Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
That's expendable beef you have right there OP, Beef you wouldn't ordinarily have and you owe it to yourself and your dead roommate to do something unashamdly stupid with it.

What I'm saying is make a 6lb Burg and eat that fucker in one sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gaz2k21 posted:

That's expendable beef you have right there OP, Beef you wouldn't ordinarily have and you owe it to yourself and your dead roommate to do something unashamdly stupid with it.

What I'm saying is make a 6lb Burg and eat that fucker in one sitting.

honor his passing by putting your heart on the line defeating the vaunted Murder Burger(tm), the sensation of blood clotting in your veins is a sign that the ghost of your room mate has found peace and will not haunt the appartment.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
So what did you do to his beef?

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
I'm going to make a ridiculous batch of chili this weekend. I'll post recipe and pics.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
with or without beans

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

op totally beefed it wait did the internet ruin rocket power yet

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

ded posted:

with or without beans

no beans, duh.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

don't forget to put some nice steak in there too

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i suggest you join your roommate in the fiery bowels of heck

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the gently caress is wrong with you

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

scalded schlong posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you

Don't. All the weirdos from the GWS are going to blow up.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

just popping in to issue an edict of support for op and his bovine criminal mischief

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

BeefThief posted:

just popping in to issue an edict of support for op and his bovine criminal mischief

well said, forum user beef thief.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
How do you make beanless chili? Isn't the entire name of the dish based on the chili bean?

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

HarlanHell posted:

How do you make beanless chili? Isn't the entire name of the dish based on the chili bean?

there's no such thing as a chili bean and the name comes from the fact that you put chili peppers in it.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

without beans, chili is just meat sauce

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
OP, have you talked to a lawyer? Or the executor of the deceased's estate? Because if he died then the beef is technically part of the estate. If it has even the slightest value a solicitor will be all over it. And if you eat it, well, you could be in deep poo poo. A canny lawyer would argue that you have to reimburse the estate for the value of the beef, and would tack on an easy $500 to his total fees for that part of the probate alone (not bad for a few dollars of ground beef). You won't pay that $500, it'll come out of the estate, but you could make a lawyer very happy and the deceased's relatives very mad.

An exceptional lawyer would argue the entire estate has to remain intact in its entirety. So that 3 kgs of ground beef? It's coming out of you. Your body. Just pop your foot in the meat grinder and it'll all be over soon...

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

LifeSizePotato posted:

I know why do people eat it without?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

IronClaymore posted:

OP, have you talked to a lawyer? Or the executor of the deceased's estate? Because if he died then the beef is technically part of the estate. If it has even the slightest value a solicitor will be all over it. And if you eat it, well, you could be in deep poo poo. A canny lawyer would argue that you have to reimburse the estate for the value of the beef, and would tack on an easy $500 to his total fees for that part of the probate alone (not bad for a few dollars of ground beef). You won't pay that $500, it'll come out of the estate, but you could make a lawyer very happy and the deceased's relatives very mad.

An exceptional lawyer would argue the entire estate has to remain intact in its entirety. So that 3 kgs of ground beef? It's coming out of you. Your body. Just pop your foot in the meat grinder and it'll all be over soon...

Is ground goon an acceptable substitute for ground beef in a court of law?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op is actually a cannibal cow so it checks out

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Booties posted:

I know why do people eat it without?

You are supposed to put some nice beef chunks in chili also. It is kind of like a tomato based beef stew.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Wafflz posted:

I think goon meat is more the equivalent of pork

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

what kind of poo poo is this?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Invite the neighborhood over for some beer and suicsliders.

Edit: :burger:

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 28, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BPD people killing themselves is probably a good outcome, they lack whatever that ineffable qualityis that defines "humanity".

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Wafflz posted:

Depends how long the case takes. Deaths and wills and suicides are notorious for sometimes taking years to resolve. The larger the deceased's estate the more desperate lawyers on both sides will be to drag it on as long as possible. Such cases can become their meal tickets for years on end. By the time everything's worked out and the fine points on which party gets how much beef are settled, it doesn't matter what sort of meat it once was because it's become putrid green slime in the interim.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

logical phalluses posted:

I'm going to make a ridiculous batch of chili this weekend. I'll post recipe and pics.

