Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I've heard pretty much only good things about ARR, but I don't "do" MMOs. So I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So does this game have the "classic" Final Fantasy jobs, or do you just have to use some imagination, where "pugilist" = Monk, "conjurer" = White Mage, "thaumaturge" = Black Mage, etc?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I will Nth the opinion that I'm finding the updates enjoyable, but I think a bit more summarizing will prevent the LP from going multiple updates without anything actually happening.

And I am noticing a distinct bias towards Lalafell NPCs in these tutorial updates. Doesn't Momodi have any friends from other races?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

CrashScreen posted:

Mind increases healing effectiveness. Piety increases your MP.

Is this right? It seems... backwards (since healing is usually associated religion or reverence, while MP or magic reserves is usually associated with mental strenth or what-have-you).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Excuse my lack of MMO awareness, but how do you combo Fast Blade into Savage Blade if they share a cooldown timer? Do they not have to be performed back-to-back or in quick succession?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Wow, did you have this all planned out a year ahead of time to record last year's event? That's dedication.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Man, this game doesn't seem to have much faith in the player, what with tutorial quests for drat near everything (There's a thing called potions! They heal you!).

And the writing and translation seem really good... but everyone seems to talk so much. All of them could complete their own menial quests in half the time it takes them to tell you their life story. Glad you're giving us the abridged version most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So I assume this game has different servers for different regions (in the real world, I mean; Asia, South America, etc.). Do different regions have different themed holidays, or does everybody get Halloween and such? I'm guessing a lot of Western holidays aren't as big in Japan.

• Locked thread