Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«37 »
queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

It's called The Sarkeesian Effect and it looks horrible/incredible. I can't wait!

quote:

The Sarkeesian Effect is an upcoming documentary film that will explore how gaming and tech culture have been hijacked by Social Justice Warriors as well as look into the background, ethics, and methodology of some the movement's most prominent voices. The title is a reference to Anita Sarkeesian, the primary figure in this new shift in gaming culture. Ms. Sarkeesian's controversial videos and Kickstarter campaign laid the groundwork for the current atmosphere of politically correct fear, manipulation, and intimidation. Thus, the title.

There's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHvvtUcp8I

gently caress the ROW posted:

please add this reference photo to the OP, it's the basis of all my games journalism in this thread

queertea fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2014 around 17:46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broenheim
Feb 25, 2014

Don't judge me just because I'm a trans cat

"Gaming culture"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

INITIATING THRUST PATTERN GAMMA

who cares whatever

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003

Shitpost Extraordinaire Conquistador & Preeminent Good Frogger Scumlord Tacobueno Present:

somebody please tell me whats going on ITT

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Fetus Tree posted:

I think Anita Sarkeesian is the name of a Star Wars jedi who only appeared in the books. SJW stands for Space Jews. Will report back when I learn more.

Yivgev
May 18, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Fetus Tree posted:

im going to have sex for tthe first time in this thread

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

I'M SCARED OF BLACK PEOPLE

Costello Jello posted:

I think Anita Sarkeesian is the name of a Star Wars jedi who only appeared in the books. SJW stands for Space Jews. Will report back when I learn more.

This is so far from the truth that I don't even know where to start. I recommend you educate yourself on the topic by googling her name, that should at least get you caught up on the essentials.

Fixed Expression
Nov 9, 2009

Yivgev posted:

im going to have sex for tthe first time in this thread

Dibs, called it.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

are they why all video games are poo poo now

scalded schlong
Sep 20, 2003

congratulations yivgev

Yivgev
May 18, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

scalded schlong posted:

congratulations yivgev

thank u for ur support

Dr. Furious
Jan 10, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Fetus Tree posted:

some dudes got trolled by sjws and want your money to dox them

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

i like laughing at sjws but the video games angle really weakens it for me because video games are for children and/or mental children

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

this sounds so loving boring

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

"I'm sure a urethra could accommodate a 11.5 mm object, but it wouldn't get in there easily; it would take some cooperation from the insertee."

Holy gently caress is this going to be jordan owen...

Ferid
Jun 5, 2012

Have you got it yet?

Fetus Tree posted:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

"I'm sure a urethra could accommodate a 11.5 mm object, but it wouldn't get in there easily; it would take some cooperation from the insertee."

BINGO.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003

Shitpost Extraordinaire Conquistador & Preeminent Good Frogger Scumlord Tacobueno Present:

i have a feeling i shouldnt care about this and neither should anybody else

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by XyloJW

any goons get called in to interview dont forget to bacon at narwhal

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

This kind of bullshit has no impact on Madden or COD so no one of importance gives a gently caress.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

Jordan, the greasy long haired dude, is also a big Ayn Rand fan.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

iirc this the lady who wanted to make videos about sexism in videogames so a ton of MRAs threatened to surprise sex her and one of them made a game about beating her up.

e: So now the MRAs are making a dumb movie about how she's the one who threatened and intimidated people

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2014 around 00:29

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

Yup.

Ilustforponydeath
May 28, 2011

Could you name the documentary dumb cunts?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003

Absolute Lithops posted:

iirc this the lady who wanted to make videos about sexism in videogames so a ton of MRAs threatened to surprise sex her and one of them made a game about beating her up.

e: So now the MRAs are making a dumb movie about how she's the one who threatened and intimidated people

oh so its goon.avi then ok

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

Absolute Lithops posted:

They're even going as far as pretending they're a minority getting drowned out by the majority.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Broenheim posted:

"Gaming culture"

Yivgev
May 18, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i ended up not having sex

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Yivgev posted:

i ended up not having sex

There's still time. I believe in you.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Narciss posted:

This is so far from the truth that I don't even know where to start. I recommend you educate yourself on the topic by googling her name, that should at least get you caught up on the essentials.

lol.

wait. did I just miss your sarcasm?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007
No Ledges.

Absolute Lithops posted:

This is all working up to her getting beheaded in front of a trollface flag by an overweight man in a Pickachu suit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

Skulls for the skull throne!
Skulls for the skull joke!
I love skulls!

I hate that I know who Anita Sarkeesian is.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

The Master's Art is indeed not made for plebeians.

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE.

mookface
Jun 7, 2009

I was visited by a giant last night. Twice.

the internet was better when everyone was a cynical rear end in a top hat out for a cheap laugh and no one gave a gently caress

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You need to click the icon.

Wonder how much this guy kicked in for it.

quote:

You too Ars?

First the Ben Kuchera social justice warrior bullshit, now this?

I'm sick and loving tired of you crazy, hysterical, hypocritical people hiding behind the fascism of political correctness while you lay in bed with the enemies of gaming. What's next?

I don't know, and I don't care. But I do know I will be deleting your shitbag site from my bookmarks never to visit you again after A loving DECADE OF READING YOU.\

I'm done with you two faced cunts.

People who bitch about SJWs are literally bigger, more sensitive, and thinner skinned pussies than the SJWs themselves.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Kane's retarded nephew

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

Rollout. Rollout! ROLLOUT! ROLLOUT!ROLLOUT! ROLLOUT!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wonder how much this guy kicked in for it.

People who bitch about SJWs are literally bigger, more sensitive, and thinner skinned pussies than the SJWs themselves.

no that sounds like a cop out to me bitch

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007
Rawr

Hey guys, lets all agree with reddit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 29, 2005
Nope

Captain Candiru posted:

They're even going as far as pretending they're a minority getting drowned out by the majority.

MRA's are a minority getting drowned out by the majority(of non-crazy people).

«37 »