitness account, so it's not like translation errors even matter. just believe!

And don't forget all the extra biblical accounts such as

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

religion is an interpretation of our existential situation. it is a positive/constructive possibility. a religious person is simply someone who prefers to keep this possibility open. a religious person has hope in a positive outcome. the atheist chooses despair and prefers despair.

Your life is meaningless. Embrace the darkness.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Infinite Karma posted:

I got in an argument with my girlfriend, but I can't find the quote in the bible. Which part has god turning into a bull so he can bang hot chicks without his wife finding out?

Romans 2 24:13-34

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Robo Reagan posted:

nah couldn't be that

No, see, Mary said it was a virgin birth herself. We know this because of an account written 50-200 years after the birth actually happened.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

Fuckwit that doesn't apply in this situation, and I'm beginning to think you and most other people here don't even know what it means. Every argument that "thing isn't actually thing" isn't a "No true Scotsman". To fit, it has to be an argument that the label doesn't apply because of an action taken. If I said kyrie eleison wasn't really religious because they are arguing like a moron on the internet and religious people don't do that, and kyrie eleison claims to be religious, and I go kyrie eleison isn't *really* religious? That is a "No true Scotsman". If I say that kyrie eleison is just a religion themed troll, hence the name and the actions taken over the years, that isn't. It has nothing to do with any group or label, it's just talking about kyrie eleison's behavior alone.

You don't know what words mean and I do. That's one of the many reasons I think I'm smarter than you.

u mad lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^^^
Come on, are you burnt out already?

_____

Holy poo poo, Boog is actually pissed. This is amazing :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lol, Boog was like "Kyrie ain't a Jesus-man" and then he was all like "Yah-huh" and then Boog's only comeback was "you sex a Jew".

This is the best day ever

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But I'm sure he didn't mean "unforgivable sin" as in dating a Jew was as bad as loving a dog. Boog just mean that it was an unforgivable sin and that doing so sent you to hell alongside the dog fuckers.

Totally different!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

Stop making my religion look bad, Jew-fucker!!!!

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

No, I'm congratulating you. That was a good one.

This is a good one too.

Good job!

Roll with them punches, champ

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

You are doing some of your best posting right now. Take a picture.

Rooooooolllllll with 'em

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

What, I'm giving you what you want. You want to own me, and you are owning me so hard. I am never going to live this down. It's the most epic beatdown of my character I've ever received on these forums and it's going to stand the test of time. Like six months from now it'll be call-backed in some thread on abortion, and I'll try to make a post and people will be all "Remember that time Who What Now asked you if you were mad? That was great". And I'll be shamed and have to leave.

And I don't know, then everyone will clap for you.

You know, your right, that is what wil- WAIT A MINUTE

I don't think you're being 100% truthful. I think you might even be, dare I say it, sarcastic!

Oh ho! You almost had me there. Almost like you wanted to manipulate me, much like one manipulates a wooden doll via strings.

A manipulate-a-wooden-doll-via-strings defense, if you will. Why, you could even be a master of it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lichy posted:

there's lots of dumb religions like libertarianism and neoliberalism

Whenever I hear the terms neoliberalism or neoconservatism I always think it refers to liberals and conservatives from the far future where the stick the prefix neo- onto everything. I wish that were the case because what those terms actually mean is pretty lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miltank posted:

the bible isn't that though.

Well not with that attitude.

• Locked thread