Will this recipe include tips for driving my roommate to suicide or will it expect me to already have six pounds of beef on hand?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
From the title, I thought this was about eating his beef. I'm glad the OP isn't a Hannibal Lector.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Piggybacking off this and suggesting you make suisliders.

InterFaced posted:

Invite the neighborhood over for some beer and suicsliders.

Edit: :burger:

Same page son of a BITCH

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 28, 2014

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Nostratic posted:

Piggybacking off this and suggesting you make suisliders.

someone said that like 4 posts ago, beavis

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Affe mk2 posted:

real talk get out a biggass serrated knife
Nah, serrated knives are for cutting things that get squished easily, like bread or tomatoes. Definitely unsuitable for rock hard meat.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
If you like beans in your chili you are a poor and/or have never had good chili

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Taima posted:

If you like beans in your chili you are a poor and/or have never had good chili

lookit this guy who can't even afford beans for his chili lmbo

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

LifeSizePotato posted:

lookit this guy who can't even afford beans for his chili lmbo

Beans are much more expensive than putting more beef in it. You are right.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
all y'all are loving idiot dumbass fucktards if you dont put spaghetti in your chili

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

IronClaymore posted:

america doesnt have solicitors CHECKMATE CLASSIST BIHTC

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

alright guys who wants some vegan white chilli

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

honor his passing by putting your heart on the line defeating the vaunted Murder Burger(tm), the sensation of blood clotting in your veins is a sign that the ghost of your room mate has found peace and will not haunt the appartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.
So this is slightly different from how I normally make chili. Mainly in that I usually use beef chuck instead of ground beef from a dead man. Also I'm a huge human being and I usually toast and grind my own chili pepper powder and cumin, but that's a pain in the rear end and fucks up my coffee grinder, so I didn't think it was worth it for this industrial batch of chili.

This recipe starts with the veggies, the most important of which are obviously chili peppers, because it's called loving chili. I usually use poblano and serrano, but I added a habenero this time because gently caress it. If I made this recipe in this quantity again (which hopefully I will never do), I'd probably add like one more habenero. You'll also want some onion and garlic. Roughly chop them all up and put them aside.

Now brown your ground beef that used to belong to someone who you knew who died tragically. Get a pan nice and hot, add the beef in batches just big enough to cover the pan, and salt and pepper the poo poo out of the meat. Make sure it actually gets brown, don't just heat it up and make it grey. The Maillard reaction is basically the only reason to be alive on this gay earth, so make the most of it. Normally I would brown my beef in the pan I'm actually using to cook the chili, but I wasn't about to brown six pounds of meat in my shitass stockpot, so I did it in a cast iron skillet. Set your enormous mound of beef aside. I forgot to get a picture of this.

Since we're not browning the meat in the stockpot, I rendered some bacon for fat and flavor. I also deglazed the skillet I used for browning the meat with a little beer and added that to the stockpot. Add the veggies, salt them and saute until they're soft.

Now add your liquids. I use crushed tomatoes, beef stock and brown or dark beer. Once the liquids are in, add the beef and spices. Chili powder is clearly the most important part, it's like the whole loving point of this dish. I used this whole bag of faggotty mexican pre-ground chili powder and it probably wasn't enough. Cumin, coriander, mexican oregano and bay leaf are also essential. Beyond that, do what you want. I added smoked paprika, allspice and cinnamon. I also chopped up some chipotles in adobo and added them, as well as some of the adobo sauce.

Ok, so now you have this poo poo:

Let it simmer covered for like 3 hours, then add like 6 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate. Reduce the poo poo out of it forever until it turns into like a thick meat slurry, and then salt it to taste. Don't salt it before you reduce it, dumbass. Once it's done, put it in some kind of container and stick it in the fridge overnight. The next day, take it out and remove the gross layer of orange fat on top so that it's not greasy as gently caress. Reheat and serve with some cornbread. You can also put it over rice or spaghetti or a hot dog or top that poo poo with some cheese and onions, whatever, I don't give a gently caress.

Chili made with ground beef sucks dicks kind of hard and I'm never making it again. Thanks a lot shitbirds.

• Locked thread