Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Parts of Washington that don't touch the pacific should die, go bearkats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

You know it's football season when someone on TV mentions Texas Tech and Baylor as examples of the same offense and makes me unreasonably annoyed because they're really quite different.

No doubt.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

kayakyakr posted:

I think it's just the pace he was talking about. Though Baylor's not as much of a pace team as TTU is.

Huh? Check again.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

kayakyakr posted:

It was accurate. TTU had nearly 90 plays per game, Baylor had 85.

e: though to be fair, 85 was still good for 5th in the nation.

To quote the great Bill Connelly:
Adjusting for run-pass ratio (since runs are less likely to result in clock stoppages), here are the 10 fastest offenses in the country in 2013 according to Adjusted Pace:

BYU (14.3 plays greater than expected)
California (plus-12.8)
Texas Tech (plus-12.5)
Baylor (plus-11.7)
Virginia (plus-9.9)
Nevada (plus-9.9)
Fresno State (plus-9.4)
Arizona (plus-8.9)
Washington (plus-7.8)
Clemson (plus-7.5)

There were plenty of good offenses on this list, but only one not only took pace to its logical extreme, but did so consistently. That, of course, would be Baylor's, which finished fourth in Off. F/+.

So, technically Tech runs an offense 7% faster than Baylors, but Baylor actually does stuff with that pace that makes people smile.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

kayakyakr posted:

drat, you just smugged out there. Way to go, you're now the worst Baylor poster.

Lol... Sorry, it's football and my blood is up. I'll grab another beer and settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

dude789 posted:

Texas Tech does stuff with the coach that makes people smile.

The fairest in the land, there is no doubt. That care package he sent the married lady was the ballerest move I've ever seen from a coach.

• Locked thread