Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Illegal Username posted:

i liked the interview where Nelson goes like "Yeah this is what a 250 pound guy who's not on steroids looks like" and all the huge ripped guys in the room get super awkward

haha nelson owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

why do fightysport nerds always hate the heavyweight divisions

it's just straight up cooler watching two huge guys fight than watching a couple of twinks, even if the twinks need to be more tactical to make up for being twinks

Torka fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 24, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

it's just straight up cooler watching two huge guys fight than watching a couple of twinks, even if the twinks need to be more tactical to make up for being twinks

we just need to give them knife hands, or put some sharp spurs on their feet like roosters.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Torka posted:

hi i'm a big fat man and here are the three youtube videos about jiu-jitsu that i watched before becoming a professional fighter

check out these highlights of me getting subbed by a 400lb comedy boxer

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

brit athletes got you all beat, try pro darts player andy fordham on for size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
The dude is probably all subcutaneous fat with little to no visceral fat. He literally has a layer of squishy body armor that is great for defusing body blows without the drawback of putting strain on his heart and lungs. It makes me wonder how an accomplished stable-trained sumo would do.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

hi i'm a big fat man and here are the three youtube videos about jiu-jitsu that i watched before becoming a professional fighter

check out these highlights of me getting subbed by a 400lb comedy boxer
have they ever tried eliminating weight classes in professional fightymans to see if conventional wisdom (size wins if skill is equal) is correct

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

have they ever tried eliminating weight classes in professional fightymans to see if conventional wisdom (size wins if skill is equal) is correct

bruce lee dying made people get dumb about weight classes

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Torka posted:

Original UFC did not have weight classes. John McCain made them put in weight classes along with wearing gloves.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

MegaGatts posted:

Original UFC did not have weight classes. John McCain made them put in weight classes along with wearing gloves.

they should wrap some razor wire around the gloves. or make them use gloves filled with lead dust.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

MustelaFuro posted:

The dude is probably all subcutaneous fat with little to no visceral fat. He literally has a layer of squishy body armor that is great for defusing body blows without the drawback of putting strain on his heart and lungs. It makes me wonder how an accomplished stable-trained sumo would do.

Doesnt muscle put more strain on the heart than fat because muscle needs blood? So its almost healthier to be like Roy rather than a meat monster if you're a heavyweight.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Doesnt muscle put more strain on the heart than fat because muscle needs blood? So its almost healthier to be like Roy rather than a meat monster if you're a heavyweight.

are you being facetious or do you really not know how the cardiovascular system works?

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Azraelle posted:

a feet taller than him

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

MustelaFuro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAS1hUntyY

0-4 in MMA, 1-8 in kickboxing

doesn't matter because the japanese will always pay cash money to watch a man with gigantism fight a man who needs a speciality toilet

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I like this idea that very fat people are naturally good fighters, that is totally believable and I can think of many examples throughout history

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Torka posted:

because tons of heavyweight fights involve two guys getting tired and throwing really sloppy lovely looking strikes at each other and not doing much

track down any of tim 'the maineiac' sylvia's fights as champion or kevin jordan v gabriel gonzaga if you want some good examples

lighter weightclasses don't gas nearly as much and the skill level is just higher overall (you can attribute that to big skilled guys going to nfl/nba and some other reasons but that's another discussion)

also i can't post about heavyweight mma without posting the rematch of early ufc fighters tank abbott and scott ferrozzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5zEKaXrEU

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Flesh Forge posted:

I like this idea that very fat people are naturally good fighters, that is totally believable and I can think of many examples throughout history

all gladiators in rome

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
an mma promotion called proelite did an all heavyweight card and the one tweet after the event from the promoter was 'never again'

that sums up heavyweights

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Flesh Forge posted:

The bar I like has a guy who's tall and large as a bouncer, but is built like the stay-puft marshmallow man. You know he'd be out of breath after the first 3 punches.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAS1hUntyY

0-4 in MMA, 1-8 in kickboxing

doesn't matter because the japanese will always pay cash money to watch a man with gigantism fight a man who needs a speciality toilet
Akebono doesn't count. I'm talking about the guys who train most of every day. The good ones have some of the strongest back muscles in the world, accelerate as fast as Olympic sprinters, and have to eat obscene amounts of fish and rice to keep their weight on. That Akebono guy can barely move and literally lumbers when he walks. Akebono is a fat dude who took up Sumo. Most pro Sumo were skinny when they began training in their teens and over the years put on all their weight.

I'm a sucker for things that break stereotypes.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Time for a real man itt

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

verne troyer is getting buff

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

More of this!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

almost positive she would break my dick into pieces with her legs/pleasure tunnel but idgaf in the least

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DoombatINC posted:

He's made a career out of being dad-strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9di7g35df10

drat thats funny

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a creepy colon posted:

here i made a gif of it

the guy getting hit in the nuts is currently serving life without the possibility of parole for rape and torture

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TOILETLORD posted:

all gladiators in rome

haha look at how dumb you are

everyone knows gladiators were all ripped motherfuckers lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Flesh Forge posted:

haha look at how dumb you are

everyone knows gladiators were all ripped motherfuckers lol

know this is a joke post was referring to the gladiator grave yard that got dug up in rome. all the fighters had skeletons of fatties, they figure they would cut into each others fat so they would bleed look hurt without really being hurt.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do you identify a fat persons skeleton?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

How do you identify a fat persons skeleton?

skeletal wear and tear, and where the bones flexed.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Hogge Wild posted:

the guy getting hit in the nuts is currently serving life without the possibility of parole for rape and torture

he also killed his cellmate in prison and played Random Task in Austin Powers

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol holee poo poo

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

thats a picture of me and no i did not dress up for that con thats what i wear daily

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

ShaqDiesel posted:

Ukraine is hosed.

Fedor was actually born in Ukraine

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
fedor is hugely overrated

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Aesop Poprock posted:

have you watched mma for any period of time

I've always thought if you're consistently 'lucky', there's probably a bit more to it than 'luck.'

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
heavyweight has always been the weakest division in every combat sport because combat sports are fringe sports and most people who are huge and athletic play the big money sports like basketball or football or whatever. this allows dudes like roy nelson to thrive at heavyweight but probably not at light heavyweight or lower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i can beat a ufc guy in a street fight 100% of the time and the way i do this is i sendually tongue kiss tgem then i spit in my cock to get it lubed up. then i slide it in there b hole slowly so they feel every inch until i hit there prostate which makes them cum hard. i call this the figure 8 headlock its my winning move

• Locked thread