Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Oh touchdowns, how I have missed you :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sash! posted:

A few years ago, ESPN got me to pretty much stop watching the NFL when one of their guys said (and this is a quote) "everyone in America would benefit from sitting down with Brett Favre for five minutes."

Yes, it would be a boon for everyone to bask in his radiance for just a fleeting moment and allow him to wash over you.

I thought this was Fox with Thom Brennaman talking about Tim Tebow.

e: Found what I'm referring to

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Sweet TD.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

that was one enormous trainer :stare:

Dango Bango posted:

I thought this was Fox with Thom Brennaman talking about Tim Tebow.

That's different because Tim Tebow will anoint you with oils and allow you to put your fingers in his nail wounds so that you may believe

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
FIIIIIIGHT

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
gently caress yes points

gently caress you espn, maybe watch the loving game and then you'll know what happened

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Dang, that SHSU kid is a dick.

Eco RI
Nov 5, 2008

NOM NOM NOM OM NOM

I recall SHSU playing a bit dirty in College Station last year.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
gently caress it, I'm going deep (And overthrowing my receiver)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
These QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn. Run run run!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

kayakyakr posted:

These QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn. Run run run!

SHSU is averaging 2.9 yards per pass and 12.6 yards per run, lol

and yet they keep passing

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goddamn stop talking about the loving playoff. All this pontificating and predicting and trying to qualify what constitutes a good loss and poo poo, we'll find out in a loving month or two.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All I can think of with the commentators going on and on about the playoff is the WCW announcers talking about the NWO during one of the cruiserweight matches back in the day.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Maybe with the ball inside the 5 they will run the ball.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
drat what a punt.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
This is a hellish choice. "You can have FOOTBALL back, but you must have it on mute or be forced to listen to Cowherd..."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Goddamn stop talking about the loving playoff. All this pontificating and predicting and trying to qualify what constitutes a good loss and poo poo, we'll find out in a loving month or two.

They want to generate confusion and controversy so that people will tune into ESPN to find out what they should think. The more people argue the more money ESPN makes.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Embrace deb *vomits uncontrollably*

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Is Jason Garrett coaching the Bearkats?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
That cameraman whipped the camera towards the horizon so fast I thought he had spotted a UFO.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Slate Action posted:

That cameraman whipped the camera towards the horizon so fast I thought he had spotted a UFO.

Nope, just another overthrown pass

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Darksaber posted:

This is a hellish choice. "You can have FOOTBALL back, but you must have it on mute or be forced to listen to Cowherd..."

Gonna be honest not really enjoying their 45 minute chat about the Pac 12 and SEC

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Faltese Malkin posted:

Gonna be honest not really enjoying their 45 minute chat about the Pac 12 and SEC

I wish they would talk about the actual game they are supposed to be talking about. It's amazing how Colin Cowherd shows up and makes the commentators worse at their job.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Pretty simple solution to all this: Watch games on mute. It owns.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would talk about the actual game they are supposed to be talking about. It's amazing how Colin Cowherd shows up and makes the commentators worse at their job.

I've figured it out. Mute the sound until you see the teams at the LoS. Unmute until the play is over, then immediately mute again.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I know it doesn't mean anything, but all the highlights they had for the UGA/Clemson game preview were of UGA owning Clemson. I hope it means something :ohdear:

Eco RI
Nov 5, 2008

NOM NOM NOM OM NOM

http://i.imgur.com/0I8FWDS.png

It's a bit more bearable if you adjust the hue on your set

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know it doesn't mean anything, but all the highlights they had for the UGA/Clemson game preview were of UGA owning Clemson. I hope it means something :ohdear:

I'll be pulling for y'all. :barf:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Eco RI posted:

http://i.imgur.com/0I8FWDS.png

It's a bit more bearable if you adjust the hue on your set

It's like watching the Orion football league.

[/star trek nerd]

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

All I can think of with the commentators going on and on about the playoff is the WCW announcers talking about the NWO during one of the cruiserweight matches back in the day.

For the last few years, I've been warning that the ESPN-SEC marriage would slowly turn college football into little more than pro wrestling, where ESPN controls every aspect and dictates the sport to us.

Look upon their works and despair. :colbert:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

If I had to pick any other team in the SEC east to cheer for if UGA is either out of the hunt for the SEC Championship/National whatever, it is USCAR. Still, gently caress a gamecock.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

I hope Clemson goes :a2m: on Hutson Mason and the rest of his pastel shorts-wearing, Busch Light-drinking, Bama bangs-slinging douchebags.

Not-so-:ninja: edit: Note I hate these guys at every school. Or anywhere, for that matter.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 23, 2014

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
The most fcs thing happened. The ref whistled and instructed the pa announcer to not play music lol

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
was hoping they'd work out the dropping poo poo like that during half

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SHSU is bad at tackling.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

This game still owns. I missed football.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That crackback block, ouch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Announcing has been vastly improved in 2nd half.

Coincidentally, Colin Cowherd left.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Did Sam Houston decide they don't want to win this game all of the sudden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Owned

• Locked thread