Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genaro
Sep 22, 2011
Hey man, you're doing this for our enjoyment. Being punctual is a good thing, but if stuff comes up, we get it.

But on more a more game-related note, would you be able to beat the "Tough" boss without your NG+ craft shenanigans, or is that more apple tarts than you'd really be able to afford?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Sylphid posted:

The numbers I've been able to find are Linca standing at 160cm, Logy at 173, and Escha at 158. So, she's tall, but not especially so. Interesting you could pick up on that via the in-game models.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make Linca 5'3, Logy a bit over 5'8, and Escha 5'2? Wouldn't call her tall, although in terms of the other game characters she might be.

Also, you have the line "There's no need for that, Escha. Logy is already aware that I am an automaton." with a Logy portrait. I'm guessing Clone is responsible for that line, unless there's something Logy isn't telling us...

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Sylphid posted:

That's fair. I'll try to use those more often in the future, especially now that I actually start making halfway decent weapons (ultimate equipment, is, of course, very far off), but just keep in mind that for the game's super bosses, you basically have no choice BUT to use attack / healing items when using Escha and Logy, since those enemies have such mountains of HP that even a strike from ultimate equipment doesn't faze them that much. But, I'll certainly keep your request in mind for future battle videos. I'll also try to use different party members more often.

Are Escha and Logy the only two (as alchemists) who can use the attack items you craft? Or do the other characters just hit hard enough that it's less worth it to have them not using skills?

Another combat question, and sorry if I missed an answer earlier: how does the support attack/defend system run? Does support defending kick the covered character into the back row and temporarily out of the fight (unless covered by one of the active three)? It seems like there's little downside to ensuring you've got a defending action on any attack of substantial size, otherwise

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think it feels like that because Escha and Logy's stories are combined in this LP.

I think SSNeoman is referring more to the fact that people inform you that problems may, in fact, exist earlier on, but it seems to only be when you hit this end stage that the problem is defined and subsequently solved. I haven't played the game myself, but I assume that even if you could try and space some of these side story missions out over a longer stretch of time, you just don't have the free days to do stuff earlier on if you want to gather materials and whatnot.

Although I could be misunderstanding both him and the game, so do correct me if I'm wrong

• Locked thread